Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

A bunch of the time survivors get something stupid as hell and then after a length of making GBS threads things up, it'll get nerfed (Old DS, Older BT, Old OoO, the game wrecker that was original MoM etc.), so they don't get buffed so much of the time because they often get better things to start, that then get nerfed into more sane levels eventually, sometimes, gently caress keys.

Also the indoors maps are bad for most killers for different reasons, loads of corners to duck around when it comes to ranged powers, goofy rear end collision for sprint powers and things like that.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jun 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Umbreon posted:

EDIT:

Ok hold up, I refuse to believe that's true. For however much this thread complains about the game being survivor biased, there's no way that survivors are never buffed. They have to get buffed at least sometimes, right?

Survivors almost never get buffed, because they get released with perks and mechanics that are fundamentally overpowered and then slowly, often very slowly, tuned down.

And usually when survivors get buffed it's because a nerf to a problematic perk just makes it problematic in a different way. :yayclod:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Man thinking about it though, god how did it take so long to change Object of Obsession, that poo poo with discord SWFs was just some bald faced cheating level nonsense.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I had to expound on this

Umbreon posted:

Jesus, I've lost my last 8 matches in a row, and only one of them wasn't a 4k. No matter what perks or strategies I use, if a killer wants me dead, I'm dead. I even tried decisive strike, but it's literally a "while this skill is active, become completely useless to your team for 60 seconds and pray the killer doesn't just slug you". I'm almost always the first to die, or in matches where I'm not, get instakilled by some special perk or addon that allows that.

Every killer and their mom seems to have some sort of way to make using windows and pallets pointless, and that's before you include the ability to just hit survivors through them even if they are well out of range or already started the pallet drop.

I'm consistently seeing matches where most of the survivors get less than 10,000 BP, and no matter how bad killers do, they never walk away with anything less than 20K unless they really hosed up hard or they face camped the entire game. I don't understand how people in this thread say the game is inherently biased toward survivors, throughout my entire playtime so far, I've seen nothing but the opposite even when looking at videos of high-level play. This game appears to be inherently designed to have at least some of the survivors in a given match get completely shat on, and either get to have their fun and play time cut drastically short, get almost no points progress, or both.
The meta below red ranks is getting a chase, getting hooked, unhooking, and healing. Repeat this 11 times. It is a scoring problem more than anything. Survivors have no incentive to finish gens. Escaping rarely happens unless the killer screws up.
If survivors stick to gens, they would escape in most situations. A solo player has no control over escaping.

Umbreon posted:

Ok hold up, I refuse to believe that's true. For however much this thread complains about the game being survivor biased, there's no way that survivors are never buffed. They have to get buffed at least sometimes, right?
Survivor perks and items have been nerfed since the beginning of the game. They never get improved. Killers are buffed indirectly but map changes have favored killers significantly. This game is really different from a year ago, before the map reworks. Every time a survivor perk gets nerfed, a new perk (like dead hard) is complained about. The only thing left are keys. After that, what will killers complain about?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

temple posted:

A new perk (like dead hard) is complained about.

lol what, people have griped about parts of Dead Hard for ages. (Again mainly that it's used for free untouchable bonus distance, instead of the concept of it having been skirting through an attack to safety)

Also gently caress keys, they've busted down moris multiple times and keys have kept skating by being dumb bullshit.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jun 17, 2021

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Yardbomb posted:

lol what, people have griped about parts of Dead Hard for ages. (Again mainly that it's used for free untouchable bonus distance, instead of the concept of it having been skirting through an attack to safety)

Also gently caress keys, they've busted down moris multiple times and keys have kept skating by being dumb bullshit.

People complain about everything. So now DH is the worst perk ever now that the previous worst perk is nerfed. Scott Jund has queued up the next gripe in survivor spawns. Which how do you fix that? Spawn survivors directly on the killer? It always something.

I guess you could say legion and freddy were nerfed but they were absolutely oppressive prior. Ruin was nerfed but undying made it better. Undying was nerfed but the nerf made it save stacks (improving other totems). Strange how nerfs to killers aren't really nerfs at all.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

rydiafan posted:

thecoolmikeshow and one_stalky_boi

Cool Mike is a lot of fun, with skits and stuff that he plays between matches. He also mostly plays Scratched Mirror for the jump scares. Stalky Boi is more straightforward, with "normal" gameplay.

Oh, neat. I always enjoy the solo killer streams. If anybody wants to see the Trapper taken to an art form, check out TheEntityLeftHand. Lefty knows his trade, which is getting survivors stuck in a bear trap and then sticking them on a hook.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

temple posted:

I guess you could say legion and freddy were nerfed but they were absolutely oppressive prior. Ruin was nerfed but undying made it better. Undying was nerfed but the nerf made it save stacks (improving other totems). Strange how nerfs to killers aren't really nerfs at all.

Legion was real dumb at the start but the initial Freddy that got absolutely dumpstered for ages wasn't even crazy, that was purely on people bitching that new killer did a new thing and mass review bombing instead of even trying, that whole deluge happened almost immediately on his launch and the turnaround on making him the worst killer in the game for a long time was breakneck pace. Also old Ruin would still be preferable to the new one Undying included.

Also again, no, people have had problems with DH forever and a lot of the griping about the perks that have gotten nerfed, were always happening in tandem. Like particularly because stacking a lot of the previous bullshit felt like such garbage to play against. A get out of jail free card on it's own can be annoying, but someone having a get out of jail free, followed by another get out of jail free, then one more was tedious as all hell and miserable. Then you had the actual standouts though, again the best example will probably always be release Mettle of Man.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jun 17, 2021

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

Umbreon posted:

Jesus, I've lost my last 8 matches in a row, and only one of them wasn't a 4k. No matter what perks or strategies I use, if a killer wants me dead, I'm dead. I even tried decisive strike, but it's literally a "while this skill is active, become completely useless to your team for 60 seconds and pray the killer doesn't just slug you". I'm almost always the first to die, or in matches where I'm not, get instakilled by some special perk or addon that allows that.

Every killer and their mom seems to have some sort of way to make using windows and pallets pointless, and that's before you include the ability to just hit survivors through them even if they are well out of range or already started the pallet drop.

I'm consistently seeing matches where most of the survivors get less than 10,000 BP, and no matter how bad killers do, they never walk away with anything less than 20K unless they really hosed up hard or they face camped the entire game. I don't understand how people in this thread say the game is inherently biased toward survivors, throughout my entire playtime so far, I've seen nothing but the opposite even when looking at videos of high-level play. This game appears to be inherently designed to have at least some of the survivors in a given match get completely shat on, and either get to have their fun and play time cut drastically short, get almost no points progress, or both.

Well I mean how often do you play killer?

There are plenty of people super vocal about the game being crazy killer biased, but the thing is they're drat near always people who overwhelmingly play survivor only (if not exclusively)

Only by being well versed & invested in both sides can you really understand the major differences in frustrations and how easily it is for killers to be eviscerated by remotely efficient players.

For all the matches where you're getting stomped (and reasonably so being new), you're not seeing all those other matches where they're getting stopped instead. Its simply more adept players than yourself.

Much of the killer experience is really a vicious cycle. Most spend so much time getting pummeled by insane matchups and SWF that, when given half a chance, they end up taking it all out on solos and newbs because that's the only time they're flipping the tables and winning. That and/or because this game conditions you to come out swinging. You never know if the survivors are ten ranks above you (a common occurance due to the killer shortage) and/or they're equipped with the massive steroid boost of voice communication. Its usually too late to turn the tables around after a soft start if you're not playing for keeps, so you assume the worst.

When it comes to high level gameplay thoigh... if by that you're meaninglike red ranks and streamers, youre just dealing with a self-excluding definition there. Any killer who can't hit that 70% kill rate consiatently is a killer who wouldn't hit/maintain red ranks in the first place. Its effectively the game average required for pips as a red rank killer, else youre knocked back out and not one. IE, even if you were to add a bunch of survivor+ balance changes, that only impact the # of red rank killers, not their average kill rates. Its a misleading statistic and really bad metric.

Meanwhile, in the real highest level gameplay the ONLY two killer characters who are even viable in competition.... nurse and spirit. Though even streamers who seem like Gods at this game, like Otz, playing as Spirit tend to get destroy by genuine tournament squads. DBD is absolutely a survivor dominant experience, though of course there's still skill sets weighed too at every level. You're just crazy new to a game where most players measure hundreds or thousands of hours.

(Oh and as far as interpreting things via bloodpoints: killer is just inherently designed to provide more bloodpoints. Originally due to how survivor items/add-ons can be retained, but now its mostly because so few people are willing to keep playing killer long enough to get good at it & bp works for incentive.)

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Yardbomb posted:

Legion was real dumb at the start but the initial Freddy that got absolutely dumpstered for ages wasn't even crazy, that was purely on people bitching that new killer did a new thing and mass review bombing instead of even trying, that whole deluge happened almost immediately on his launch and the turnaround on making him the worst killer in the game for a long time was breakneck pace. Also old Ruin would still be preferable to the new one Undying included.

Also again, no, people have had problems with DH forever and a lot of the griping about the perks that have gotten nerfed, were always happening in tandem. Like particularly because stacking a lot of the previous bullshit felt like such garbage to play against. A get out of jail free card on it's own can be annoying, but someone having a get out of jail free, followed by another get out of jail free, then one more was tedious as all hell and miserable. Then you had the actual standouts though, again the best example will probably always be release Mettle of Man.

Key nerfs are confirmed, so what's next?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Have they even said what they're gonna do to keys yet. If it's actually significant and not some slap on the wrist, then that's the actual most egregious thing addressed right now.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jun 17, 2021

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

So are we not playing the same game or do we just have different memories? Nurse and spirit have both received major nerfs over the course of the game. Hillbilly being nerfed was also the price of getting a usable leatherface. Killer nerfs are almost all related tothe actual killer though instead of their perks because very few of the perks are as important as the default power, whereas all the survivors are basically identical so the nerfs have to go to their perks.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Terrible Opinions posted:

So are we not playing the same game or do we just have different memories? Nurse and spirit have both received major nerfs over the course of the game. Hillbilly being nerfed was also the price of getting a usable leatherface. Killer nerfs are almost all related tothe actual killer though instead of their perks because very few of the perks are as important as the default power, whereas all the survivors are basically identical so the nerfs have to go to their perks.
Hillbilly is the same, you lost the ability to hold the saw all day and his addons were insane. Nurse, how do you justify omega blink nurse? Did she lose power? Is nurse getting dunked on now? Is billy?

People defended omega blink nurse

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

So are we not playing the same game or do we just have different memories? Nurse and spirit have both received major nerfs over the course of the game. Hillbilly being nerfed was also the price of getting a usable leatherface. Killer nerfs are almost all related to the actual killer though instead of their perks because very few of the perks are as important as the default power, whereas all the survivors are basically identical so the nerfs have to go to their perks.

Wraith was also down in the dumps for a long while until more recent help given to him, Legion's still pretty far down there, Plague was basically left to being a time capsule for a long time, Michael's fun but probably more than any other killer he feels like he's still from an era of the game that hasn't been around for a while, Demo of all killers got (Mostly) nerfed this latest patch. Most nerfs to killer perks are just insult to injury for the already bad characters.

Also lol at defending Billy nerfs above.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

temple posted:

Hillbilly is the same, you lost the ability to hold the saw all day and his addons were insane. Nurse, how do you justify omega blink nurse? Did she lose power? Is nurse getting dunked on now? Is billy?

People defended omega blink nurse
You're arguing against a position I did not make. I think nurse is in a good place now, billy nerf might have been overboard but he was oppressive, but I also think that about literally every single survivor nerf you've been complaining about. OoO was a terrible perk that never should have been put in the game and now it's pretty good as better distortion. Same thing with d-strike actually being an anti-tunnel perk now, instead of being a purpose built bum rush the killer perk.

The game is getting better but it's annoying that it took this long.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

temple posted:

I had to expound on this

The meta below red ranks is getting a chase, getting hooked, unhooking, and healing. Repeat this 11 times. It is a scoring problem more than anything. Survivors have no incentive to finish gens. Escaping rarely happens unless the killer screws up.
If survivors stick to gens, they would escape in most situations. A solo player has no control over escaping.

Exactly this literally happened in my last 2 matches, both losses. Everything is a never ending cycle of "killer downs someone, people go to unhook and heal, killer downs someone else, repeat", with 1-2 gens getting done in total at best. And you feel like an absolute scumbag if you just "do gens", because all that ever leads to is someone dying on their first or second hook while the killer effortlessly chases you off of your gens anyway(and still hooks you). Even worse is when that happens to you, watching your teammates run around gens and no one goes for you after you get hooked. The game feels inherently designed to reward and encourage altruism, but heavily punishes actually doing it.

temple posted:

The only thing left are keys. After that, what will killers complain about?

For the love of god, delete keys from the game. I have never used one, I never will. Theyre as stupid as instakill perks and addons. All they do is cut the killer's fun short, make you get less points than if you were to play out the match. I wish they were gone, killer mains complain about them constantly and use them as a scapegoat for the OP things they have available, and I hate keys just as much as they do.

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

Well I mean how often do you play killer?

I played it once. I know you're going to stop reading here, but for anyone else who cares to know:

I played Trapper, had no idea what I was doing, only ever set one trap that no one stepped on anyway, and I still got a 2K and 28k BP. I even got teabagged at the exit gate, and dropped a survivor because I got confused and couldnt find hooks. After all the poo poo I went through as a survivor, playing that badly as killer and still getting 2 kills and 28k BP felt so stupid that I never touched it again. I was garbage, I had no idea what I was doing and didn't deserve either of those kills. All I did was run at people and M1 them, and I always caught them eventually no matter how many times I guessed wrong or hosed up my mindgames or whatever else. Worse, I felt really bad for the 2 survivors I killed because they kept trying to save the people I originally hooked and getting caught(admittedly it was kind of cathartic to finally be on the giving end of those bullshit "hit people from 4 feet away through windows/palettes" hits that infuriate me so much), and they died really early on while the remaining two were basically ninjas and I couldn't find them on purpose.

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

For all the matches where you're getting stomped (and reasonably so being new), you're not seeing all those other matches where they're getting stopped instead. Its simply more adept players than yourself.

I DO see those matches, it's just that theyre quite rare and only ever happen when matchmaking decides to give us a killer who 10 levels below the average. I've yet to ever see a survivor sided stomp on a killer who's decently matched to the survivors, save for the few times where the killer was trying out said killer for the first time or a similar situation. I know that's anecdotal at best, but to be fair, so is what you alluded to.

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

Meanwhile, in the real highest level gameplay the ONLY two killer characters who are even viable in competition.... nurse and spirit. Though even streamers who seem like Gods at this game, like Otz, playing as Spirit tend to get destroy by genuine tournament squads.

I don't buy this. The very same Otz is like the biggest source of those huge winstreak compilations, and he does them on all sorts of killers. Hell, Otz himself even recently made a video on why Spirit is problematic. If you're only relegating things to tournament level play, that's a terrible metric because players who play at that level are completely different from 99% of the playerbase. For everyone else, especially solo players in general, killers are ridiculously strong

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

DBD is absolutely a survivor dominant experience, though of course there's still skill sets weighed too at every level. You're just crazy new to a game where most players measure hundreds or thousands of hours.

If I'm reading your post correctly, at best you meant "DbD is a survivor dominant experience.. at tournament level play against SWF players."

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Yardbomb posted:

Have they even said what they're gonna do to keys yet. If it's actually significant and not some slap on the wrist, then that's the actual most egregious thing addressed right now.

All we know is that they seem to be tying keys and moris into a system you "earn" in a match.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Umbreon posted:

If I'm reading your post correctly, at best you meant "DbD is a survivor dominant experience.. at tournament level play against SWF players."
You're also mostly talking to people who are playing at higher ranks and almost every high rank game involves at least 2 if not more SWF players on voip.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

Just wondering - how many hours do you have in the game?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Otz has definitely gotten drubbed on stream by Professional DBD Teams (to his credit, he isn't shy about admitting when that happens and then pointing out why he got drubbed)

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Umbreon posted:

I don't buy this.

It's true, red rank games a whole lot of the time are basically a struggle to down someone before their buddies get two gens in the meantime of chase 1 a lot of games, especially if you're not a killer that can actually move.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I enjoy playing killer a lot more right now as a terrible player, but I think it's because if/when I do terrible, everybody is happy. Survivors get their escape points and healing points and all that. When I'm bad as a survivor I know there's someone in the group going "Jesus, he got hooked AGAIN????"

temple
Jul 29, 2006

You're arguing against a position I did not make. I think nurse is in a good place now, billy nerf might have been overboard but he was oppressive, but I also think that about literally every single survivor nerf you've been complaining about. OoO was a terrible perk that never should have been put in the game and now it's pretty good as better distortion. Same thing with d-strike actually being an anti-tunnel perk now, instead of being a purpose built bum rush the killer perk.

The game is getting better but it's annoying that it took this long.
So after keys, what's next? Is the game balanced? I think DS would be enough.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Thom and the Heads posted:

Just wondering - how many hours do you have in the game?

I would answer, but I get the feeling you're not asking for any other reason than to go "you havent played enough, therefore your opinions are invalid" unless my hours are within several hundred of whatever yours are.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Umbreon posted:

I would answer, but I get the feeling you're not asking for any other reason than to go "you havent played enough, therefore your opinions are invalid" unless my hours are within several hundred of whatever yours are.

I won't put exact hour numbers on it, because I think it can vary from person to person, but I know that for most people the game starts out feeling very killer-sided, then starts to feel balanced, then starts to feel very survivor-sided.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

temple posted:

So after keys, what's next? Is the game balanced?

Depends on what they do, if something stupid comes about, then it's a wait until they tone that down. If nothing else stupid happens, keys eating poo poo would set things fairly well overall, a couple of maps in particular could stand to be less huge, mainly because those very frequently end up being "Just lol if you're not Billy/Blight/Nurse" and even survivor side it sucks because it also tends to mean when you do get seen you can look forward to open spans of nothing for counterplay and mile apart gens.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jun 17, 2021

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

temple posted:

Really next I'd say some of the worse killers need buffs, a bunch of the bad perks both survivor and killer could be made useful, and a lot of the earlier maps could use some re-balancing. Nothing really needs nerfed, just bad stuff needs to be made better. I also personally think that you could make DH better for its intended role and remove the unintended one, if you removed the dash but double the invincibility duration.

Even with keys they aren't really a balance concern just getting rid of an anti-fun thing. If you could find keys in a chest but not on the bloodweb and they disappeared at the end of a match with or without use they'd probably be fine.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Also yeah, there's so many perks for both sides that are virtually never ever used, making some of the useless perks have some kind of fun or useful quirk would be nice.

DeathChicken posted:

Yeah, there's kind of a problem when you have perks like Surveillance, then perks like Gearhead which is "So it does what Surveillance does but you also have to hook the obsession while under the light of a full moon while Claudette is working a gen but only after she's hit 3 skill checks". The game is filled with perks like that which are dumb and overcomplicated to the point you might as well use something else

It's a mix of that and "Uuuuh, I dunno people heal slower when you're nearby" because that's definitely something that happens much and is very useful, lookin square at you Coulrophobia you useless rear end perk. Or lol, stuff like Wake Up or Sole Survivor, the ever-present joke of Monstrous Shrine.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jun 17, 2021

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Yeah, there's kind of a problem when you have perks like Surveillance, then perks like Gearhead which is "So it does what Surveillance does but you also have to hook the obsession while under the light of a full moon while Claudette is working a gen but only after she's hit 3 skill checks". The game is filled with perks like that which are dumb and overcomplicated to the point you might as well use something else

Orv
May 4, 2011

temple posted:

I know you were joking or genuinely down on ScottJund calling out spawning as being an issue of the game design at the moment but his primary point in that video is what I actually want from the game design and balance. I don't think the game can ever actually be fully balanced, no game really can and DbD as a constantly expanding service game especially can't, but I want them to stop introducing a problem and then introducing a fix purely as new perks or new mechanics. Fix the problems that are there, not even necessarily balance ones but just bad, weird designs that shouldn't have been made, get them into a working order so that more than 10% of the perks get used and everyone at least has to dig to find something to complain about.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I mean from what I recall, Scott's complaint was that for everyone bitching about gen rushing, the real problem is that survivors will 90% of the time spawn right on top of a gen and by the time a killer waddles over there they're already so far behind the eight ball they might as well quit. Which...yes, that *is* a problem that should be addressed

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Also unless you have every single character P3 maxed out and every archive challenge done and every achievement in the game, worrying about pipping or depipping or your rank is pretty much the biggest waste of time you can ever inflict yourself with. Just slap people / run away from being slapped. DBD is the chillest game for not giving a gently caress about. Did I earn more than 1 bloodpoint this game? Make a little progress on a challenge? Pull off a sick axe throw or spear shot or hit a survivor from the moon with my M1 because of hilarious lag? Stop in front of a pallet so the killer hits the idiot riding my rear end in a double chase? Cool, I’m having a good time.

Reading anything on their forums or Reddit or expecting your gameplay to resemble lifetime streamers is a recipe for driving yourself crazy. Mess around with stupid perks, work on your fundamentals, set little goals, play dress up. Live mas.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I have never lost a match of DBD (any time i get at least 1 bloodpoint it is a win) except yesterday when the servers were having issues and I got no bloodpoints after a good Blight match

Orv
May 4, 2011

DeathChicken posted:

I mean from what I recall, Scott's complaint was that for everyone bitching about gen rushing, the real problem is that survivors will 90% of the time spawn right on top of a gen and by the time a killer waddles over there they're already so far behind the eight ball they might as well quit. Which...yes, that *is* a problem that should be addressed

He was saying that Lethal Pursuer is a perk added to allow you to combat, to an extent, the problem of multiple people spawning on gens. Which is a thing they do fairly regularly; introduce a mechanical problem, either through reworks or new systems, add a perk for the side that now has a problem, don't actually fix the underlying problem.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

https://v.redd.it/22vzizbrit571/DASH_1080.mp4

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Orv posted:

I know you were joking or genuinely down on ScottJund calling out spawning as being an issue of the game design at the moment but his primary point in that video is what I actually want from the game design and balance. I don't think the game can ever actually be fully balanced, no game really can and DbD as a constantly expanding service game especially can't, but I want them to stop introducing a problem and then introducing a fix purely as new perks or new mechanics. Fix the problems that are there, not even necessarily balance ones but just bad, weird designs that shouldn't have been made, get them into a working order so that more than 10% of the perks get used and everyone at least has to dig to find something to complain about.
Scott's point is stupid because survivor will spread out if they want to do gens. That's it. It doesn't matter where you put them. Its just a dumb point because its a 4v1 game. You can't force a killer to chase 4 people so you can't avoid the spread gen problem. Unless you make maps super small.

Tru and Dowsey played some matches against comp teams today to demonstrate the power (or lack there of) of wraith. Interesting stuff

Orv
May 4, 2011
Are you purposefully vying for the apple 2.0 slot or?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Orv posted:

What does that mean?

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Orv posted:

That feels really uncalled for, nothing in his post even comes close to Apple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

Umbreon posted:

Not trying to bait you, I swear. I've only been playing the game for about a month but I found that my survivor play got WAY better once I put in some time as killer.