Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Safety Dance posted:

all hail verman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Epitope posted:

Thank you for your service, happy trails

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

AmbassadorofSodomy posted:

Well at least it wasn't from a Gender reveal party.

:rimshot:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Outrail posted:

Do we have an outdoor cooking thread? I just want to say that Idaho Potatoes three cheese mashed potatoes are so loving good.

Throw on some wild chives and that's most of dinner taken care of.

If you post the thread, I'll read it! And also post if I have anything to contribute. I want to do more camping but I'm a little wary of outdoor cooking because there's more evidence that wildife season in California will be year-round.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Safety Dance posted:

Whaddup I'm back from the middle of nowhere and I'm touching computers again. Did I miss anything?

the rei labor day sale

I just wish I had someone to camp with so that I'd have an excuse to get an REI Kingdom

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

:hai:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Elmnt80 posted:

A white elephantesque "Thanks grandma, I'll totally use that" style gift giving would be hilarious.

I'm going to send my santee apocalypse food

https://youtu.be/Q2A5csyMfw0

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

Here’s a dumb idea that I’m going to blurt out anyway: Do the thing with the traveling megathreads to encourage people to click through this subforum to get to the threads they like.

Like the trump thread migrates here and gets camping-themed moderation for a week I don’t know

I don’t know anything about the previous traveling megathreads or why they were traveling or any associated drama so please don’t kill me, I just want an answer to my cobbler question in the cooking thread

Can you provide a link to it?

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I remember getting a wilderness first aid cert a long time ago and I wish I remembered how to apply an ankle brace with just a roll of athletic tape.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Safety Dance posted:

I'm still not clear on what WFA stands for.

wilderness first aid

EDIT: The class I took was by NOLS at a local REI

https://www.nols.edu/en/coursefinder/courses/wilderness-first-aid-WFA/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Outside is where it happens man. Outside is where it’s at.

https://twitter.com/ClevelandNF/status/1681722408749924352?s=20

Outside's closed. Ranger out front should've told ya.