Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
By the way, which killer perk do you not want to upgrade? I heard there was one that basically became less useful at higher tiers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Discordance was the only one I know of, but they changed it so only the range is affected by level now so you want to upgrade it.

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
Cool, thanks.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

Edit 2: Equally unrelated, I'm torn about whether I wanna spend my next 9k shards on Clown, for Pop (and Bamboozle, I guess), or on Deathslinger because he's the next killer I wanna try out. I already have Hag, so Hex: Ruin is an option for a slowdown perk, but there's been many, many times where I wished I had Pop. (I'm probably gonna try out the jank strat of Ruin and Haunted Ground on the same set soon, because lol.)

Long term, if you're only interested in Pop then don't get Clown. Grab a killer who is fun and wait for Pop to show up on the shrine again.

Also Bamboozle is a bad perk. There aren't enough god windows to justify using it, and most windows if you use it all you're actually doing is forcing a pallet drop when you could have gotten a hit.

calbruc
Nov 15, 2007
Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
Don't think I saw this posted, a few DLCs are being given away by alienware:

https://na.alienwarearena.com/ucf/show/2144786/boards/giveaways-and-contest-na/Giveaway/dead-by-daylight-dlc-key-giveaway-lvl-20

I don't think you need anything other than an account? Looks like only one DLC per account.

Tomorrow is Cursed Legacy, followed by Chains of Hate, and then Descend Beyond.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

PMush Perfect posted:

Edit 2: Equally unrelated, I'm torn about whether I wanna spend my next 9k shards on Clown, for Pop (and Bamboozle, I guess), or on Deathslinger because he's the next killer I wanna try out. I already have Hag, so Hex: Ruin is an option for a slowdown perk, but there's been many, many times where I wished I had Pop. (I'm probably gonna try out the jank strat of Ruin and Haunted Ground on the same set soon, because lol.)

Here are my arguments for playing Deathslinger

https://streamable.com/7vnt24
https://streamable.com/2pwmj1
https://twitter.com/BIGHONKINBURGER/status/1312829815649529857

(I don't have a streamable of the last one I don't want to be self-promotional sorry!!!)

Iamgoofball
Jul 1, 2015

Der Shovel posted:

Is Cheryl worth 1,59€?

I'm probably late, but yes. Her perk Soul Guard is a free BT every time you get picked up from dying.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Tried Pyramid Head, I'm very bad at him.

Tried Doctor, had 2 matches where everyone got away and then 3 in a row where no one did. I love how well he absolutely shits on people for attempting to loop.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Tried Pyramid Head, I'm very bad at him.

Tried Doctor, had 2 matches where everyone got away and then 3 in a row where no one did. I love how well he absolutely shits on people for attempting to loop.

Well, you can loop against Doctor, quite effectively. You just can't be as greedy about a pallet drop or go for a stun. He's actually better at punishing unsafe pallet drops

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Studio posted:

Well, you can loop against Doctor, quite effectively. You just can't be as greedy about a pallet drop or go for a stun. He's actually better at punishing unsafe pallet drops
What should I watch out for with survivors trying to loop me as Doctor? As it stands, I was just M2'ing them a few times to build up Madness and then loving off to chase someone else once they got into hallucinating levels.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
If you zap somebody they can't drop pallets or vault pallets/windows for 2.5 seconds. The timing is tricky since if you're even .1 off they'll drop it before the zap registers but it really punishes people who wait to squeeze out that extra bit of chase time. Otherwise Doctor is as limited as any 115% killer, building madness to T3 and breaking chase if they're giving you the ol' double window is a fine play.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Evil Kit posted:

on the Co-op discord as of right now @ the mods and they'll assign you the LFDbD role so we can organize. Vox is busy working but he'll get the bot set up eventually to let you assign the role to yourself.

Sorry for the delay, command is now in place.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Iamgoofball posted:

I'm probably late, but yes. Her perk Soul Guard is a free BT every time you get picked up from dying.

Good to hear, I bought the Silent Hill pack.

Now how do I play Pyramid Head?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

He's very good at stopping loops. Put down a trail in the middle of a pallet path, most survivors will chop off their own face before they step in it. If someone's going for an obvious window, aim the sword laser at it before they get there, if they don't change their mind it's a hit

Used to be you could get a lot of mileage out of starting up a sword laser and then canceling into an M1 hit if you didn't like what you were seeing, but they nerfed that. Although you now get punished a lot less for using your sword lasers in general, so feel free to go nuts with them

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

DeathChicken posted:

most survivors will chop off their own face before they step in it
But then you get torment, and PH can mori you if you have enough of that! :byodame:

I am just as guilty of this as most people. In the heat of the chase, you don't think "oh, I can handle getting a bit of it", you think "oh, I really shouldn't step in tha- OW GOD MY FACE".

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

For the Alienware key giveaway, of the remaining (Oni/Deathslinger/Blight), which might be most useful? Also, anyone know when the giveaway usually resets?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

And also does the "level 20+" thing mean your alienware account needs to be level 20? Because that's a lot!

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Oni and Deathslinger are about equally good in different ways (Oni plays like Billy had a child with Myers. Deathslinger is kind of like Huntress in that if you can aim well you can do insane things). Blight is awful but has amazing perks (good enough I expect them to be nerfed any day now)

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Oct 29, 2020

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

DeathChicken posted:

Oni and Deathslinger are about equally good in different ways (Oni plays like Billy had a child with Myers. Deathslinger is kind of like Huntress in that if you can aim well you can do insane things). Blight is awful but has amazing perks (good enough I expect them to be nerfed any day now)

Hmm, thanks for the input. I might have tried to pick up Deathslinger since he seems like he has a nice balance between decent perks and gameplay, with Blight as a backup for perks, but since I'm traveling most of the day Saturday I might just try each day starting with Oni.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Pyrolocutus posted:

Hmm, thanks for the input. I might have tried to pick up Deathslinger since he seems like he has a nice balance between decent perks and gameplay, with Blight as a backup for perks, but since I'm traveling most of the day Saturday I might just try each day starting with Oni.

Deathslinger can be really effective for securing hooks but he is highly map dependent. If you're on a map with a ton of garbage strewn everywhere he can have more issues, but that just means that you have to play to his strengths and guard generators in areas where there are more open spaces or you have the ability to ambush people more.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

DeathChicken posted:

shakes head in steamroller Deathslinger's good, but Oni is incredible. Blight is also really good but very difficult to play.

Here's Scott Jund's Blight guide. You can watch a few of his matches to see how quickly a good Blight can down people, and how quickly he can be wherever on the map he feels like. Unless it's Rotten Fields.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyuTmnd825A

Pyrolocutus posted:

For the Alienware key giveaway, of the remaining (Oni/Deathslinger/Blight), which might be most useful? Also, anyone know when the giveaway usually resets?

sorry for the quality, but if you wanna be able to do poo poo like this get Oni. once he gets his first hit you're a wrecking ball of a killer
https://i.imgur.com/X3OqzTz.mp4

TGLT fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Oct 29, 2020

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Deathslinger's advantage is that he can get reliable hits in chases relatively quickly, depending on the loop/map. However, he doesn't have one-shot outside of iridescent add-ons and perks, and if you ever get two shots in a row, the combo isn't actually that fast (Also the deep wound is great).

Oni's advantage is that at max blood he can down an entire team with Infectious Fright.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I mostly like Deathslinger because window loopers annoy me and it's nice to just go "nah" when they try to make a break for it

calbruc
Nov 15, 2007
Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

Der Shovel posted:

And also does the "level 20+" thing mean your alienware account needs to be level 20? Because that's a lot!

Looks like your alienware account does have to be level 20+. Bummer.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

What is the trick to using Oni? I know people say to use his dash then heavy attack to down, but the maps are so filled with dead corners and his charge has such a huge windup that survivors just walk behind a wall or object and I overshoot them or have to stop and adjust.

VVV Cheers, ill look into the video as well. I've tried messing around with him more and if you are willing to just blindly scrape your face against a wall for a bit before finding a door you can get it done pretty good, as long as the survivors aren't making real 90 degree turns.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Oct 29, 2020

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Depends on the loop. Most important thing to remember is that when you use demon strike during the demon dash, you can rotate up to 90 degrees (flicking) so if some one only just ducked behind a corner you can actually still hit them. Beyond that, you usually can't dash on very short loops with full 180 turns but those are also not particularly strong loops. For larger loops, how you approach helps. Remember that you can strafe left and right during your dash, which combined with turning can often be enough to get you within 90 degrees of whoever's turning the corner.

Another big thing to remember is that if you hit a wall you won't stop dashing. This can let you use your power even on loops with sharp 180 degree turns by faking going one direction then drifting through the pallet to come out on the other side. If the survivor guesses wrong you'll probably be on them (or right next to them) before they an get back around to safety.

For addons, grab the Scalped Top Knot. With the extra charge speed increase there are very few loops and corners you can't dash and get hits on.

As for just a raw demon strike, you only have to charge until his hands turn red. After than any time you let go he'll do his big slam.

edit: Also don't be afraid to start your rage to down some one who's already injured. Dashing can let you drop some one extremely quickly then hop to another person so even if you're not downing a healthy survivor the time saved can be worth it. Alternatively you can just down and hook them super quick and not waste very much charge. So long as you're injuring one or two people per rage, there'll be more than enough blood orbs around the map to regain your power when you need it.

2nd edit: Also Scott Jund's Oni guide, which helped me a lot to learn Oni. The only real addition to this vid that I have is you don't need to just follow one survivor to farm blood from them at the start. If you see an opportunity to hit a second healthy survivor absolutely take it, and if you can down that first survivor super quick it's probably worth giving up the early blood for extra pressure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfvciT6nnB8

TGLT fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Oct 29, 2020

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

:siren: The Steam sale is now live, and there's a free play weekend going on right now in case you wanted to try murder :siren:

Also I bought the Cursed Legacy pack.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Der Shovel posted:

Also I bought the Cursed Legacy pack.

:hai:

edit: vvv For sure, what matters most is if you enjoy the killer's gameplay and aesthetics. And while I think Oni's better from a tier list perspective, Deathslinger is still absolutely a good killer. It's not like the gap between Nurse and Clown, the rooty tooty cowboy can clean house if you're good with him.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Oct 29, 2020

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I think arguably Oni is better (or at least more meta) because mobility killers tend to have a much, much easier time.

But in the end what really matters is what you like, and whether "giant man with huge club" or "cowboy with a harpoon gun" appeals more to you.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

The issue with the mobility killers is that the ones that are the best are so good that they overshadow all the other ones. Like yes, I could play Legion and use my power to be able to bleed and jump windows people in exchange for not being able to down them... or I could just use the Nurse, blink them in the face twice, and then go about my day. The only one that the Nurse doesn't really overpower everyone else at is the Stranger Things lab, and that's just because it's such a clusterfuck of walls that you tend to blink into the wrong place.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

The problem with Legion is that they're not a mobility killer, they're a mobility wounder.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Meyers is cool and my friend.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I just lost a pip after surviving a round, having a decently long killer chase, and finishing 2 gens :confused:

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?

PMush Perfect posted:

Edit 3: For anyone who's curious, current shrine is Bond, Thanatophobia, Enduring, and Lithe(!).

I'm just trying to get back into this after bouncing off a couple of times and swiping Lithe from this seems like a good idea! Thanks for the heads up.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Had someone threaten to report me for wallhacks because I knew where they were going

After they unhooked someone

In the basement

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

CuddleCryptid posted:

Had someone threaten to report me for wallhacks because I knew where they were going

After they unhooked someone

In the basement

Please stop hacking.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

https://streamable.com/nmv88u

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Reporting someone for wallhacks in this game is so laughable because for gently caress's sake, basically half the perks in the game are some variety of wallhack.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Arzaac posted:

Reporting someone for wallhacks in this game is so laughable because for gently caress's sake, basically half the perks in the game are some variety of wallhack.
Next time a survivor unhooks someone in the basement, report them for wallhacks. :pseudo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
Just reached lv15 with Legion. They're pretty fun, but I really have to wonder what's the point of the deep wound status effect. There's doesn't really seem to be any situation where it could be relevant, other than having an afflicted survivor who has no idea what they're doing.