Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
Thanks for running it, I enjoyed following my fantasy player's career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Good work Hockles. Jørgen is easily a Hall of Famer and will fight anyone (literally anyone) who says otherwise.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
For once McStabson didn't suck. Retiring with 899 goals, oh well.

Awesome stuff Hockles can't wait to do it again and win all the trophies(in the Ahl)

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Aye Doc posted:

a career of shameful mismanagement. shoulda been a superstar

extremely same

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Guys, if everyone is a superstar, nobody is a superstar.

Thanks for sticking around :)

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
i would have taken just "nhl regular before 30"

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

lol at Tom Nook being the only goon goalie not to average a 0.907 Sv% throughout his career, and basically being the worst goalie of the 4. But he got a goal and 2 Cups so suck on that, Tom Nook can retire happy while continuing to thrive in the real estate market :smug:

Thanks for doing this once again, Hockles!

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Hort set his sights high and made a big impact on the world around him. It was a tall order to even crack the league as an undersized player from a country with only a tiny bit of NHL experience. Stjin had giant ambitions and completely lived up to the high hopes he set for his own career. Appearing in 1369 NHL games and amassing over 500 goals and 1000 points, he's easily the Dutch GOAT.

A 6th overall selection by a basement-dwelling Columbus, Hort made a large impact on his team, taking only 3 seasons to lead his team to playoff success. Hort led the Jackets on a massive run, only to be handed a crushing game 7 defeat in the conference finals. Though he saw little success getting to the playoffs, Stjin always stepped up in a big way to defend his teammates, amassing an incredible 411 career fights and 2300 hits. With a lone All-Star nod during his peak, his recognition beyond his homeland and adopted home of Ohio will be minuscule, but his contributions to the game will live on in a big way, nonetheless. Stijn revived the power forward mold and did it in a wee package. He scored big goals and left a bloody trail of carnage behind him.

Stijn failed to score 30 goals only three times in his 17-year NHL career and nearly hit 40 in his shortened final season (as well as missing the 50 goal mark by only a puny margin on a few occasions). His supporting cast never cemented and Stijn's teams failed to make much of an impact. Regardless of how often his teams came up short, Stjin never gave less than 100% and was the epitome of consistency. Staring down a rebuilding Columbus and no desire to play anywhere else, he's decided to hang them up after 17 huge seasons, going out on his terms. A one of a kind player, this league may never see a player like The Diminutive Dutchman again. There are some really big shoes to fill in 'Lumbus.

Today, Hort is happy raising his ever-growing family in his new home in the Midwest. After a year of early retirement Stjin started up a Jenever distillery and continues to fight for the local adoption of fine Dutch cultural exports such as pickled herring and bittebollen as street food and oliebol and salty black licorice as a treat. Most people still politely declines his weird dutch food, but everyone loves Stjins' Gin!

RIP S.Hort, you were one of the minor greats, even if you never won anything. :geert:

On a more serious note, thanks again for doing this, Hockles (and everyone else!). Was a great distraction and there's something so pure about a bunch of stat nerds getting emotionally invested in made-up names and numbers. This whole dumb, pointless concept and thread makes me smile.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
ol' max may have come just short of 1000 games and never been considered for any sort of award or anything, but hes far and away the best french nhl player ever (take that, antoine roussel!) and had a pretty good go of things in san jose at least. the kind of third line grinder career that gets looked back fondly on by the fans :unsmith:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Cocaine Bear posted:

:words:

RIP S.Hort, you were one of the minor greats, even if you never won anything. :geert:

I like this kind of thing. It's not to the level of roleplaying on real twitter (which I don't want people to do again), but I enjoy the effort you put in to make it more than just spreadsheets.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
I really have no point of reference but I assume 1200 NHL games with around 600 points is a pretty good career, right? And with a bunch of playoff runs (yet no cups :smith: )

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao this ruled, thanks hockles :cheers:

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

DJExile posted:

lmao this ruled, thanks hockles :cheers:

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos
Thanks Hockles for building my weird player and dealing with that bad game! I'll buy you more Crown in the future.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Thanks Hockles, that was really fun and my middle of the road career set me up for life

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Thanks Hockles! I appreciate your suffering through EA NHL games for our amusement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
Thanks! Phu didn't win any cups this time but in retirement is going to live like a king.