Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JOHN CENA
Oct 20, 2006

who likes these movies? what was your introduction to them? what's your favorite entry?

a lot of them have aged poorly but these movies that just brazenly ripped off of halloween (by the creators own admission) still seem to have their own weird charm.

myself, i like probably a lot of other kids born in the 80s caught a marathon of the first few movies on tbs during one of joe bob briggs marathons sometime in the early 90s. the one that always stuck out to me was Part 2, not just because of the introduction of jason, but the idea of this wacked out hillbilly running around the woods of new jersey (connecticut) wreakin havoc. that marathon stuck with me and made me a fan of not just the f13 movies but horror as a whole. the last few years saw a resurgance of friday the 13th popularity, with the new video game, remastered and reissues of the first film, and a 13th movie thats been more or less stuck in development hell since 2009. we've also seen its popularity start to rise again, with strong fan films like Never Hike Alone or james a. janeisse's retrospective/kill counts on youtube.

sadly though, the video game and essentially rights to the franchise as a whole have been frozen because of a dumb lawsuit between victor miller and sean cunningham so we're probably waiting for one of the two sides to settle or die of old age before anything happens again.

there is a big bluray set coming out this year though

https://www.shoutfactory.com/produc...product_id=7444

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU