Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

His Laceration meter(s) look like they should really update the UI again to make it more visible (it's a chunky bar around each portrait, but given how hard to ready half the UI is already, good luck).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
yo gently caress this new killer, they're finally fixing Blight's POV and making Wraith's Windstorm base (again). I do wonder by how much though.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

To me the most interesting thing about this new killer is that it looks like his knives don't grant survivors the usual speed boost for losing a health state, meaning you can effectively do the plague trick of "corner them, vomit until they're injured, slap 'em for the down".

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Arzaac posted:

To me the most interesting thing about this new killer is that it looks like his knives don't grant survivors the usual speed boost for losing a health state, meaning you can effectively do the plague trick of "corner them, vomit until they're injured, slap 'em for the down".

trickster's trick

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
What's so tricky about him anyway?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

temple posted:

What's so tricky about him anyway?

He can rock a rhyme that's right on time

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Starstruck + Mad Grit + Agitation :allears: Maybe iron grasp too but I think I'm good enough at steering to do without.

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

TGLT posted:

yo gently caress this new killer, they're finally fixing Blight's POV and making Wraith's Windstorm base (again). I do wonder by how much though.

Don't forget the nerf to DS.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Tormented posted:

Don't forget the nerf to DS.

Now we just need that Objection of Obsession nerf they proposed. I really wish it didn't take them so god drat long to fix anything, but seeing as Nurse grabs and Ruin broke I imagine every minor tweak means 10 new bugs.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

And I like that the new killer is a regular human. Not even a mask either. Makes him scarier in a way.

https://twitter.com/guud_night/status/1366794447502020610

kazz
Feb 27, 2007

Black Bean has a tendency to stare and likes to hide.

Arzaac posted:

I played a couple games as both killer and survivor, and survivors do get the speed boost when injured from the throwing knives.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

every trial involving the new killer is just the entity collecting fancam footage

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I'm loving the Trickster so far... :allears:

I also love that he laughs when a Survivor DCs.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
jokester's tricky time prank
https://i.imgur.com/qQKMW9X.mp4

edit: Not letting him store his meter once it fills up is a weird choice. Like it's pretty short lived and it's no Blood Fury. I wonder if that'll be a buff they toss him if they decide he needs one.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Mar 2, 2021

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
I think he has a great design overall.

I also like the Survivor too.

My only complaints are the already existing problems.

That's honestly a godsend for something Behavior is doing.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Oh my god the Wraith buff, I missed that was happening :unsmith: my bing bong boy is finally getting some help

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

This guy is having a normal one.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
I've never seen a more closeted post in all my years.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
i mean they basically dropped most of spirit's design into the dumpster so she could show her rear end and have jiggly bandaged titties, but yeah the only time they've done anything for sex appeal is the hot guy

Danaru posted:

Oh my god the Wraith buff, I missed that was happening :unsmith: my bing bong boy is finally getting some help

Yeah it's pretty good. Looks on par with a green or purple windstorm being basekit, so you can now use other addons. Or keep using it because gently caress it more speed.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

That's certainly a unique take...

Orv
May 4, 2011

Pyrolocutus posted:

They're putting the hot murder boys in the K-pop to make us gay, obviously.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
this is what happens when you don't have Decisive Strike to focus the anger of a community

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Pyrolocutus posted:

Incidentally this is the exact thing you'd see in Act 3 of a slasher movie as the Big Reveal to who the slasher's identity is

A really lovely slasher movie, but it still works. Nobody says poo poo like "wet panties and engorged organs" without having some kind of complex

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I'm all for the Jojo man being the new killer, and I will be pleased to purchase his DLC for a small sum of American currency.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I want a halloween version of him where he wears cheap bunny ears and throws tiny hatchets.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
I mean they should since right now the general opinion is he's just huntress who needs to hit you more to do anything. I hope he gets the Ghostface treatment and comes out the PTB a decent killer because it's at least a neat concept. edit: At the very least they could make the ricochet effect base (without the double damage bonus) so there's at least situations he can do his poo poo where Huntress and Deathslinger can't.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Mar 3, 2021

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

TGLT posted:

I mean they should since right now the general opinion is he's just huntress who needs to hit you more to do anything. I hope he gets the Ghostface treatment and comes out the PTB a decent killer because it's at least a neat concept. edit: At the very least they could make the ricochet effect base (without the double damage bonus) so there's at least situations he can do his poo poo where Huntress and Deathslinger can't.
If I'm understanding this Starstruck perk right, teabagging body blockers get tummy time.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Yeah except they get exposed the moment they step into your terror radius, at least from what I can tell, so they probably won't go for the bodyblock unless they're really suicidal. It seems more like a snowball perk - pair with Infectious Fright and just pick up then drop whoever to go hunting.

It is nice that none of his perks look out and out bad, even if the boy himself needs work.

edit: Went ahead and timed it out, it takes roughly the same amount of time to ready your knives (~1.15s) as it does for Huntress to ready her hatchets (~1.25s), and then ~2.2s to throw 8 knives compared to 3s to fully charge a hatchet. And you don't need to fully charge a hatchet, and unless you're right on them it's pretty hard hitting with 8 knives in a row. Only takes about half a second to unready the knives versus Huntress's 2s. His time to down is theoretically faster, but the windup means you can't react like Deathslinger, the accuracy means you can't do long range sniping like Huntress, and the passive laceration drain means you've just wasted your time if they get away or get anywhere you can't use your knives.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Mar 3, 2021

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Nessus posted:

I'm all for the Jojo man being the new killer, and I will be pleased to purchase his DLC for a small sum of American currency.

I am excite for getting this killer and going all mudamudamuda on Survivors.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I...think I need to put the game down for awhile

https://twitter.com/fumangoo/status/1366942573668016130

Orv
May 4, 2011
Well good to see they got that moon ethernet in.

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

Danaru posted:

Incidentally this is the exact thing you'd see in Act 3 of a slasher movie as the Big Reveal to who the slasher's identity is

A really lovely slasher movie, but it still works. Nobody says poo poo like "wet panties and engorged organs" without having some kind of complex

The hot k-pop killer is making him feel things and he doesn't like it.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

TGLT posted:

the passive laceration drain means you've just wasted your time if they get away or get anywhere you can't use your knives.

They should get rid of this mechanic.

It obviously is just the so he can't hit survivors 7 times and then leave them ready for an easy down later, but we've been living with Ghost Face 99ing people until now just fine.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
poo poo, you wipe laceration if you regular hit them so you can't even melee into one knife. They'd have to just refuse to heal. It'd be fine if they swapped out the passive drain for a mend action that took longer the more knives in you or something, then at least you're trading commitment for time.

Ah well, I'm hopeful. Like Ghostface in the PTB, it's not too hard to see how he can be improved to at least be competitive with the rest of the ranged killers.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Mar 3, 2021

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Orv posted:

They're putting the hot murder boys in the K-pop to make us gay, obviously.

It’s working

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Pyrolocutus posted:

"im not gay! im not gay!!", i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a rage boner

Orv
May 4, 2011

temple posted:

It’s working

:hmmyes:

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

TGLT posted:

poo poo, you wipe laceration if you regular hit them so you can't even melee into one knife. They'd have to just refuse to heal.

To clarify, you'd be staging them for knife than melee, not the other way around.

Hypothetical toxic snowball way to play Trickster if lacerations didn't decay:

1) Hit all the survivors with 7 knives. They are now stuck one knife away from injured, and since they aren't injured yet they can't heal.

2) Down a survivor. Slug them.

3) Find the next survivor (Infectious Fright recommended), hit them with a single knife to injure them, then immediately down them with M1. Slug them.

4) Repeat step 3 until everyone is down. Hook 'em all.

I'm 100% certain decaying lacerations exist only to stop this. But, again, Ghost Face can do the exact same thing by 99ing everyone.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

rydiafan posted:

To clarify, you'd be staging them for knife than melee, not the other way around.

Hypothetical toxic snowball way to play Trickster if lacerations didn't decay:

1) Hit all the survivors with 7 knives. They are now stuck one knife away from injured, and since they aren't injured yet they can't heal.

2) Down a survivor. Slug them.

3) Find the next survivor (Infectious Fright recommended), hit them with a single knife to injure them, then immediately down them with M1. Slug them.

4) Repeat step 3 until everyone is down. Hook 'em all.

I'm 100% certain decaying lacerations exist only to stop this. But, again, Ghost Face can do the exact same thing by 99ing everyone.

Ghostface would have to have his power cool down 3 times to do that though, it ends on hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Blasmeister posted:

Ghostface would have to have his power cool down 3 times to do that though, it ends on hit.

Aww crap, you're right.

Man, it's so frustrating because I get why the mechanic exists, but it's really limiting his playstyle. You are forced to commit to a chase way more than any other killer is, because if you hit somebody 7 times and they get away, all that time was completely wasted. Compare that to Plague, who even if she only half infects you before giving up has at least made progress.

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Mar 3, 2021