Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Name: Dick Glynnenstein
BD: October 25
Draft Class: 1
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 225
City: Washington, DC
Position: Defense
Number: 23
Handed: Right

Path to the Pros: College

Player Type: Defensive Defenseman

Real Life Counterpart: Brendan Witt - good in traffic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Hockles posted:

Central Scouting Preseason 2020 NHL Draft Projections

This is kinda amazing because my real-life "serious" hockey career ended when I injured my shoulder in a game against Liberty a million years ago. lol

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Glad big Dick Glynnenstein got more minutes on the second pairing. And a positive +/-!!!

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Hockles posted:

Comments
Dick Gynnenstein is out for 3 months with a Herniated Disc. His return is expected to be in...

This is another amazing coincidence to go with the Liberty thing. A bad back is the injury that ended by beer league career. Lol

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Hell yeah, finally.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Dick's too good for the AHL. 2.77 hits per game!

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Pleads posted:

Jørgen Jørgenson is a hell of an enigma.

8 seasons, 20 goals minimum every year, 5 30-goal seasons and 1 40.

And at the same time, at least 18 fights a season (5 seasons with more than 36 fights), almost 1900 penalty minutes in his career (which is 17% of his actual minutes played).

And he's learned to pass! His scoring has been consistent but his point totals are increasing now that he's figured out what an assist is.

In his first season with the Rags he scored 5 more goals and had 15 more points than his last season in Colorado, while also increasing his +/- by 41, all while near-equalling his PIM record and tying his fight record.

What a man.

He's the Dale Hunter for a new era.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

So Dick Glynnenstein, who must be like 34 by now, is having a 15 goal career year as a defensive defenseman on the second pairing of the metro 1st Flyers having bounced down to the AHL for three or four other teams? That's some quality doping.

Also, 69 PIMs was probably intentional.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Hockles posted:

Dick Glynnenstein wins the Bill Masterton trophy! Normally that is a "comeback player of the year" type award, but I legitimately have no idea how someone is selected in-game. The only pattern I have noticed is that it is given to defensemen, typically 2nd/3rd pairing players who have poor stats for the season. Congrats, I guess?

There's little doubt that, between his back injury and several concussions, Dick has had a bit of a pill problem to overcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

I hope Dick gets another year in the NHL to land with a contender so he can be the old guy without a cup who isn't good at hockey anymore but everyone in the room loves him.