Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Lmao just got my first win. Fall Mountain, all six other guys got to the crown before me, jumped and missed it one by one. Smooth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Slime Climb is a strange minigame because it's insanely easy, the only part of it that's hard is those thin yellow beams. First time playing SC I aced it but ever sense I get filtered because my bean lands, waves his arms 'oopsie daisy' then falls off 20 times because the jumping physics are jank as hell.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
The second set of sliding blocks on slime climb was a big problem for me for a while, it seems like due to the avatars' speed you can only feasibly get through on half the cycles and that's not even taking into account others getting in the way.

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
Has anyone tried playing the game drunk? Might try tonight. At least I'll have something to blame.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Manoueverable posted:

The second set of sliding blocks on slime climb was a big problem for me for a while, it seems like due to the avatars' speed you can only feasibly get through on half the cycles and that's not even taking into account others getting in the way.

It’s very strange that the second set of beams don’t have consistent timing, which means the middle pack of players can’t feasibly get through and are better off waiting for better timing, all while the slime raises closer and closer.

bobby2times
Jan 9, 2010

Varinn posted:

sounds like you gotta learn better ball physics buddy

Na, I'm doing fine with double digit wins and my time with Rocket League, I'm comfortable with the physics. I dont know if theres some sort of SBMM but the majority of the time I'm always on the shorthanded teams.

Raccoonboy
May 31, 2011

Colonel Whitey posted:

Yes oh my god I hate the yellow logs on slime climb

you can just walk straight onto the first ones, makes it a lot easier

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Perfect match needs to have like smaller, but twice as many platforms. Way too easy for everyone to survive that round.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Raccoonboy posted:

you can just walk straight onto the first ones, makes it a lot easier

Man I tried and it seemed like there was a lip or small step up that was stopping me

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Cobalt-60 posted:

Has anyone tried playing the game drunk? Might try tonight. At least I'll have something to blame.

Yeah I didn't actually do considerably worse and it's fun as all gently caress.

Also, trolling people on RockNRoll is the best thing. Just wedge that fuckin ball right in the corner!

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

dog nougat posted:

Edit: they need to fix the net code or something. I feel like people are grabbing my tails off of me from obscene distances.

I understand that the tail distance thing probably happens for some reasonable computer programming reason but when I'm playing it feels "cheap" and arbitrary. Sometimes I'm confused about what happened, whether I made a bad move, or if I was lagging a bit, or what.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I dont even pay attention during Perfect Match, I just eat a snack or something and then go to whatever platform everyone else is on

also, stage idea: musical chairs

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I like how this game tries to troll people who think they can be the Best. There's too much randomness involved, and that's okay. That's why this isn't an e-sports game and there's no leaderboards. It's just fun and inconsequential. There's no significant stake at play so if you lose it doesn't really matter and if you win it's fun, and either way it's ridiculous.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I dont even pay attention during Perfect Match, I just eat a snack or something and then go to whatever platform everyone else is on

Yeah I'm always amazed when people manage to get eliminated on that one. There's plenty of space on the platforms.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Everyone once in a while Perfect Match leads to some really funny poo poo though.

https://i.imgur.com/RfC9hNm.mp4

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Kifisonfire posted:

Everyone once in a while Perfect Match leads to some really funny poo poo though.

https://i.imgur.com/RfC9hNm.mp4

Pro clip

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

they always put me on yellow team :(

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Lutha Mahtin posted:

they always put me on yellow team :(

I think the team determination might be based on username like the 1st third blue, 2nd red, 3rd blue or something else that's fixed rather than rng After noting I was always on yellow I started logging it. I've made it to level 10 and so far have only had 2 team games where I was blue, everything else was yellow. My psn name begins with a v.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Yellow and blue are always going to be more common because they're present in every team game, unlike red and green.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Varinn posted:

Yellow and blue are always going to be more common because they're present in every team game, unlike red and green.

Yeah, that's also gonna make it more common. I don't think there's really some 'my team always loses' thing going on other than confirmation bias. Heck I actually feel biased the other way, where I think I win far more team games than I lose, but that's also because only last place is eliminated.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
It's just a meme, don't think too much about it

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Team games which start with uneven teams can still suck a dick though.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I just brought it up since by coincidence I am always on team yellow and I was curious if anyone else noticed they're always on a given team or not. There's also nothing inherently wrong with the matchmaker breaking people into teams based on alphabetical order, since you're playing with different people every game, or I could've just been flipping the coin that's come up heads 40 times in a row.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Kifisonfire posted:

Team games which start with uneven teams can still suck a dick though.

Yeah, like team tail grab isn't as bad if you're down a person or two, but the other ones really hurt.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Broken Cog posted:

It's just a meme, don't think too much about it

Yeah, I was just joking about it, but I genuinely do get put on yellow team almost every time. It happened enough times when I first played that I thought it was like the shooter games that always make the friendly team blue and the enemy team red.

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem
I’m yellow often enough that I started wondering if the game always displays your own team as yellow. I’m very rarely blue and I don’t think I’ve ever been on red or green.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I have only ever been blue. Source: one night of playing maybe 20 rounds of fall guys

rox
Sep 7, 2016

just had a round 1 slime climb eliminate 58 other people and had a 1v1 tail tag showdown

almost lost it from laughing too hard

game good

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth

I swear, the soccer field is sloped against Yellow. Got stomped 8-1 and 7-2 so far; had blue players making air shots from mid-fie4ld, while I had to walk in a goal for yellow. Either that or the physics is jankier than it looks.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I'd blame the netcode and weird physics combined with you getting matched against folks who have figured out how it works. I do think soccer is one of the weaker games, with memory match probably my least favorite just because it's boring and takes so long.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

i hated soccer at first but its probably one of my favorites now

a common mistake people make is constantly being right below a ball. obviously sometimes you just gotta push it, but if you're always there you're inevitably going to get rolled over, and having to recover from being on the opposite side of a moving ball is a massive waste of time. you should always be between the ball and your goal, ready to intercept and take advantage of momentum. plus this means you're probably in a better position to help with new balls

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

haha what posted:

just had a round 1 slime climb eliminate 58 other people and had a 1v1 tail tag showdown

almost lost it from laughing too hard

game good

It's amazing how bad people are at slime climb. I also managed to lose a tail tag final thanks to my own hubris earlier. Tail got snatched from me as I chicken emoted to taunt everyone right as the round was ending. Felt like a real loving idiot for that one.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I am running into more and more people who wait at the end of slime climb just to throw people off at the last part.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Jinxed is the worst game and if you disagree I'll loving fight you.

There's no good strategy, it's just depending on luck.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

The races are all fun as gently caress and we need more of them instead of tail games and ball poo poo.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Played 5 matches, made it to round 4 in each, and was eliminated in a team game each time (3x hoarders, 2x fall ball). Fun times still.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

The great thing about this game is that it's not excessively frustrating when you lose.

srulz
Jun 23, 2013

RIP Duelyst
Not sure this is true or not, but the thing about the Yellow team is that I've read somewhere that they sort out groups of people into Blue/Red first, since groups are always in the same team, before putting the rest into Yellow.

So that's why if you're mainly playing solo you are going to get placed into Yellow, and why Yellow seems the worst team always since they can't really coordinate like a good group of players.

Again, not sure this is true or not, and I have been placed in other colors sometimes, but 90% of the time I'm Yellow. Someone probably should tweet at the dev to confirm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

since the ride-the-side advice was so helpful on whirlygig, suppose I should pass it forward:
on rock&roll if you're stuck pushing against the other team and it's more or less a draw, mashing the jump button will usually slowly work the ball upwards & over the logjam. (bonus: half the other team usually turns around in a panic and inadvertantly gives your ball a shove towards the goal)