Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Just had the weirdest game with a bunch of Fengs that seemed to be intentionally feeding each other to the killer, and I noticed that I got no medal for Benevolence despite picking up and healing them while they were downed multiple times. Does every player get penalized when someone does an unsafe hook? Because that's what the score screen seemed to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Vengarr posted:

Legion is surprisingly flexible. Lot of different builds will work with them.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m2fub6TX800

Here’s an example of a wildly unconventional build that somehow works really well.

I can't believe I forgot about this video, it's one of the ones that got me to play and appreciate legion in the first place, though I still can't do that move otz does where he so perfectly blocks survivors as the post frenzy stun wears.

rydiafan posted:

I will never run Legion without Thanatophobia. You can get all four survivors injured in 10 seconds, and then they're boned. They either deal with a minus 20% repair speed for the rest of the game, or they waste a bunch of time healing up just for you to injure all of them in 10 seconds again. Even if you had Pop, I think this is better.

For the fourth, Undying will pair well with 3rd Seal, now that stacks don't reset.

I obviously did not understand how thanatophobia worked with mend/bleed stuff. I think I'll run it with pop or maybe go spicy and do Thrill because usually unless it gets cleared right at the start, it stays up the whole game.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
Raging_Ryuga is one of the best Legions around period, and he has a ton of advice in his guides.

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?

Cease to Hope posted:

Raging_Ryuga is one of the best Legions around period, and he has a ton of advice in his guides.

Thanks for this! I'm bad at the game but I like to play it to chill and stabby stab, and Legion is one of the best at stabby stab. I wasn't aware of this person and am excited to watch their content.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
I also posted a decent guide on how to Legion a while back

Cease to Hope posted:

someone asked in discord how to legion so i typed this

Legion is a stock standard M1 killer[...]

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

They've extended the New Year event by another week, including the 50k daily BP.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Also Legion's Iri Button addon is hilarious and you should use it for getting everyone to pre-drop pallets, then Kool Aid Manning through all of them

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Pyrolocutus posted:

They've extended the New Year event by another week, including the 50k daily BP.

Sure I'll take another week of more bloodpoints than usual, though I feel a little silly for trying to dump all my envelopes last night

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

New Survivor preview?

https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1364968660360716294

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Its weird watching DBD post teasers like its a real game with real fans. They will release the new content with 10000000 bugs and squander all their hype as usual.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
*Top BHVR Meeting*

We've ruined the animations along with several maps.

We've shot matchmaking in the dick.

Our new interface looks like it was designed by a drunk preschooler.

Our new killer is still a complete joke despite massive public play testing.

What's next on the hit list?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1365331002856505352

temple
Jul 29, 2006

The cool part (the rewind) isn't actually intended and is a bug.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

DJC2021 is a 100k bp code.

Also played some Nurse today, got the 2 chain blink objective, but I'm not 100% certain what I was doing wrong with the chain blink since I hosed up a couple times. Do I need to hold the blink button after blinking or did I just miss the window? (Using kb+m).

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Pyrolocutus posted:

Also played some Nurse today, got the 2 chain blink objective, but I'm not 100% certain what I was doing wrong with the chain blink since I hosed up a couple times. Do I need to hold the blink button after blinking or did I just miss the window? (Using kb+m).

to chain blink you just blink then do the same hold and release again to do it a 2nd time, but you only have like 1.5 seconds before fatigue kicks in from the first blink to do so

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Basically never shoot for full distance from the second blink. It's about 12m max but eyeballing that even with plaid patch will get you stunned more often than not.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Pyrolocutus posted:

Start holding at any point during the blink. When the screen flashes white you have about a half a second to let go and blink again or you go into fatigue.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

I've been playing so much Legion this weekend. I kept getting different ideas for experimentation but unfortunately my attempts at making stuff work weren't all good. In the end, I did end up happening upon a few good combos, but discordance/thanatophobia/x/x is still the backbone. Save the best for last seems to be very feast or famine. Hex: Third Eye Blind seems to give me a good amount of value too. Thrilling tremors and Corrupt intervention are another good duo alongside. I should start using thanatophobia on Plague too.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Quote still not edit in tyool 2021

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I thought I would have more trouble with the Nurse archive than I did, but turns out if you blunder around long enough survivors start being shits and click flashlights right in your face. Blink, smack, done

Now sacrificing someone specifically during Endgame Collapse, that's probably going to require breaking out the good old Insidious Bubba. Usually if things get to the endgame there aren't any stragglers, just a bunch of people teabagging at the finish line

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Feb 28, 2021

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

DeathChicken posted:

I thought I would have more trouble with the Nurse archive than I did, but turns out if you blunder around long enough survivors start being shits and click flashlights right in your face. Blink, smack, done

Now sacrificing someone specifically during Endgame Collapse, that's probably going to require breaking out the good old Insidious Bubba. Usually if things get to the endgame there aren't any stragglers, just a bunch of people teabagging at the finish line

Endgame collapse saccing isn't that hard you just chase someone while the gens are all done for a bit then camp the poo poo out of the hook once the exit gates are opened. The worse the game goes for you the more likely that one is to proc, honestly. If you do too well you're stuck with beating the last survivor to the hatch and then catching them on an exit gate if you manage the first part.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Run Whispers and/or play Trapper, luck into a group of average players or good ones who make a lot of mistakes, spot the hatch around 1-2 gens left. Whispers makes exit gate play really hard for the survivor and if you've got Trapper chops they can't win if you trap the gates with hatch closed.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Wraith with purple all seeing makes it pretty easy to keep tabs on people. Go hard and off however many people then just sort of peace out for the last few gens.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

My new favorite Survivor trick is running Spine Chill/Red Herring/Repressed Alliance. Killer gets near, I block the gen and run off to a locker. Killer runs to the gen and visibly goes "Uh..."

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I used think I could do some 300iq plays with red herring. Not actually what happened.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Who doesn't love a good lure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epHtgtwWutY

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I knew I was doing something right with this combo when I caught a Trapper with it, he downed me and then lost four gens furiously smacking me on the hook :v:

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
PTR patch notes are up!

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/277-4-6-0-ptb

quote:

Features
Added a new Killer - The Trickster
Added a new Survivor - Yun-Jin Lee
Added a setting to change the privacy of the party
Added the Chat Filter feature
Added an error message when a user fails to add a friend because he has too many friends
PatchNotesDividerSmolWhite.png
Content
The Blight

Adjusted his first person animations and camera position to be higher up
Reworked the collision detection for his power. It should now be consistent with basic attack obstruction and no longer result in sliding off various surfaces.
The Wraith

Increased his cloaked move speed
Decreased his move speed while uncloaking
Reduced the Windstorm addon move speed bonuses to compensate for the above speed changes
Removed the uncloaking move speed penalties from the Windstorm addons
Accessibility

Colorblind modes have been added and can be accessed VIA the Options menu.
Perks

Decisive Strike - Now deactivates when performing certain actions that are not part of evading the Killer
HUD

Increased the visibility and size of the negative status effect timer fill.
Made adjustments to the player status timer bar to be more accurate and added back the glows to indicate when the timer bar is paused or requires attention.
Improved performance.
Menus

Updated the accept and cancel buttons on Friend and Group requests to have a greater visual difference.
Visual Update

Visual Update for the main Lobby, Store and Tally
PatchNotesDivider.png
Bug Fixes
Fixed a crash in the initial interaction screen.
Fixed a crash in the Play as Killer lobby that could occur when repeatedly holding the Ready button to cancel the search.
Fixed an issue that prevented Killers to drop on top of the chairs in Ormond's chalet.
Fixed an issue that could cause a crash when using Victor to pounce on a survivor as they exit the trial.
Fixed an issue that could cause Victor to stay stuck inside the hills unique to the Red Forest maps.
Fixed an issue that caused the infected VFX behind the survivor icon to not be fully completed when the Survivor is affected by Broken status effect.
Fixed an issue that could cause Survivors to remain standing until they move when downed from a Deep Wound status.
Fixed an issue that caused Killers and Survivors to be seen floating in certain spots on hills in Asylum maps.
Fixed an issue that caused the Survivor’s health bar to no longer flash when the timer is paused.
Fixed an issue that could cause the Trail of Punishment of the Damned sound effect to keep playing even if no trails were left behind.
Fixed an issue that caused Survivor to not stay on the ground after dying status animation has occurred
Fixed an issue that could cause players to spawn inside a collision (therefore not being able to move) when loading into the Dead Dawg Saloon map
Fixed an issue that could prevent repairing a generator from the light post side in Grim Pantry
Fixed an issue that could prevent Survivor health bars from being visually accurate (bar would appear empty before Survivor dies).
Fixed an issue that caused the item's icon on the ground to overlap with the progress bar when equipped with some specific items (only if the In-Game HUD scale is 85% or lower).
Switch only:

Fixed an issue where selecting an Archive cinematic would briefly play a few frames of the last previously viewed cinematic.
Fixed a crash that may occur when holding both buttons to switch between Survivors in Spectator Mode.
Stadia only:

Fixed an issue with the UI prompts showing for a wrong platform when using a keyboard and a controller.
PatchNotesDivider.png
Known Issues
Victor can get stuck in the Basement hook and cannot pounce on survivors
The Nurse may become unable to do any actions after a Blink Grab
Survivors do not generate Killer Instinct when interacting with the Demogorgon's Portal
Survivors will clip inside the environment or float during some interactions
Survivors do not look back smoothly when crouching near a wall or asset
Hex: Ruin does not automatically regress generators
Projectiles go through pallets
Oni's sword 'Yamaoka Blade' appears to stretch erratically from a distance
Ammo Items in lockers do not spawn unless the Trickster is present in a match. When playing as other Killers, the locker is empty.

vvv They're amazing, interesting perks too!

Hugoon Chavez fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Mar 2, 2021

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I LOVE THE NEW KILLER/SURVIVOR LOOKS :allears:

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Adjusted his first person animations and camera position to be higher up
Reworked the collision detection for his power. It should now be consistent with basic attack obstruction and no longer result in sliding off various surfaces.

HUGE

Ruzihm fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Mar 2, 2021

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Known Issues

Hex: Ruin does not automatically regress generators

How are BHVR so bad at everything?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

New killer's power seems interesting, especially with the add-ons they get that do things like "the more blades you hit with the more Laceration they do" and "blades ricochet off the environment". Also that you can still move (at normal speed?) while throwing. It's like Fiddly Huntress.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I swear I'm not gay but dbd is testing me.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

temple posted:

I swear I'm not gay but dbd is testing me.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Ok nevermind, having watched a stream of him the killer is like Hilarious Plague instead of Fiddly Huntress. The flurry is insanely funny and the fully charged version is absolutely rude.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Sorry if this is obvious but is the Joker the inspiration for this killer?

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Ok nevermind, having watched a stream of him the killer is like Hilarious Plague instead of Fiddly Huntress. The flurry is insanely funny and the fully charged version is absolutely rude.

:stwoon:

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

He looks more like a K-Pop superstar than The Joker.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Yeah, I get a k-pop Ichi the Killer vibe from his whole everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Yeah, I get a k-pop Ichi the Killer vibe from his whole everything.

https://twitter.com/Polygon/status/1366789677311754248