Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Sunswipe posted:

It's Beast Wars, of course it's stupid.

pointing that out got me a red text at some point in time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Charles posted:

Oh yay a dark gritty reboot of a children's cartoon. Very fresh and welcome

the transformers prime reboot was kind of dark and gritty too.

the idw comics have always flirted with some degree of darkness/grittiness too, to varying degrees of embarrassing.

you're not wrong, it's just the franchise has been doing that a lot for more than a decade.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Charles posted:

Nerd!!! Actually I want to watch Beast Wars some time because I heard it's good. I watched all the G1 cartoons almost 20 years ago and they were so bad.

there's a real rare exception here and there

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Webworld

actual good comic book writers occasionally did the script for a bunch of '80's cartoons. the real ghostbusters episodes written by keith giffen and j.m. dematteis are pretty good.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

poor until you die

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

lard saber