Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
I won the Stanley Cup in the 2014 thread with Canucks with this dude the only time I submitted. Zack Kassian was our captain and I thought it hilarious that he'd ever be considered a first line player...

Name (First & Last): Phu Barr
Birthday: Dec 6
Draft Class 1 or 2: 1
Height: 5' 5"
Weight: 150 lbs
City: Hanoi
Position: C
Number: 0 if the game will let you (otherwise 6)
Handedness: Left

Pick one of the paths to the Pros:
Major Junior

Player Type:
Two-Way Forward

Real life counterpart (active or retired) or short description of player: Theo Fleury/Kailer Yamamoto. Everyone loves the little guy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Ergo Propter Hog posted:

Excited to be the centerpiece for San Jose's rebuild.

I'm the centerpiece, you're just the leftwingpiece. :colbert:

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Phu is continuing to have a ridiculous amount of SHGs, and a comical goal-to-assist ratio. Why he's still on the 4th line in the AHL, I don't know.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Ergo Propter Hog posted:

Free Phu and give me a real center.

Not one single NHL game yet. C'mon sharks!

#FreePhu

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
Time to get all my Russian twitter bots to start spamming #KeepPhu, and then next year I think, #PayPhu.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Hockles posted:

Phu Barr will be out until April with Post Concussion Syndrome

In a contract year?! Press F for Phu :(

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
A full page ad appears in a Silicon Valley newpaper:

code:

Dear San Jose,

(*deep breath*)

GET hosed

Sincerely,

Phu Barr

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
Hey guys? I know this might come as a shock but Edmonton/Bakersfield actually sucks more than San Jose/San Jose. My contract's up, who wants a highly motivated small dude to nestle in on your third line? Anyone?

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
RIP Phu, 14 GP, 1G-2A-3P, -14, 4 PIMs, 6 hits. The brightest stars burn out the fastest.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Hockles posted:

SEA - signed Phu Barr to a $1.6mil/2yr contract ($825k per year)

*audible gasp*

I thought my only hope was to have the NHL not allow players in the 2030 Olympics, and then bring home the gold. And by bring home the gold I mean not get regulated, according to 10 seconds of googling, Vietnam is tied with Qatar for 21st overall in the Asian Hockey Federation. Out of 23; suck it Brunei.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

aunt jenkins posted:

27 playoff games last season and 5 this year. Welp

On the other hand, Phu got five playoff games! And scored! Hell yeah not bad for his first full season.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Hockles posted:

2/9/31
SEA gets: 2031 6th Round Pick
VAN gets: Phu Barr (77 OVR)

I mean, Phu's worth more than that, but a trade to a president's trophy contender? Hell yeah!

...I have two questions. They're sending me to Utica, aren't they? Also, where's Utica?

Edit: 3rd line center!? I missed that! STANLEY CUP HERE WE COME!

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Hockles posted:

Stanley Cup Champions
Seattle Kraken

Conn Smythe Trophy (Playoff MVP)
Vancouver's 2031 6th Round Pick

Daniel Barnaby of the Kraken was quoted as saying "Thank god we traded for that 6th round pick. Knowing that our team was going all-in on the playoffs with trades like this, that we were going to make a run, and that we had this secret weapon in our arsenal, gave us the motivation we needed to win. What did we even give up for ol' sixer? I forget, must not be important."

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Hockles posted:

2036 Offseason News

Notable Retirements
Phu Barr

Comments
The legend of Phu Barr finally comes to an end.

Ha ha, now? Well what the hell has he been doing the last 5 years then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
Thanks! Phu didn't win any cups this time but in retirement is going to live like a king.