Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

You Am I posted:

ah yes, the "syf0n angle" :v:

I remember he cracked the shits at his brother in a thread because his brother wouldn't keep his Wrangler clean, and boy some family drama came out of that.

HAHAHA oh did it ever. Wasnt it something about sfy0n claimed he owned some Porsche and his brother came and said nope?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

sharkytm posted:

I think the Ferrari was their father's.

Oh yeah now I remember. He posted he was the owner of a 911 for a while until his brother revealed it was their mother's car.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

InitialDave posted:

Goatse Guy. I think she was still posting on the FB group for a while, but not sure she does any more?

Something toxic happened in the background. I dont know exactly what happened but I read something about relationship drama and immediatly noped out and filed under None of my loving business

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Charles posted:

I didn't really see his posts before the crash, but yeah his brain definitely wasn't working right after :( I hope he's doing better. At least one of his accounts got banned, don't know if he came back.

I actually thought Viggen was still around, just with a different username?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Captain McAllister posted:

Whatever happened to the Aussie(?) guy with the Lada Niva?

He's still around. Just isnt very frequent

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

InitialDave posted:

Other people.... was it DiZ who was an Aussie guy, built a fast sleeper Corolla, and someone rear ended it shortly after it was finished?

Dizzz and he's still a regular.

LAF moved into a regional area, lost a shitload of weight and I think either got engaged or just married a few days ago? Either way, he's doing good.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

STR posted:

IIRC he went through a nasty divorce and either had to sell it, or his ex wife got it.

I think he actually got it driving and didnt lose or sell it with the divorce

quote:

Probably right, but I also remember him losing some weight and having a fairly smoking GF not long after that, so...

That he did.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Rhyno posted:

What happened to that guy who tasted his piss?

Ugh I hate the fact I'm gonna say we need more detail of which pissdrinker because there's been more than one.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

I remember the image, I don't remember the shitstorm.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Charles posted:

I remember his avatar was GM defender?
Then apparently he got a VW tattoo which was really unpopular?
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2501743&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Oh right that one. Dude really should have learnt to stop digging down esp over a dumb tattoo.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Whose WRX was it that I drove in LA when stayed with DJCommie and crew in I think Jan 06? That was a drat fun night and DJ really is a drat good person.

Never really found out why Redscare had a cricket bat.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

HAHAHAHA oh good grief

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Raluek posted:

Oh jesus, I didn't mean it like that and am mortified that my post could be read in some snide way.

I just meant the other poster said "he" when they should have said "she"!

I'll shut up now. :cripes:

All good :)

Whatever happened to sza? And what was that car he had?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Charles posted:

Might have thought you were iibbmm, who would not shut up about his "Interceptors"

Iibbmm evaded his permaban for years

Username EyeBeem

Now say that out loud as sylibles.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Ardemia posted:

So I take it from the sourced quotes below your post, you've moved on from German cars to yellow Mustangs, right?

OMG drat son

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Kia Soul Enthusias posted:

Syf0n was already a meme when I joined I think but I never really got the big deal about the photography. Whatever. Fighting with your brother on the forums -- ehhh

His photos were mostly crap at the time that someone with a Canon 20D and a decent lens could easily replicate, coupled with his "holier than thou attitude because I get to hang out with a bunch of Ferrari owners" and also yeah him and his brother having forums fights, all round idiot mostly.

quote:

'syf0n shot'

That was fun trolling

Pr0kjayhawk posted:

Hahaha I thought that was him. Did anyone find out where he ended up?

He got a fair bit better picking a shot to set up, spent a lot of money and set up / did studio professional work for OEMs, with a lot of post processing that wasnt to my taste but eh, it wasnt garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

lilbeefer posted:

He offered to sell me that car and I kick myself I never did

Oh I remember that Corolla, that thing was ridiculous. That was about the time Hunter Devourer lived just around the corner from where I was and DiZ wasnt that far away either.

HD and I had a whoooole lotta fun when he came onboard as my co-driver and we ripped up a bunch of forests. Probably one of the best people I've met and an absolute riot talking smack while we were hurtling down a gravel road at 160+kph.