Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I remember when I first saw TMP as a little kid, the opening scene where the Klingons attack V'ger terrified me. The idea of space being so vast and empty and these 3 ships attacking this massive unknown entity with no possibility of help or rescue really scared me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

lmao the first thing I thought of was:

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Timby posted:

but did we really need a third straight movie about Kirk's daddy issues? I mean, really?
Wasn't the movie after Beyond supposed to be about that and (possibly) resolve them? The talks with Hemsworth and Pine broke down because the studio wouldn't agree to their prices.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Oh yeah I forgot that Shatner was going to be in it. He made a huge deal about not being in any of the JJ Treks.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I liked the 09 movie and Darkness was OK. I was unreasonably annoyed with Beyond because of the use of Sabotage.

As previously mentioned, I liked them because they’re fast paced with decent action so you can just sit back and relax and watch the movie. If you think about them then yeah, they start to fall apart.