Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

bird with big dick posted:

Iím gonna be posting a lot in this thread I like complaining and thereís a lot of poo poo I donít like about my house.

Itís not gonna be interesting poo poo though itís going to be a lot of ďI donít have a proper foyerĒ type stuff.

bird with big dick fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Aug 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

That place looks awesome what was the asking price

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I have too many openable windows I'm afraid of rapists crawling through them I wish they were all unopenable.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Nooner posted:

i dont have a house because I am a millennial living in a major city

Iím a millennial and I live in a major city (Des Moines) and I have a house.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Reno is the biggest little city and Des Moines is the littlest major city everyone knows that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I made these a year ago to see if I could fix some of the things that are Wrong With My House if I ever did a major remodel which I will probably never do.

I feel like whoever architected my house was a C- student.

1. Kitchen is too small. My last house was 650 square feet smaller than this one but had literally twice the cabinet and counter space.
2. Pantry too small. It's just a small closet. We use the linen closet near the bathroom as a pantry also to make up for it.
3. Stupid rear end breakfast nook (the area to the left of the kitchen) that's 6' away from the dining area and 4' away from the island bar seating.
4. That hallway to the half bath wastes a poo poo ton of space. I assume this is some sort of stupid privacy convention like "Oh people don't really see you going into the shitter they just see you going into a hallway who knows whats in there oh I can definitely hear you making GBS threads though because the toilet is still only separated from the living room by a 4" thick interior wall."

So the fixes I envision are:
1. Expand the kitchen counters and cabinets into the breakfast nook gently caress breakfast nooks theyre stupid.
2. Probably double the width of the island so there's cabinets on both sides instead of just one. We can lose 2 or 3' of living room, it won't make a difference it's pretty big.
3. Move the bathroom door to the other side of the bathroom which would give me a huge walk in pantry that would be amazing.
4. Probably take the old pantry closet and use the space to make the laundry room bigger because the laundry room is kind of small and lovely.

Other issues visible in these pics:
1. I don't like that the front door just opens straight into the living room but it's not a real big deal and there's not much to be done about it in any case.
2. There's a ton of dead space behind the couch on the right. I've got bookshelves there currently but there's still wasted space. Like it's enough room you could put a couple chairs there and pretend its a reading nook or a parlor or some poo poo but that would be moronic because its not a parlor its just a weird corner of the living room and also you can't just push the right couch back into it because then it'd be like 25 fuckin feet away from the other couch which would also be moronic. I don't really understand what the architect envisioned for how this room was supposed to be laid out and utilized.