Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

Krakkles posted:

Ouch. Please tell me you have full resolution of that, I would love to show my spouse that.

I'll see. Have some random other SoCal AI photos in the meantime

I remember this being a favorite of some posters so here it is again

ill-fated ACH run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003
I want to eat my chicken.

fishmech_1.1_RC posted:

Was that when I rear-ended TheSwift.cc's Mazda3 with my 2002 and then cried about it in a Denny's booth around a bunch of strange internet men?

Oh yes, that was the one.

Do you happen to have any awkward photos of my caddy at that meetup?

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

LobsterboyX posted:

Do you happen to have any awkward photos of my caddy at that meetup?

I don't think I've ever actually seen any of your cars in person :( I think that day I skipped out early and drove back to Pomona with my tail between my legs.

LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003

fishmech_1.1_RC posted:

I don't think I've ever actually seen any of your cars in person :( I think that day I skipped out early and drove back to Pomona with my tail between my legs.

I was there when you hit him and i remember trying to fit in the lotus unsuccessfully - I think I even spoke to you about my future father-in-laws 2002

I probably looked like this:

and yeah, thats the indiana jones buick

and FIL's still got his 2002...

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

LobsterboyX posted:

I was there when you hit him and i remember trying to fit in the lotus unsuccessfully - I think I even spoke to you about my future father-in-laws 2002

I probably looked like this:
Didn’t you have a Roadmaster?

I’m pretty sure I remember you driving a roadmaster (or something like it) to that meet. I do remember fishy leaving early, but also not before we met up with you. I think he skipped lunch ... god, where did we go? Like a diner or something.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

If I'm right I have that exact plate frame on my Jeep now, after it took a transatlantic round trip.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

IOwnCalculus posted:

If I'm right I have that exact plate frame on my Jeep now, after it took a transatlantic round trip.
That SA plate frame is in my study somewhere, he sent it to me for AISS.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
I don't have any old photos and it makes me sad. But reading this does bring some memories.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

InitialDave posted:

That SA plate frame is in my study somewhere, he sent it to me for AISS.

Did you have more than one, because you sent one to me for AISS :v:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Huh, that may explain why I can't find it! Disregard last!

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

What does that frame even say? I have a feeling I should know but it’s blurry and i don’t remember.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
It's an SA "THE INTERNET MAKES YOU STUPID" one.

Apparently the internet also makes me awful at remembering poo poo.

LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003

Krakkles posted:

Didn’t you have a Roadmaster?

I’m pretty sure I remember you driving a roadmaster (or something like it) to that meet. I do remember fishy leaving early, but also not before we met up with you. I think he skipped lunch ... god, where did we go? Like a diner or something.

hmmm maybe it would have been my 95 "light driftwood metalic" woodie... I think we went to neptunes net.. just like dom and the gang....

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

LobsterboyX posted:

hmmm maybe it would have been my 95 "light driftwood metalic" woodie... I think we went to neptunes net.. just like dom and the gang....
The car sounds right, but I’m pretty sure it wasn’t Neptune’s Net. I recall a diner in something like the west LA area - I think a dark blue building, maybe?

I remember it was weird that they had, like, blinds in the windows. Like horizontal slat cheap office blinds.

But, uh, when this is all over, we should do a AI Neptune’s Net run.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Does anyone still have the pictures of rear end in a top hat Bicycle or his brothers lace work Burt Reynolds truck? I think it was a Nissan.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

McTinkerson posted:

Does anyone still have the pictures of rear end in a top hat Bicycle or his brothers lace work Burt Reynolds truck? I think it was a Nissan.

How did I forget about those two? That truck and all of their creations are legend.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
rear end in a top hat Bicycle had the gold Rambler wagon, no?

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:
Hello fellow oldtimers.
I bought an account because of AI, and I mostly lurked in my time here. This community helped spark my interest in cars and encouraged me to do my own work on them, which is something that changed my life for the better. I don't know if anyone recalls much of my posting, which I wouldn't expect really. I was fairly active on IRC from like 05-08 or so. I still have my 02 wrx wagon I posted about, as well as an EG hatch, and an 03 blazer. I also posted about a 96 240sx but it was totaled by a lovely driver that wasn't me. Had a beater rear end motorcycle (1981 CM400e) for a few years but never rode it enough. Sold it to pay for the EG hatch.

Major life stuff that AI influenced that was good for me:
-Worked for a year as a service writer for an independent shop. I have a fuckload of stories about that place, I should make a thread about it some time. Pissed off BMW owners, pimp's widows, Jaguar Units, and Scientology, that place had it all! This job helped me become lifelong friends with someone who was more of an acquaintance, added a lot to my shop skills, and thankfully got me out of dead end restaurant jobs and back on to a more solid career path.
-Helped me become a more social person. I remember VERTiG0, Paul_Boz (RIP), radeon, n8r, and Koshersalami on IRC and Xbox live playing RSC2 which helped me deal with some very bad social anxiety I had at the time. Thanks guys! I'm still friends with some of you on Facebook.
-Fostered my interest in cars/mechanical work. I cannot understate how important this ended up being. While a lot of people in my peer group went off the loving deep end and are now either dead, in jail, or a shadow of their former selves, I know not developing that interest in cars would have had me right there with them.

I am now a software developer/database thing doer and I know seeing people on here in that same career path helped me make that decision for which I am grateful. I just bought a house, and now have a tiny garage of my own. I still do random AI things when I can, and plan on doing more of them once the house stuff is in a better place.

So no matter what happens to these forms or how dead they are, I am thankful I was here and that it made my life better. :)

Ardemia fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Sep 16, 2020

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Whose WRX was it that I drove in LA when stayed with DJCommie and crew in I think Jan 06? That was a drat fun night and DJ really is a drat good person.

Never really found out why Redscare had a cricket bat.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Whose WRX was it that I drove in LA when stayed with DJCommie and crew in I think Jan 06? That was a drat fun night and DJ really is a drat good person.

Never really found out why Redscare had a cricket bat.
I remember somebody having a WRX but not who it was.

LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003
I remember the WRX too - I thought it was cool but I was too "oLd CaRs ArE aLl I cArE AbOuT" to show it.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
hahaha, what the gently caress

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

BlackMK4 posted:

hahaha, what the gently caress

An the good ol' days of syf0n fanfic.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
HAHAHAHA oh good grief

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
:lol: that's loving great. I mean, it's loving horrible, but great. Does anyone have the sockington jorts saga saved, or LeTronFu's underwear-wheelie escapades?

Kurten
May 28, 2001

100% less banned. 50% more sober. 0% less bitter. NOW WITH LOWER BLOOD PRESSURE!

MrKatharsis posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

hahaha I remember this!

Dweezil was highly entertaining. gently caress the haters.

quote:

LeTronFu

The gif of that was everywhere for awhile. Another hilarious guy lost too soon. :frog:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Kurten posted:

The gif of that was everywhere for awhile. Another hilarious guy lost too soon. :frog:

When I first started posting here that dude trolled me hard and I didn't understand why he was being such a dick to me until I realized he was just being a (hilarious) dick to everyone :v:

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone
What happened to pajama zx guy?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Or, more recently, what happened to Tremek? Did he ride the S-Class to Valhalla?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

meatpimp posted:

Or, more recently, what happened to Tremek? Did he ride the S-Class to Valhalla?

I think maybe he got sick of getting called out for being a jerk, he would tend to come off pretty snooty sometimes.

I forget which thread it was but someone really went off on him and he didn't post much after that then completely disappeared.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

meatpimp posted:

He stopped posting after he got called out for trying to pile his family into a camper for a cross country road trip at the height of the shutdown.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

ExplodingSims posted:

He stopped posting after he got called out for trying to pile his family into a camper for a cross country road trip at the height of the shutdown.

Oh yeah that was it. I liked Tremek but he could get pretty condescending towards other posters at times.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah well because of AI enabling a terrible person Tremeks wife was assaulted in their home. He gets all the slack in the world after that.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Yeah well because of AI enabling a terrible person Tremeks wife was assaulted in their home. He gets all the slack in the world after that.

Nah, it sucks that happened but it doesn't give him the right to be a dick to people.

And AI had nothing to do with Dave deciding to sexually assault anyone, that was all Dave being a piece of poo poo human being.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
To change this to a good topic, at GoonCon 2003 in Toronto there was a mini AI meet at an indoor cart track. Babyeatingpsychopath managed to red flag the course, and DerBlitzKreiger did burnouts in the parking lot with his SS Impala.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

To further continue good topics -- user Toucan Sam never posted about his hobbies, but he prepped cars for demolition derby. Absolutely painfully loud V8s with straight pipes up through the hood. It was too loud for me, even plugging my ears. I wish he posted some of his work.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

meatpimp posted:

To further continue good topics -- user Toucan Sam never posted about his hobbies, but he prepped cars for demolition derby. Absolutely painfully loud V8s with straight pipes up through the hood. It was too loud for me, even plugging my ears. I wish he posted some of his work.

poo poo I haven't seen that name in forever.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

big dong wanter posted:

What happened to pajama zx guy?

He got chased off and went to reddit. Might've gotten chased away from there too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Who was that? Please refresh me.

There's a new DeLorean owner in our cars and coffee group and I will forever think of Zordon when I see one.