Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Honestly people overestimate the impact of being 110% for map traversal when reacting to info. She's at a real disadvantage if she's combing areas no one is in but 110% isn't so bad if you know you're looking in the right region. As for bitter murmur, the issue is you have zero control over it. If it pops in the middle of a chase it's basically worthless to you. If BBQ pings some one on a generator there's a good chance they're going to stay on that generator. Bitter Murmur pings some one and all you really get is what direction they're heading which you might be able to sus out anyways due to where generators are and which are closest to completion. Plus BBQ gives you info on the whole team up to ~10 times per match, Bitter Murmur gives you info only on who just finished a generator up to 5 times per match.

Floods of Rage is more useful info but has the same issue where it can go off when you're in the middle of a chase, so up to you how you feel about that trade off.

edit: I don't think there's any map much wider or longer than 110 meters in one direction? It'd take a normal move speed killer ~23.9 seconds to go from one end to the other and Huntress only ~1.1 seconds more at 25.
2nd edit: Actually Azarov's Resting Place might be 144 meters long? In which case it's a difference of 31.3s versus 32.7s but also it's Azarov's so that's not really reflective of how you play it.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Aug 4, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I'm just over here wondering how anyone hits these weird Hail Mary crossmap shots without the axe clipping some random bit of geometry first, like the 8000 trees on most maps

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Lots of practice. Some maps are definitely worse than others - lobbing axes over structures is always easier than through trees- but hey you miss 100% of the shots you don't take and you're gonna be reloading after a hook anyways.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

Doomykins posted:

Trickster and Deathslinger provide feel good alternative playstyles which I think is a fine use of a killer slot. Huntress shouldn't be the only ranged option, even if strictly speaking those two are often weaker Huntresses.

If shooting people with a harpoon gun and slowly dragging them to their doom while giggling madly is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
https://youtu.be/1QMGDytvBqE

Leaked data files, looks like Wesker AND the RE characters are getting voice lines

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Iron Maiden on Huntress works well when paired with Darkness Revealed.

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.
Oh dear god, I might've hit some particularly bad teams but no-heal Doc seems just brutal;

Doctor with the purple Calm addon plus an Iridescent Queen. Midwich or Game offering for the smallest possible map. Distressing, Sloppy Butcher, Coulrophobia, Unnerving Presence for perks. Only use Static Blast at the start of the match to keep your terror radius big, or if everybody has gone full stealth on you.

As soon as you hit a survivor they might as well be Broken for the rest of the game. ~40 seconds for a normal heal, all their progress gets completely reset by turbo-hemorrhage if they ever pause or get interrupted by a shock from Static Blast or Iridescent Queen partway through (only ~11 seconds to go from 99% to 0%), and healing skill checks are 50% faster with 60% reduced success zones for ~27% the normal window to hit it, on top of the timing being off the norm to throw off people's muscle memory and madness causing skill checks to randomly be backwards or positioned elsewhere on the screen. This means that you can pretty much just stick to patrolling gens and only go for the easy hits that present themselves, as no one is ever going to successfully heal a state anyway without wasting about as much time as a full generator would take.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Vanguard Warden posted:

Oh dear god, I might've hit some particularly bad teams but no-heal Doc seems just brutal;

Doctor with the purple Calm addon plus an Iridescent Queen. Midwich or Game offering for the smallest possible map. Distressing, Sloppy Butcher, Coulrophobia, Unnerving Presence for perks. Only use Static Blast at the start of the match to keep your terror radius big, or if everybody has gone full stealth on you.

As soon as you hit a survivor they might as well be Broken for the rest of the game. ~40 seconds for a normal heal, all their progress gets completely reset by turbo-hemorrhage if they ever pause or get interrupted by a shock from Static Blast or Iridescent Queen partway through (only ~11 seconds to go from 99% to 0%), and healing skill checks are 50% faster with 60% reduced success zones for ~27% the normal window to hit it, on top of the timing being off the norm to throw off people's muscle memory and madness causing skill checks to randomly be backwards or positioned elsewhere on the screen. This means that you can pretty much just stick to patrolling gens and only go for the easy hits that present themselves, as no one is ever going to successfully heal a state anyway without wasting about as much time as a full generator would take.

:staredog: That's too evil even for me, Holy poo poo

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Vanguard Warden posted:

*SLAM QUEUEING AS WAR CRIMES DOCTOR PART 2*

Thank you Doctor Friend!

Trickortreat
Oct 31, 2020
Using an add-on that adds 6 seconds to the blinding effect of the flashlight is a really good way to ensure that I am going to face-camp you until you die. Even if it means I lose the match. I don't care. I managed to grab a survivor who was going in for the rescue, but I dropped them so I could lock in my kill. I thought it would be a 1k game, but I managed to turn it into a 4k game. Turns out altruism kills.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Trickortreat posted:

Using an add-on that adds 6 seconds to the blinding effect of the flashlight is a really good way to ensure that I am going to face-camp you until you die. Even if it means I lose the match. I don't care. I managed to grab a survivor who was going in for the rescue, but I dropped them so I could lock in my kill. I thought it would be a 1k game, but I managed to turn it into a 4k game. Turns out altruism kills.

I've stopped worrying and learned to embrace the camp in several ways recently. Some survivors are so desperate for unhook points that they'll just charge directly into your hook. I've had times when I hooked someone and all three other survivors were just crouchwalking back and forth behind the other side of the wall, not doing gens, just trying to bait me. We both know one of you is going to try and dive it, but if you want to wait around and hope I gently caress off for what, e-bushido? Then your friend is just going to get ate.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Danaru posted:

:staredog: That's too evil even for me, Holy poo poo

Yeah, here I thought my Devour Hope+Plaything+Iridescent Cube Pinhead was bad, but that makes him look like a farming Ghostface in comparison.

Who's everyone's favorite killer to go against? I love Nurses and Huntresses because of my aforementioned practice with either playing them or 1v1ing a friend who plays them. I also really enjoy Billy, he's so cool and so rare. I feel like the only people who play Billy are people who genuinely love to go fast so they're really rarely camping or tunneling, and it's really impressive to watch a Billy who's good at what he does. I always get so hype when I hear a chainsaw and realize it's him.

CuddleCryptid posted:

I've stopped worrying and learned to embrace the camp in several ways recently. Some survivors are so desperate for unhook points that they'll just charge directly into your hook. I've had times when I hooked someone and all three other survivors were just crouchwalking back and forth behind the other side of the wall, not doing gens, just trying to bait me. We both know one of you is going to try and dive it, but if you want to wait around and hope I gently caress off for what, e-bushido? Then your friend is just going to get ate.
This isn't camping, imo. If you have reason to believe a survivor is right there, especially multiple survivors, it's extremely not camping to wait around and try to find them, it's just... advantageous. Even as someone who dislikes tunneling/camping and actively tries to avoid it on killer (because I'm a solo queue survivor main and I feel bad about it due to my own experience), if I have reason to believe someone's right there I'm not going to just leave, lol. And on survivor side, I 100% don't blame a killer who is lingering in the area because my dumbfuck teammates showed their hand too early, including if I'm the one on the hook.

Any time I see my teammates crouching around while the killer is trying to figure out who left those scratch marks I'm just like :sigh: these loving guys are probably going "ew he's camping" over mic right now even though it's entirely their loving fault for not hiding until the killer's terror radius leaves the area

Tiny Myers fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Aug 4, 2022

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

CuddleCryptid posted:

Lots of people, myself included, don't consider it camping if the survivors swarm upon a hook like they are Wu-Tang killer beez immediately upon a survivor being hooked. The killer should not be expected to have a sudden crick in their neck and stare blankly into the sky while survivors act upon whatever weird unwritten rules they have established amongst themselves.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vpa-WHD2ik

Speaking of camping, I intentionally went away from the hook, and this poo poo happens. There needs to be a "ressurrect a killed survivor who got hosed by their team mates" option.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Medullah posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vpa-WHD2ik

Speaking of camping, I intentionally went away from the hook, and this poo poo happens. There needs to be a "ressurrect a killed survivor who got hosed by their team mates" option.

:cripes:

This is why I really like Darkness Revealed. It's great at finding teammates who are hosed off across the map when they're supposed to be rescuing their teammate. Breaks my loving heart watching someone do checks all the way until they die, and the only thing I can do for them is let them rest easy in the knowledge that I killed their teammate instead of them getting hatch. It's hard to take it off now tbh, since I've found so many people that way.

I've often joked that the killer should be able to unhook survivors.

Also, I really want some kind of commendation system where you can kudos one person in the match so they get extra bloodpoints. Would love to be able to say "sorry about your teammate" by kudosing the person who died on hook, or kudos the killer who made sure my lovely teammate hiding in the corner for hatch died.

Dawgstar posted:

Lots of people, myself included, don't consider it camping if the survivors swarm upon a hook like they are Wu-Tang killer beez immediately upon a survivor being hooked. The killer should not be expected to have a sudden crick in their neck and stare blankly into the sky while survivors act upon whatever weird unwritten rules they have established amongst themselves.
Yeah. "Survivor etiquette" exists so that people don't get DELIBERATELY tunneled out of the game immediately, which feels bad for everyone involved except the killer. It came about as a way to encourage people to play in a way that everyone gets a chance to play, as far as I can tell, because BHVR won't put in more concrete measures to prevent it.

But as with any unwritten rule that is community-enforced, some people have stretched it to killers having to say "...I'm just going to pretend I didn't see that" at any mistake that will disadvantage the enemy team. I purposely punish poo poo like unsafe unhooks sometimes specifically because I am so loving tired of survivors thinking they can run up and unhook in my face, even if that means I'm "tunneling" the survivor off hook. They gotta learn somehow.

Tiny Myers fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Aug 4, 2022

Trickortreat
Oct 31, 2020
I should mention literally all three remaining survivors immediately swarmed the hook to try and get the save. Unfortunately for them, I was playing Freddy, so I just set up a little dream snare perimeter around the hook and went to town.

I don't find face camping very fun in most cases, but it gets really interesting when the entire game turns into a can they or can't they get the unhook. In this case, they were not able to. They only had 2 gens remaining, so they could have easily won.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Trickortreat posted:

I don't find face camping very fun in most cases, but it gets really interesting when the entire game turns into a can they or can't they get the unhook. In this case, they were not able to. They only had 2 gens remaining, so they could have easily won.

The two best types of hook divers are the ones where the entire team is diving the hook without even trying to get a single generator running and the ones where they leave one generator in order to extend the game and then all die.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Finally had a team last night actually yell at me in post game for not participating in their hook diving nonsense since I died with no hooks. (cause the two I did unhook immediately ran straight back into the killer to die and gave me no chance to do anything about it.)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Vanguard Warden posted:

Trip report: as maliciously fun as Impossible Doctor. Coulro really feels like a viable perk on default TR killers now, the extra effect is a nice placebo and the heal meta has been running rampant for awhile. Pairing it with Doctor Bullying is :discourse:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Is there an ETA on when the next patch drops?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Is there an ETA on when the next patch drops?

The next major patch is probably when the next chapter drops, so sometime in September?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah I should have specified, I was talking about the Chapter. That's good though, gives me enough time to max out Sadako for the perks then start saving to get Wesker leveled day 1

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
I might have worried about Nurse Quest too soon. I used nothing but my Mad Grit/Forced Penance build tonight, and while there were a couple 1k-2ks, I felt strong all night and hilariously slaughtered a streamer and his/her entourage resulting in incredible salt.

So... Nurse still OP even without addons. Forced Penance build incredibly strong against these coordinated squads. Starstruck scares them off, but these people aren't NASA scientists. They don't understand what's happening if it's not Starstruck, and their trust in their flashlights in the face of Lightborn is alarming.

In conclusion, Forced Penance and Lightborn grants a solid +5 against bullies.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Lightborn is my favorite perk and I will never stop using it. The amount of JUST LOOK AT A WALL! comments I get after the fact is staggering.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Relyssa posted:

Lightborn is my favorite perk and I will never stop using it. The amount of JUST LOOK AT A WALL! comments I get after the fact is staggering.

I generally don't use it but I've been seeing Residual Manifest a lot more often which wrecks any aura reading and Scourge Hook usage, so it's definitely back in rotation if I see 2 or more flashlights.

Not that it matters since the RM users can find a flashlight.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

RM legitimately scares me. I've only been nailed with it once, but I'll never forget. As Nurse, Lightborn works for this purpose: it grants security against that brand of bullying while also not being very sweaty; it's a wasted perk most of the time, so I just run it as part of my "Not being a big meanie" policy.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I'm pretty convinced most of the "Look at a wall!" people are the ones *really* salty they can't flashlight bully for their sick Youtube reel

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

"Just look at the wall 5head" I scream at a killer as I flashlight blind him while he's locked into a pallet breaking animation

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

"Just look at the wall", I joke, knowing as well as the downed survivor does where the hole in it is.

Jolly Guy
Sep 24, 2011
I sometimes regret running Kindred in solo queue, because of the very stupid plays you see. 1 dead, I'm hooked and NOED is active. The other 2 survivors find the totem together, so one starts to cleanse while the other goes for the rescue, awesome! Except they send the double hooked and injured player to rescue, while the 0 hook full health player cleanses.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Medullah posted:

I generally don't use it but I've been seeing Residual Manifest a lot more often which wrecks any aura reading and Scourge Hook usage, so it's definitely back in rotation if I see 2 or more flashlights.

Not that it matters since the RM users can find a flashlight.

If they're bringing a potentially dead perk and spending time digging through chests to try to find a flashlight to make it useful, you're already winning and don't need lightborn.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

maswastaken posted:

"Just look at the wall", I joke, knowing as well as the downed survivor does where the hole in it is.

Don't forget the survivor teams that jump in lockers that have an angle where you can be blinded while locked into the locker grab animation.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm sure this is something everyone in this thread has discussed to death at some point in this games life but I'm really struggling to understand why as the killer I'm "obligated" to throw the game if a survivor d/cs. I can't think of any time survivors have "let" me win under any circumstance even the few games where I got completely owned because I had to answer the door right as the game started so I stood there motionless for a good 4 minutes while they slammed gens. And like, I don't think they should have done anything to help me out there either? It's very strange. I'll give hatch or whatever if I'm feeling merciful in some matches but I never felt like I was doing it because I had to.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Jolly Guy posted:

I sometimes regret running Kindred in solo queue, because of the very stupid plays you see. 1 dead, I'm hooked and NOED is active. The other 2 survivors find the totem together, so one starts to cleanse while the other goes for the rescue, awesome! Except they send the double hooked and injured player to rescue, while the 0 hook full health player cleanses.

Being able to see what your boneheaded teammates are up to while they're not unhooking you is certainly a downside of kindred. If you can't see them you at least have some blissful ignorance.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'm sure this is something everyone in this thread has discussed to death at some point in this games life but I'm really struggling to understand why as the killer I'm "obligated" to throw the game if a survivor d/cs. I can't think of any time survivors have "let" me win under any circumstance even the few games where I got completely owned because I had to answer the door right as the game started so I stood there motionless for a good 4 minutes while they slammed gens. And like, I don't think they should have done anything to help me out there either? It's very strange. I'll give hatch or whatever if I'm feeling merciful in some matches but I never felt like I was doing it because I had to.

You’re not.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

The holy triumvirate of survivor time occupation is to hook somebody, chase somebody, and somebody has to unhook. This leaves a fourth to do gens, ideally. Therefore when you remove somebody from the game by DC or fast kills you reduce team survivors capabilities dramatically because of how much easier it is to occupy their entire team in Not Gens.

You don't have to do anything. It's just nice and polite to at least let the last one go because three people likely didn't have anything to do with their fourth throwing a tantrum because they were first downed. The game can't be repaired and most skill disparities can't cover being down a survivor at 4-5 gens left. It's a normal game if there are 2-3 gens left imo, that's doable as the team dwindles.

I dislike farming gameplay myself and find it super boring so I just play the match normally, roll them in record time and give the last hatch.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

If the survivors want to live then they can fight each other for the hatch, hit them and hook them and don't worry about after game chat.

I get being frustrated but if they want to BM you for something that isn't your fault then you can BM them right back.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe
Lightborn has 4 phases during a typical match:

Phase 1 - If they shine a light at your face, make a big show of moving your head around as if you're dodging that beam. Let them think they almost got you. Then down them using wallhacks.

Phase 2 - Near endgame, stare right at their flashlight as you smash that pallet to pieces. Then down them with wallhacks.

Phase 3 - At end game collapse meet them at the gates. Stare straight into those beemers. It's super satisfying.

Phase 4 - In end game chat listen while at least 2 survivors teach you all about how Lightborn is a wasted perk slot and you're a noob for taking it.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
There's no obligation to do it it just kinda sucks for survivors when it happens, unless it happens on or around death hook then it doesn't matter. Personally I generally don't since that'd take longer than just ending the match and I'd rather not waste my time or everyone's time with generator simulator.

Don't let the fact that some people get a stupid sense of entitlement about it bother you. Those types of players were probably going to be dipshits no matter how the match went.

Relyssa posted:

Being able to see what your boneheaded teammates are up to while they're not unhooking you is certainly a downside of kindred. If you can't see them you at least have some blissful ignorance.

Me, ignorant: Ah I may die on hook here shortly, but as no one else has taken damage I assume that is only because my stalwart team mates are having the chase of their lives.
My teammates: I heard the terror radius two minutes ago and I refuse to leave this bush until the generators are finished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

I let them go when someone DCs at 5 gens.

If someone DCs later than that I just try to wrap it up as quickly as possible without undo cruelty.