Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Dawgstar posted:

The survivor thing especially resonates because you start to learn that the best place to put traps is right around the corner because a lot of survivors hug the walls by instinct even when not in a chase. Like while a lot of good Trappers think you shouldn't trap the basement, IF you do put it right around the left corner at the bottom of the stairs.

Truth. Been caught that way more times than I like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Dawgstar posted:

The survivor thing especially resonates because you start to learn that the best place to put traps is right around the corner because a lot of survivors hug the walls by instinct even when not in a chase. Like while a lot of good Trappers think you shouldn't trap the basement, IF you do put it right around the left corner at the bottom of the stairs.

Yeah. Similarly, don't trap the shack doors or window because everyone expects that. Trap in the grass near the outside corner of shack on the non-pallet side, so that when someone vaults the window and tries to use the extremely strong shack loop, they hug the wall into your trap.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Saw it posted elsewhere, but Pig would be so much more fun if once per match she had the ability to close an exit gate that's been opened, anyone inside is free to go, anyone still outside can now deal with Pig until they power a gate again or make it to hatch. And play Hello Zepp for the duration of the ability

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

DeathChicken posted:

Saw it posted elsewhere, but Pig would be so much more fun if once per match she had the ability to close an exit gate that's been opened, anyone inside is free to go, anyone still outside can now deal with Pig until they power a gate again or make it to hatch. And play Hello Zepp for the duration of the ability

That's a great idea and the fact that Hello Zepp or even this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g59R3fMnUuc isn't her chase music is a travesty.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Otz explaining The Thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBZYdo-3xzg

Properly unpacked he does have a point.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
When I learned earlier on that all of the category BP bonus add-ons had the same cap, I thought it was a bug that would clearly be fixed as BBQ doesn't.

That said, Dowsy got use out of them during his Hardcore challenges as BP gains were critical and hitting the cap was important to do every match. But hardcore challenges are essentially meming so it feeds Otzs point.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Ape Agitator posted:

When I learned earlier on that all of the category BP bonus add-ons had the same cap, I thought it was a bug that would clearly be fixed as BBQ doesn't.

That said, Dowsy got use out of them during his Hardcore challenges as BP gains were critical and hitting the cap was important to do every match. But hardcore challenges are essentially meming so it feeds Otzs point.

this is a weird MTG style wording on BHVRs part I'm pretty sure. Distressing buffs your point gain in the same way that Bloodpoint add-ons do, whereas WGLF/BBQ/BP offerings all specifically say bonus added at the end of the Trial (so it ignores the 8k per category cap)

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I thought Otz was looking for something interesting with 'the thing', but it turns out he played 400+ games to make the point that "crappy add-ons don't get used much because they're crappy." I mean, he's right, but who cares? There are tons of perks and add-ons and offerings that are bad or useless and so they just pile up in your inventory. Next he can do a challenge to see how long until a survivor runs Buckle Up or some poo poo.

Doublestep posted:

I actually can't believe it took that many games because I use the party popper addon on Clown constantly because it's funny

Same and I like the little noise it makes.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I mean you probably stand to gain more points by running good addons and doing well in the game than you do by running these lovely joke addons and getting stomped (even with the bonus points), so yeah

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Party bottles are gameplay neutral, which makes it (probably, slightly) better than not running an add on at all which is not the case for most other of the BP Addons

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Party Bottles suffer from "who's playing clown??"

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Studio posted:

Party Bottles suffer from "who's playing clown??"

combination Redheads Pinky Finger with the party bottles so you can celebrate making every chase trivial with the survivor players

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

its always funny seeing people throw out reworks for killers when they clearly have no idea how to keep the game balanced but i think this legion rework i found on reddit might be one of the funniest yet

sure yeah lets give legion demo's teleport, gently caress it :shepface:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

I like the locker teleport better with this new character.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Medullah posted:

I love that concept.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
a Scooby Doo chapter would be loving amazing

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Mix. posted:

its always funny seeing people throw out reworks for killers when they clearly have no idea how to keep the game balanced but i think this legion rework i found on reddit might be one of the funniest yet

sure yeah lets give legion demo's teleport, gently caress it :shepface:

I liked the way this was going until it was just a teleport, give Legion some kind of fun extra offense by doing survivor-like things kind of like using the lockers and stuff.

Medullah posted:

That's actually a pretty sick Shaggy model.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Doublestep posted:

a Scooby Doo chapter would be loving amazing

Villain is Scrappy Doo.

Or alternatively, as Comfortador suggested, you start as one killer and are "unmasked" to be Old Man Jenkins halfway through.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Sound design and visuals would be aces and totally unique, we don't have a sci fi horror killer at all, classic good design, Shaggy design and those perk concepts are fun(numbers need tweaking, Zoinks is open to abuse and Lets Split Up is really weak for non-generators and broken for split generators) but it'd be a homerun.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Me and Medullah were talking that you should spawn into the map as a random killer then a certain amount into the match have it be revealed to be the REAL killer, who has NOED or some poo poo heh.

edit: not really on the NOED

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Doomykins posted:

Zoinks is open to abuse

Just needs to be an exhaustion perk.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Question about the hatch -

I know it *opens* when the number of survivors is less than the number of generators left +2 or something, but when does it *appear*?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Medullah posted:

I know it *opens* when the number of survivors is less than the number of generators left +2 or something, but when does it *appear*?

It appears when the number of Dead Survs = gens left to repair, and opens automatically when there's 1 surv left in the trial.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

It doesn't open until there is one person left in the map.

Phone quoting the wiki:

Visibility

The Hatch becomes visible after the following condition is met: Number of completed Generators = Number of alive Survivors + 1
More specifically:

More specifically:

4 Survivors alive: 5 Generators completed, Exit Gates are powered

3 Survivors alive: 4 Generators completed, 1 Generator left

2 Survivors alive: 3 Generators completed, 2 Generators left

The exception to this is when there is only 1 Survivor left alive anymore, in which case the Hatch will immediately become visible and open automatically, regardless of how many Generators have been completed.

As soon as the Hatch is visible, it can be opened manually using Keys , as well as be revealed by Aura-reading abilities

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Medullah posted:

Blasmeister posted:

It appears when the number of Dead Survs = gens left to repair, and opens automatically when there's 1 surv left in the trial.

That works, but I use the following:

code:
if (survivor.alive.count + generator.remainingEndGame.count < 5) { hatch.visible = true; }

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

What the hell does the mist do? The offerings, I mean, both survivors and the killer can bring stuff that thickens the mist but I don't see anywhere what sort of gameplay impact that has

Orv
May 4, 2011

tithin posted:

What the hell does the mist do? The offerings, I mean, both survivors and the killer can bring stuff that thickens the mist but I don't see anywhere what sort of gameplay impact that has

Ostensibly it makes things a little darker and easier to hide in corners or behind trees or whatever. Realistically it's hard to even notice unless stacked.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

On killer, you might see mist offerings for stealthy ones like a Ghostface creepin around, or Hag or Trapper wanting their traps a little more hidden. On survivors it is used by stealthy dorks who creep around and avoid chases. Blendettes etc.

The Berzerker fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jul 24, 2021

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

tithin posted:

if you drop a purple reagent and pay attention you'll notice it, it's the like clouds of grey smoke that kick up from the ground, they have a weird blotchy effect and ignore lighting so they're good for obscuring you in the distance etc

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Does just flat out losing survivors mid-chase stop happening so much with practice? I really hope so.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

Does just flat out losing survivors mid-chase stop happening so much with practice? I really hope so.

Yes but never completely. Occasionally someone will just loving vanish for no discernable reason. Sometimes it's sound bugs, sometimes it's just really good play, sometimes it's ???. Never goes away entirely.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Sometimes they're running Lucky Break (once per match getting hit erases all scratch marks and blood for like a minute. gently caress that perk sideways)

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

You mean three times per match because the fucker brought a purple medkit

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

rydiafan posted:

You mean three times per match because the fucker brought a purple medkit

I thought it gets deactivated for the rest of the trial after it works once?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Umbreon posted:

I thought it gets deactivated for the rest of the trial after it works once?
It has a timer that stops when healed or downed.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Fully maxed a survivor :toot:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

It's going bad in the Hardcore Survivor Season 2. Our heroes are down to 9 survivors and are at ranks 7-4. They've been losing a lot of characters today after coming up against a couple of extremely sweaty stream snipers, and making some extremely questionable plays under pressure.

https://www.twitch.tv/otzdarva
https://www.twitch.tv/dowsey
https://www.twitch.tv/ayrun
https://www.twitch.tv/thejrm_

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

It's going bad in the Hardcore Survivor Season 2. Our heroes are down to 9 survivors and are at ranks 7-4. They've been losing a lot of characters today after coming up against a couple of extremely sweaty stream snipers, and making some extremely questionable plays under pressure.

Otz hosed up bad with Jill, taking what should have been an easy hook save with everyone getting away to a 3k because he ran into a bear trap he knew was there

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

how sweaty can a killer be vs a 4 man swf really though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Tha_Joker_GAmer posted:

how sweaty can a killer be vs a 4 man swf really though?

In this case "watched the streams to see what builds the SWFs were running, picked a very specific counter-build and used a map offering to send them to a map that would invalidate as many of their perks as possible".

And then did it again a few games later.

Due to the way the challenge is set up (only one person can play a character at one time etc) they don't have meta perks like Dead Hard, Decisive Strike or anything. I think Dowsey's the only one who managed to even unlock Borrowed Time before the character died.

Medullah posted:

Otz hosed up bad with Jill, taking what should have been an easy hook save with everyone getting away to a 3k because he ran into a bear trap he knew was there

Yeah, there have been a few plays like that. Stream sniping is one thing, but the squad have brought a lot of problems on themselves with bad plays. I mean it's inevitable, people aren't perfect.