Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

New Code: HAPPY1001 for 100.1K BP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I'm getting people being salty at me in chat again, especially when I win, hit them with a weapon, chase them for more than six seconds, interrupt them at the generator, activate a power, etc. Nature is healing.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Nessus posted:

I'm getting people being salty at me in chat again, especially when I win, hit them with a weapon, chase them for more than six seconds, interrupt them at the generator, activate a power, etc. Nature is healing.
What temporarily detoxed the community?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

PMush Perfect posted:

What temporarily detoxed the community?
I suspect I was getting all of the console folks, and since I'm on PC I might as well be playing a bot.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Angrily Unhooking Teammate In Front Of Killer two seconds after the Hook and Accusing You Of Camping.

Also people who think I can't see the hook timer on my UI and I won't work a return to the hook into my generator, locker/pool, generator and 180 patrol when somebody is down to last ten seconds. I thought Trapper was a galaxy brain killer but then I started landing Huntress hatchet tosses and saw enlightenment.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

...yeah, Hag is, uh.. pretty good. :stare:

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Got Executioner Adept after entering the other world and learning to lead big brain shockwaves. Surprised how well Deathbound and Trail of Torment do, the oblivious effects were frequently overlooked. :twisted:

Lame Devil
Mar 21, 2013

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

PMush Perfect posted:

...yeah, Hag is, uh.. pretty good. :stare:

I want to try her as my next killer. Any tips?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Lame Devil posted:

Lots of people think of the traps as a purely defensive ability, but there's actually no delay after coming out before you can start running and attacking. Herd a fleeing survivor into a trap (other side of a vault point?) during a chase and you can skip several loops. People just don't know how to deal with an aggro Hag. :black101:

Hex: Ruin is just as good as people say it is. The typical big-brain play is combining it with Haunted Ground and/or Undying, if you have them.

Franklin's Demise is a great way to deal with Hag's kryptonite. Definitely worth it if you see 2+ flashlights, arguably worth it IMO even if you just see one, as long as there's other items in the mix, too.

Be prepared for people calling you a camper.

Edit: Also, teleport very aggressively if you think the survivors are SWFing, it's extremely common for them to use you chasing one as an opportunity for the others to make ballsy plays when setting off your traps, thinking you won't give up on the chase. Sloppy Butcher works great with this. Get the first hit, then port at the next opportunity.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Oct 3, 2020

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Lame Devil posted:

- Spend the few couple minutes of the match setting down 6-7 traps. It's good to avoid being seen by survivors early on, makes your traps even more effective.

- Survivors will expect traps around hooked people, try to instead put them on the other side of nearby pallets/expected escape routes.

- Use traps to circumvent really powerful loops such as shack window/pallet or slaughterhouse window in Coldwind Farm.

- Flashlights pointed at your traps will destroy them, so take care not to set traps down where survivors can see them if you know they have flashlights.

- Your rarer offerings tend to be bad but thankfully Hag isn't add-on dependent, you normally want the ones that increase teleport distance.

- Your terror radius is smaller and you're not as tall as most killers, use that to your advantage when it comes to juking.

- Try not to set traps in a way where a survivor will trigger multiple of them while just running around, you ideally want them near chokepoints and hex totems.

- Traps force survivors to look at them for a split second, which can make the difference between downing someone and getting stunned by a pallet.

- Try to avoid having too many unused traps on you, the Hag is a bit slower than most killers so you need your traps to cut chases short as much as possible. If everyone's either injured or hooked, that's the perfect moment to go set some down.

- At first you'll be disoriented whenever you teleport and you'll struggle to get an immediate hit on most people. That's fine, it will take some practice. The simple fact that you're now very close to a survivor is good enough.

- Corrupt Intervention is very good - many survivors will stick around the blocked gens because they know you'll be patrolling the non-blocked ones, which gives you a ton of space to start setting traps down.

Edit: Seconding Sloppy Butcher, A+ perk in general when it comes to making people waste their time healing.

Azran fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Oct 3, 2020

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Lame Devil posted:

As a Hag main, Lisa is amazing and hands down the most fun to play for me.

Trapping tips:

1. Always have nearly all 10 traps deployed. This sounds easy on paper, but in practice it takes some getting used to. Use a trap to get a hit and you know the survivor is chasing into another trap but you have some time? Set another trap in the same spot. Moving across the map? Set a trap on loops on your way. Internalizing this takes time but is worth it.

2. Only place one trap in front of a hook. Only. One. Trap. Seriously, watching hags wasting time doing this blows my mind. The only time it's worth multiple traps around a hook is the basement.

3. Once you get used to trapping loops and vault points, try placing traps in high traffic areas, or spots you know survivors travel regularly. The number of times I've started chases, gotten hits, or downs from random trap in high traffic area? Countless. You will get people questioning your sanity and why the hell was there a trap in the tire stack???

4. When in a chase and knowing that a survivor is running straight towards a trap, start mashing the button or key you have mapped to teleporting. You'll teleport as soon as the trap goes and if you attack immediately you will generally get a hit (this is called an ITH or Instant Teleport Hit). This only works if a survivor doesn't know a trap is there and is running at it in a straight line, rounding corners in loops can throw this off, leading into the next tip-

5. When teleporting to most traps you want to keep holding forward. It takes about half a second to start walking again, and this half second is necessary to give you a lunge after a survivor who's managed to make it past a trap. If you aren't moving, you don't have a lunge, this applies to other killers too but is most important for Hag since she is forced into immobility for that half second after teleporting.

6. Only put traps on one side or another of a pallet, never directly inside of one. If you're chasing a survivor into a pallet and they spring a trap while you're a distance away, most survivors will panic drop the pallet and then immediately vault back over. So basically, don't teleport right away if they drop the pallet! With the trap activated it's on the survivor to make the decision of which way to go and very few will make the right one, giving you an easy hit or down. Also a free dropped pallet.

7: Just downed a survivor? Do some trap maintence, resetting traps and breaking any pallets dropped. This is sorta basic killer play as well, just with Hag you have the extra layer of trap to maintain as well.

As for perks, the only two I would say are 100% meta and super duper good in all circumstances are A Nurse's Calling and Monitor & Abuse. Combine those two and you have a 16m tr tiny menace able to look survivors healing at 28 meters. The number of times you can sneak up on doofuses healing in a corner for a free down is kind of insane!

danbo
Dec 29, 2010

SaffronKit posted:

It the survivor falls within your cone of vision as a killer (whether or not there is an object in the way) Spine Chill will activate.

Not exactly.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RUfIiWEOxNeMN9Ei501Dzd49lF8u_ADTQOQlpOkh90w/edit - page 15 of this Wraith guide illustrates exactly how it works. It's a 90-degree cone in front of you, but it doesn't correspond with your vision.

You don't need to moonwalk, keeping the relevant gen at the edge of your FOV is good enough. Perks that increase your FOV have no bearing on Spine Chill either.

It's well worth learning this regardless of the killer you play. Spine Chill is very popular and it can indeed be used to create a false sense of security.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

danbo posted:

Not exactly.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RUfIiWEOxNeMN9Ei501Dzd49lF8u_ADTQOQlpOkh90w/edit - page 15 of this Wraith guide illustrates exactly how it works. It's a 90-degree cone in front of you, but it doesn't correspond with your vision.

You don't need to moonwalk, keeping the relevant gen at the edge of your FOV is good enough. Perks that increase your FOV have no bearing on Spine Chill either.

It's well worth learning this regardless of the killer you play. Spine Chill is very popular and it can indeed be used to create a false sense of security.

TIL! Thanks, that'll help a lot knowing.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

danbo posted:

Not exactly.

What I'm hearing is that I need to get in the habit of walking diagonally everywhere like I'm playing Doom.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Thought I'd just brute force my way through a Nurse daily for 4 blink hits. Ended up actually doing sick nasty blinks onto people on gens and through cover. Now I'm addicted...

Oh no. Oh no!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

The current Rift closes tomorrow and I'm two levels away from cute pants for David... :ohdear:

brodude
Apr 22, 2008

I'm not a malefactor, I'm a lagomorph.
I used to play Dead by Daylight on PC, but decided to play on Switch with my brother, his partner, and their friend. It took 10 minutes to find a match. When we did, we got sadistic killers who would down us all and just sit around and wait until we bled out. Or they would keep a single person up so they would revive people, immediately down them, and then run in circles over them as they bled out.
Seemed like they were farming XP, but it made the game pretty tough to enjoy.

Friday the 13th, though? So much fun. All of the different ways to die (head smashed in door, axe in groin, etc) and the different ways to escape make it so much better. I wish we played that more.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I started playing Dead by Daylight after the last free week and just hit the red ranks today :toot:

I loving love Deathslinger. It's so satisfying to land a spear on someone, especially when they think they're in a safe position like the top of saloon in Glenvale or chilling under a pallet.

The only disappointing part of Deathslinger is how often survivors disconnect when they're hit by the first spear 😔

https://streamable.com/2pwmj1

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

gently caress Ebony Moris.

That is all.

Lame Devil
Mar 21, 2013

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Are there any other defensive killers besides Hag and The Nightmare? I thought maybe Demagorgen but he seems bad?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Well, you've got Trapper and sorta Pyramid Head? He can leave behind trails of debris which tag/hurt survivors.

Azran fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Oct 7, 2020

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Lame Devil posted:

Are there any other defensive killers besides Hag and The Nightmare? I thought maybe Demagorgen but he seems bad?

Demogorgon's not a defensive killer. He's all about his shred, the portals are more of a side option for extra map mobility. edit: I mean you could play him as that, but as you experienced it's really not his forte.

Yeah as Azran said, Trapper's kinda the other big defensive killer.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Oct 7, 2020

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Demogorgon is... interesting? It seems like being defensive with him requires the right information perks, so you know where to port and when. Discordance, Tinkerer, or Bitter Murmur all seem like they'd have their benefits, depending on your preferences. Plus BBQ, obviously.

Edit: I bet Knock Out would let you get up to some serious long-distance slugging shenanigans, if you wanted to be that particular kind of ballsy.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I've played 3 games of The Pig and all I have to say is lol.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Did they actually ever buff or meaningfully change Pig or is it lol because she's still like, pretty much just Bad Ghostface nowadays.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I just started playing a month ago, so I have no history with her, but she's terrible now. It's weird because her kit feels like it has the potential to do cool things, but delivers on nothing instead. I'll just keep shooting people with Deathslinger 🤠

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Oh yeah, she's unfortunately been That Killer for a little bit now languishing with a kit that just doesn't really cut it anymore or has been completely powercrept by another killer, with Pig it's that Ghostface came out and did "Sneaky ambush slasher" way better than she ever could, because he can play the stealth game, but he can also trick people on loops way harder with turning off the stain, turning off his stain also lets him get a lot more tunnel-vision grabs/hits, he doesn't have to slow himself to a crawl to play sneaky at all like she does and so on. Pig was cool when once upon a time her traps were more fun to play with and could screw people in better/funnier ways, but it feels like someone has to almost be letting it happen to die to her traps now unless she's running some loadouts. But hey they remembered that Plague was still in the game eventually and gave her some changes that helped out, so ideally Pig can get that next.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Oct 12, 2020

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Ghost Face was the third Killer I really put time into after Oni and Huntress, and I could tell I just wasn't good enough at the game to play him well. The last two killers I've messed around with are Myers and The Pig, and now I just want to go back to my extremely non-canonical Scream Killer.

Going to mess with The Hag first though :getin:

Edit: Actually read the OP. Was the OP of the last thread Tinfoil Papercut?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

It was and thankfully he finally outed himself here on the forums as a lovely bigot and got bounced for it.

But yeah like work at Ghostface a little and he's so fun with how hard you'll game most people with his disappearing headlights and everything.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Huntress is so much fun. Sometimes I have really frustrating losses, but usually, that’s because I whiffed some easy throws (like, lunge range.)

I also like Hag, and wanna try a stealth killer, but Huntress just speaks to me. Currently running NOED, Whispers, M&A, and Bitter Murmur. Once it finally comes up in my web, I’ll probably be replacing NOED with BBQ. I don’t like all-or-nothing perks like that.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Oct 12, 2020

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Yardbomb posted:

It was and thankfully he finally outed himself here on the forums as a lovely bigot and got bounced for it.

But yeah like work at Ghostface a little and he's so fun with how hard you'll game most people with his disappearing headlights and everything.

lmao he OP'd a couple threads I read and it's weird to see how all over the forums he was. Glad he's gone.

I'll give him a shot after getting Hag to 40. I'm excited to actually learn how to peek.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

I've started playing Doctor and it's great fun although I'm still not sure exactly how the range on his zaps work. It is fun to flush people out with static though.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Cone blast is like 5 meters in front of you and goes through walls and cover, pretty wide. The charge up circle is based on terror radius. So it can be really small with Monitor and Abuse out of a chase. You'll be at about 30-32 normally without M&A at all times and 20-22 with M&A with no chase. If they'd hear your heartbeat they'll get zapped.

If you know for a fact somebody is in your TR but they don't scream they have Calm Spirit or used a locker. Got two grabs last night recognizing the latter.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Oct 12, 2020

Truman Sticks
Nov 2, 2011
I play mostly survivor. When I get matched against the Doctor in an indoor level, I just want to put the controller down. Why waste time running around when I'm just gonna be chain-shocked to death?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Truman Sticks posted:

I play mostly survivor. When I get matched against the Doctor in an indoor level, I just want to put the controller down. Why waste time running around when I'm just gonna be chain-shocked to death?
Map RNG, the great equalizer. "Oh no, the hospital", says the Huntress. "OH BOY THE HOSPITAL" says the Doctor.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Whenever I see someone with ttv in their name, I bust out the scratched mirror and the Lery's offering. Everyone's entitled to one good scare :unsmigghh:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

Map RNG, the great equalizer. "Oh no, the hospital", says the Huntress. "OH BOY THE HOSPITAL" says the Doctor.

I enjoy Lery's so much as Michael. So many survivors plucked from generators

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Truman Sticks posted:

Same reason I dont DC when its 4 blendies on mothers dwelling

Dont be a bitch and play the game

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Now that I've got Leatherface to 50, which killer should I look at next in terms of perks? In terms of playstyle I'm learning towards Doctor, but if there's another perk that I should pick up first I may consider it.

Or maybe because now I have Chili unlocked it doesn't matter thanks to all those extra Bloodpoints... :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truman Sticks
Nov 2, 2011

Drythe posted:

Same reason I dont DC when its 4 blendies on mothers dwelling

Dont be a bitch and play the game

Chill bro