Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I've been playing Blight since he came out and hoo golly, 28 levels later he's finally starting to see Barbecue & Chili, and the sparks are really starting to fly.

Isn't gonna make that "Hit 6 Lethal Rushes in one round" rift challenge any easier though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Meridian posted:

I am the garbage killer that doesn't play a killer until I have unlocked the build I want for them first. Not having the core perks and running up against good players sucks any fun out of the match.
I'm the garbage killer who's had the game for years, hardly plays, and has most people at level 1 except a Leatherface at 35 to unlock BBQ&Chili, so I definitely have about 1 out of every 3 or 4 games where my rank 15 rear end is up against single-digit rank survivors with full loadouts. You get used to it!

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

The good news is that there's a solid chunk of rift XP and bloodpoints in the new Rift just for engaging with the Visceral Canker mechanic as a survivor (just another channeled interactable, guaranteed to spawn on your maps until you finish it each time you take it), and just doing the Canker itself gives you like 4k BP.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

PMush Perfect posted:

Huntress! Huck a hatchet at them for spite.
The nice thing about Blight is that you can pinball around and swat them in the face when they do that.

Wondering if it works with a Mori now

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

The only appeal to chat, for me, is when the one random a-dozen-ranks-below-his-allies survivor gets away and in post game you can say "Why'd you let them die Steve? They were counting on you."

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Killers should be able to see 1 perk each survivor has for every 5 ranks down the survivor is.

Yes, this means if I get queued up into a 12, 16, 4, 8, I should be able to see 1, 0, 3, 2 of their perks in the lobby, and also know generally who I'm dealing with rank-wise.

Survivors should not get anything additional.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Otz is amazing, after watching this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKQXO7yFbLA

I pulled off 3 4-sac games in a row.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

rydiafan posted:

Hot take: With how many perks there are in the game now, they should eliminate perk ranks. As is, you're incentivized not to unlock midteir teachable perks to avoid clogging your webs, which leaves you unable to experiment with them. If perks had a single level, you'd unlock three perks in the time it currently takes to fully unlock one, so it wouln't feel as bad when a "garbage" one shows up.

Discuss.
Considering that every survivor I queue into has all purple perks now while I'm still trying to claw at rank 2 of a lot of poo poo: Strong agree.

Also take like half the "burn this to make it be this map" offerings from the bloodweb, they suck, I hate them.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Just had a game on noted terrible map meat plant, where every survivor was playing Jake with the same cosmetics. It was awful except that I got a kill and ended the round by asking "is it racist to say you all look alike?"

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Other than being unable to keep track of who had been hooked and how many times, the worst part was just that I've done meat plant like twice and I kept getting lost in the basement and getting caught in loop chases. I generally hate multi-floor maps (might start dodging Hawkins lab and see what happens).

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

If I hadn't watched this immediately before the 4 Jake game I would probably be tearing my eyes out right now. As it stands, I got both a daily AND a rift quest done, so, win.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Evil Kit posted:

For all the other stuff you've posted, the amount of skill in this game tied to just experience and learning maps/perks/killers is pretty insane. The Game is a pretty heavily killer sided map, and the others you've mentioned are all pains in the rear end till you learn them for either side and success is really tied to how well you know any given map after a certain point.
Okay, then give me matchmaking that doesn't put me up against people who've clearly put in the hours to get (based on their perks) at least 3 other characters to levels 30-40 and are half my rank, because it's real hard to learn a map when they've gotten 2 gens down before I've gotten my first hook. Doesn't really make me want to play enough to learn at that point.

Also the Deviousness challenge is definitely bugged, since I've done multiple rounds tonight where I got 5-8k D and watched less than 1k of that end up credited on the progress bar (so it's not even like it's getting multiplied by BBQ&Chili and an offering and then only counting base, something's off).

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I understand that you're trying to be helpful but I replied to a post with this video in it, about watching this video, on the previous page. Sometimes people just want to complain and aren't asking for your feedback.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

A thing to keep in mind when playing into Leatherface is that he's almost definitely going to be running BBQ & Chili (which honestly most killers will, but since it starts in his web it's safe to assume any given one you run into WILL have it from level 1 on). What this means is that whenever he gets a hook, if you're more than 40 meters from the hook he'll see your aura for 4 seconds.
So you have two options once you hear the 'survivor downed' audio sting and once you see them getting picked up:
1. Sprint over there then crouch and try to stay within the range where it won't reveal your aura.
2. Get ready to either sprint in a direction and then stop and double back after counting to 4, or kneel in one spot, count to 2, crouch and scuttle in one direction for a few more seconds then sprint the other way

If he's paying attention to where other survivors are when he's hooking people, you can either make him waste time trying to chase you where you aren't (which means you don't even have to engage with dodging him!), or you're practicing ghosting a killer to get a fast unhook for your allies (which then gives him a target to chase instead of you, bonus).

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Danaru posted:

I honestly forget BBQ does this all the time, even if it just doubled BP I'd still always run it
It is the only teachable perk I have unlocked, which is a good way to keep everything it does top-of-mind.

rydiafan posted:

3. Get in a locker during the hooking.
4. Get behind a generator during the hooking, because it hides your aura.
Oh good call on these! The generator one is tricky because if you don't have the angle just right, you look like a lumpy generator, which is as good as running around waving your hands. Love to chase down lumpy generators.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I like what Otz says in his starter killer video about tunneling and chases: Decide what you're trying to get out of the next 15 seconds of the game whenever you start a chase. Is it downing the survivor? Is it driving them towards a gen you were going to investigate or kick anyway? Is it funneling them towards other survivors?

In light of that, it seems like the only time you could plausibly call something "tunneling" is if you focus one survivor to the detriment of your success on the map as a whole (like chasing one person past a gen with 3 survivors on it and not stopping to land some hits and a kick), kind of like it's only reasonably hook camping if you're standing there swatting a hanger while gens get finished, only slugging if you're just putting people on the ground and never, ever hooking them even when you've got nothing better going on nearby, etc.

However I do believe sincerely that if a survivor is trying to body-block a hook while you're carrying a body then they should be downed by the first time you swing anywhere near them.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Folks I just had a perfect (well, -2k because the last survivor ragequit when I hooked them) Ghost Face game and I think I'm in love. I had the perfect "lean around a tree, mark 3 of them in a single Stalk channel" while they were working on a gen that I even stopped. Get to post-game and it's the exact "rank is meaningless" thing people were talking about earlier---I'm 14, I was against a 4, 12, 20, 17 (the 17 is the quitter). Good poo poo. Good poo poo.

Ghost Face question: is there a reason to NOT go around crouched at all times if I'm not in a chase?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

It's me, I'm the awful Hag to play against. I just had a game where I Devour Hope killed the first survivor, phantasm popped and hooked the second, and then spent like 10 minutes trying to figure out where the other two were (it was on Yamaoka Estate so I think they were just crouching in bamboo?) and then finally, blissfully, got the last two hooks. God what an amazing power instant teleporting is against a group that didn't bring any flashlights.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Pyrolocutus posted:

That is an option but I've heard that one of the primary ways to detect a hatch is to listen for a wind sort of sound :negative:
Yeah, once it's open there's a loud vmmmm-WHOOOOOOOOSH kind of sound coming out of it, if you play the game with headphones you can usually find it from a fair distance, though it's not made quieter by walls or obstacles so sometimes you'll end up having to figure out your way around some stuff while not letting the survivor get there first.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

If you like playing Leatherface right now, ride that wave to level 35 so you can get BBQ&Chili as a teachable perk that will show up in other killers' trees. At that point you can just play/level up anybody and have a chance of getting it to show up in their bloodweb, at which point, hey now bonus BP are within that killer's grasp as well.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

And speaking of $2.50 on sale, here's the $2.50 on sale Ghost Face direct link on Humble Store.

The real tragedy here is that none of the Scream movies are streaming on any service worth a drat this October.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

My only complaint about Freddy is that every time I play him I realize about halfway through the match that I would rather just be playing Hag, but I accept that that's a personal weakness and not anything bad about the character.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I love Blight but I hate the "6 lethal rushes in one round" challenge, because honestly, in a given round I'm probably going to have 2 or 3 good opportunities to LR someone and a half dozen more times where I should probably just run at them normally.

Also did you know: You can rush at the corn and get hung up on it, such that you glitch in place and burn all your charges until you hit the reset animation? It's true!

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

One thing that really makes survivors mad is telling them in post game "Decisive Strike gets the slug" because you know what? They do.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

On the one hand I feel for them in terms of it being the first year they've done it that way, but on the other, the best-looking of the hideous skins are still things that make your killer glow bright "hey check me out while I get 0 kills" orange. As cool as the melty Ghost Face is, I just feel like your power may as well be greyed out when you have that skin on.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

The only time I'd not run BBQ & Chili on a killer (if I've gotten it on them at all) is if I absolutely, positively MUST run a very specific loadout for my match for some reason. But if you're just playing this game to have fun and get points it is a top 10 fun perk and a top 1 point perk.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

TGLT posted:

More or less correct. Pyramid Head gets a special execution if you meet the right conditions and Myers has two add-ons that lets him do it, but otherwise you need to use one of the three mori offerings.
Hag also has the Hex: Devour Hope. It gets a token every time someone is unhooked a certain distance away from you. At 5 tokens you can kill with your bare hands.

This is also, as I finally realized last week, why you'll get "As the Hag, kill a survivor by your own hand" daily ritual, specifically.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Tormented posted:

This doesn't count as a hook while Pyramid Head's does.
Ah, we might be thinking of different things because when I've gotten the one I'm talking about, it's definitely counted when I chomped someone as Hag.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

God drat people get mad when you lose them in the tall grass while you're successfully chasing and hooking two other people instead of letting them run through an open exit door. But say it with me class: Decisive Strike gets the slug.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I'm never going to get the "6 Lethal Rush Hits in one match" rift challenge done. I have to accept this.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

DeathChicken posted:

I'm suspecting for the Blight challenge I'm going to have to bring in Insidious, down someone and then park my hunchback rear end behind a tree or something nearby. Bring on the DMs wishing for my death
I'm coming around to the idea that the Blight challenge is basically going to be "have one good match with literally any killer and any playstyle instead" in terms of BP.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Evil Kit posted:

Pinball Wizard Alchemist is probably the weirdest killer power to wrap your head around hands down. You need a decent chunk of practice and futzing around with it in addition to map and tile knowledge. I actually had no troubles with the challenges ( :smugdog: ) but I've practiced Blight quite a bit on PBE and after launch. Totally understandable if you don't even bother trying them though, he's a real pain to learn.
Oh don't get me wrong I like playing Blight a ton, it's just that in a given match a lot of the maps don't give you a better opportunity to ricochet and Lethal Rush someone 6 times in a match when you could just juke them in a chase or get a lunge around a turn. It's a case of having to decide if I'm better off playing for the specific challenge or playing to actually do well in the match.

And the challenge after it (Lethal Rush someone after 4 bounces) is a ton easier to do, since if you're using your rushes to cross the map anyway you'll probably end up getting that one on a survivor you caught on a gen once or twice a round.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

One thing I will say that I appreciate Blight's power for is when you realize a loop isn't going anywhere just noping out of it at mach 5 to go cane some folks off a generator. Second only to Hag or Nightmare for the ability to decide you're tired of being somewhere.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Which map is worse, Hawkins or Midwich/Silent Hill?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

The only stairs I want to take in this game are those to and from the basement, and that informs my feelings on all maps.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Tried Pyramid Head, I'm very bad at him.

Tried Doctor, had 2 matches where everyone got away and then 3 in a row where no one did. I love how well he absolutely shits on people for attempting to loop.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Studio posted:

Well, you can loop against Doctor, quite effectively. You just can't be as greedy about a pallet drop or go for a stun. He's actually better at punishing unsafe pallet drops
What should I watch out for with survivors trying to loop me as Doctor? As it stands, I was just M2'ing them a few times to build up Madness and then loving off to chase someone else once they got into hallucinating levels.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

CuddleCryptid posted:

Tbh don't worry about your rank. It doesn't really mean anything, and getting matched with really high ranked people just leads to extremely sweaty matches. Enjoy farming blood points and getting into the flow, and you'll rise in ranks naturally over time.

If you want to know what higher ranks are like, just imagine being flashlight beam blinded for 98% of the match and then the survivors bitching afterwards that it wasn't 99%
Also if you get 4 kills and you aren't Otz, expect to learn new slurs from the survivors in postgame chat.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Orv posted:

It's not hardly an insurmountable problem but I thought "You know I should start playing DbD again after this break from it Blight looks like my jam I bet I have enough shards!"

8,890 with todays login reward. :argh:
Then tomorrow's login rewards will suit you nicely, friend!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

God, Bloodhunt is so good. Ended up getting over 100k points from a good Cannibal round between raw points, BBQ, an offering, a daily ritual, and the hunt doubler.