Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

My steam name is RodShaftMD, and the ONLY time I started in the front row was when there were only 5 of us. So no back row at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rox
Sep 7, 2016

i play on ps4, not steam, but my psn starts with an 'r' and i start in the front row almost every single time

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I'm generally in the front so there's probably something to it.

Speaking of poo poo I wish I had recorded: a 5v5 Fall Ball that had 4 balls in play the entire time. That was some raw chaos.

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

I play on PSN, and before the patch I was 100% in front, after the patch, 100% in back.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Tyler, the Creator on steam, always in the front row on fall mountain

Probably has to do with your fall guy ID more than it has to do with your username

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
I had a gross 19 man Jump Showdown. It was gross because I came in 18th.

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

This may be the fastest I've gone from loving to hating a game ever.

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!

cerebral posted:

This may be the fastest I've gone from loving to hating a game ever.

I don’t hate the game I’ve just played it so much I’ve become indifferent to it.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Kenzo posted:

I don’t hate the game I’ve just played it so much I’ve become indifferent to it.

I just don't think the season felt like much of an update. Like I was disappointed. The mid-season update did more to increase replayability then the new season did.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Some of you may have unrealistic expectations of a $20 game that's been out 3 months.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
On PS4 at least you have to pay subscription for online play as well though. My subscription actually ran out just before the first season ended and I was going to sign up again if the new season seemed like it improved things, but it is going to take a bit more to get me back into it.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Wall Guys is fine if you do your own thing on the other side from the mob. I managed to move three blocks at the end while everyone was fighting for space on the obvious block and came in second.

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

I'm not disappointed with the content they released, I'm disappointed with the bugs they introduced to things that weren't broken.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Would pay actual money to get Fall Mountain to never show up again. gently caress this round, ruins all my momentum and fun every single time it shows up, which is like 80% of the time I get to the finals.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
What bugs did they introduce with this season? The only one I can think of is the speed change to Jump Showdown.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

LethalGeek posted:

Some of you may have unrealistic expectations of a $20 game that's been out 3 months.

My desires aside, I hope they don’t lose the popularity they have with the growing pains. It’s kinda cool how many nongamers I know who enjoy playing it. It’s also the one BR game I can play casually because it isn’t twitch/aim based.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I had much higher hopes for season 2 than 4 new maps, all of which are ... underwhelming to bad

the new egg map is so absolutely dogshit

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

Broken Cog posted:

What bugs did they introduce with this season? The only one I can think of is the speed change to Jump Showdown.

They introduced a ton of freezing into Hex, at least on the PS4. So, from my perspective, they've introduced large bugs into the two best finales.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

LethalGeek posted:

That's one perspective. The other one is that they happened to hit the jackpot with the popularity and media coverage of their game but are in danger of squandering it. I guess if depends on whether they are happy with the level of success the game has already had and are happy just to ride that wave out naturally or if they want to be more ambitious and capitalise on the viral nature of the game.

Filling up the shop with the lowest effort content I've ever seen (text for your title card) is not the way to go. They managed to turn something that could have been kinda fun (earning titles by doing something cool in game) into sabotaging their own dlc income by trashing the shop.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

If you were to be generous to them you might say:

1. The massive success has given them the resources to expand the team to produce more content, but hiring and on boarding developers takes time and brand new devs are typically a net drain on manpower for a short period, so they'd likely only be starting to benefit from that now.

2. The unexpected success has meant a huge amount of their resource since release has been taken up by anticheat/networking work, whereas a more modest release would have allowed them to spend more time on quality of life/minor bugfixig/ new levels.

That being said s2 was definitely underwhelming and if the mid season updates dont come fast and add some cool stuff they're in real danger of bleeding a lot of players before season 3.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
This new Sonic outfit is the stuff of nightmares

Edit: Gotta fall fast

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008

Marmaduke! posted:

On PS4 at least you have to pay subscription for online play as well though. My subscription actually ran out just before the first season ended and I was going to sign up again if the new season seemed like it improved things, but it is going to take a bit more to get me back into it.

By the way, every month I'm paying £8.99 for "PlayStation™Now" and £6.99 for 'PlayStation®Plus', but I think i got Fall Guys for free having those. Do i still need both to play FG? I find Playstation so confusing I'm sure theres at least three separate subscriptions.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
You need PlayStation Plus to play almost every PlayStation online multiplayer game.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Annabel Pee posted:

By the way, every month I'm paying £8.99 for "PlayStation™Now" and £6.99 for 'PlayStation®Plus', but I think i got Fall Guys for free having those. Do i still need both to play FG? I find Playstation so confusing I'm sure theres at least three separate subscriptions.

Playstation Now is their 'netflix', lets you stream or download games without owning them from their library, PS Plus is (1) internet access for multiplayer games and (2) Gives you a few games permanently* every month.

*as long as you stay subscribed

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
So I can unsubscribe from Now and just pay 15.99 for FG? Its the only thing I play.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/FallGuysGame/status/1316309987770224640

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Annabel Pee posted:

So I can unsubscribe from Now and just pay 15.99 for FG? Its the only thing I play.

Yes.

But if you already have the game, chances are you got it free through PS+.

Which means it’s yours forever and you can play it just using the PS+ account.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Also, just get a 12 month Playstation Plus account giftcard. It’s $59.99, and usually on Black Friday/Cyber Monday you can find it for $39.99 at various videogame outlets.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
There are so many fat Sonics running around, this has to be the most popular featured skin so far.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Gonz posted:

Which means it’s yours forever

Forever until you end your ps+ account

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Snowy posted:

Forever until you end your ps+ account

Yes, that.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Sockser posted:

the new egg map is so absolutely dogshit

I have no idea how that map even made it past initial concept, all it takes is the initial fly over to realise how bad it is. Then you play it and :negative:

Possibly it could be salvaged by turning it into a 3-way fall ball with each team trying to launch the most boulders into their castle.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

help

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

The only way to escape is down.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Annabel Pee posted:

If you only play Fall Guys, dump Now, but keep Plus. You can get a year of Plus for £43 from cdkeys at the moment, I'll probably do that and keep on fallin' once I've played through the Last of Us 2.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/FallGuysGame/status/1316352365734305794

I like the idea behind the Gauntlet mode, I use it from time to time when I hit a string of bad luck, but I worry they're going to make the same mistake so many other games have made & end up splitting the playerbase.

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

I keep checking to make sure that I'm not in Gauntlet mode, and sure enough, I am not, and yet it is Fall Mountain after Fall Mountain.

Has anyone ever even heard anyone say, "Man, I've had Hex a Gone or Jump Showdown 8 times in a row?" No you have not, because the weighting of Fall Mountain is messed up.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Is PS4 messing up a lot of party/lobby connections for anyone else since update to 8.00?

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
They could fix one of the main problems with fall mountain by having all the players arranged in a semi circle, equal distance from a door that leads to the rest of the course.

Starting position doesn't make that big of a difference in whether you qualify from other races, but in a final, starting should be as equal as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

cerebral posted:

I keep checking to make sure that I'm not in Gauntlet mode, and sure enough, I am not, and yet it is Fall Mountain after Fall Mountain.

Has anyone ever even heard anyone say, "Man, I've had Hex a Gone or Jump Showdown 8 times in a row?" No you have not, because the weighting of Fall Mountain is messed up.

I've had like 5 Jump showdown today and nothing else.