Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

one less spooky myers map :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

tithin posted:

God drat there's some broken assed people who play this game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae-QExYZ4WE

bear in mind this is off a 1 kill with me as Wraith, old mate cracked it because I killed him

i can't even read anything in this

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

but jonathan byers

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

saddest part is no robin skin for nancy ever like someone on reddit pointed out

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Varinn posted:

feels weird to post that after they reveal a relatively unique and interesting killer

tbh it doesn't fix the fact that even if they release a cool new killer that the game has so much jank every time that is rarely helped by the ptb, on top of questionable design decisions in the first place (trying to get mmr to work in a game like this, no devs that actually play the game at more than yellow rank to know what the game is like) consoles are still busted to play on and you get to see those one inch dead hards everywhere

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

can i just get a survivor game where i don't get relentlessly tunneled

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

level cheryl

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

'lol petitions' or w/e but otz created a petition so console players don't suffer so much: https://www.change.org/p/behaviour-interactive-bhvr-please-add-a-low-graphic-setting-for-consoles-in-dbd

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Doomykins posted:

The real mystery is why DbD doesn't have graphical options by degrees or advanced options. You could fine tune things a lot better then "do you want the map textures to be low, medium or high?" DbD isn't a game that'd really be broken if you were making the characters/crows/hooks into PS3 era 3d models or removing character shadows. You could also dumb down some killer map assets, though not something like Trapper traps.

you used to be able to but some options gave advantages.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

laugh track when zombies hit a survivor

nemesis' other addons are so trivial the i exclusively run the zombies buff ones

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Medullah posted:

Don't forget hot tub streaming Feng for your weeabo peeps

what

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

afaik the sale on the chapter itself is going until they pull the dlc

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

sbmm is gonna make it impossible for people to play some killers period

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i dunno i have my doubts this system is going to let a legion get kills in the mid tier of players

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

in the end this is just going to push people to run the most tryhard perk setups if they can't get kills and you're just going to see ruin undying all the time again and facecamping/tunneling even more

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

King Cohort posted:

How exactly is this any different from 90% of red rank matches right now?

the red rank part

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Ape Agitator posted:

I think the idea behind the concern is that you get such a grab bag now of skill levels so that a lot of killers can run non-optimal builds and still get kills because every third match it'll give them bad players. So they have enough fun that they don't need to tune their build.

Without the random bad matchups, those builds fail every match and the killer never has the fun of success every third match. So they turn to the meta builds to get a little more fun out of the game. But everything gets more generic and sweatier because of it. It's far more fair and consistent for sure, but if you're going in with your Monstrous Shrine build expect ten matches in a row of people who won't fall for it.

yeah this is basically it, if you run non meta perks to do something different, well, good luck winning

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i've stumbled into learning sabo bond breakout builds are insanely fun

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

this fuckin sucks

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

oh man apparently the game crashes if you kill two people as pinhead

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

fool of sound posted:

oh gross rpd is already back

they didn't even mention it was reenabled in the patch notes lol

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

they should've embraced that people love the voice lines because they own

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

clive barker seems pretty chill

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i dropped from the main window of crotus chapel down onto a nurse picking up a survivor directly beneath it and threw my flashbang and got the save. it'll happen 1 in 100 times but drat it felt badass

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

DeathChicken posted:

As distasteful as I find Scott Jund after getting his wife's cousin's sister who works at Behavior to fire Fog Whisperers he doesn't like

lol

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

the rights holders actually believe that pinhead's lines weren't sexy enough and are forcing bhvr to put sex in the game as punishment

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

also i didn't think about it the first time but the trailer with dwight stumbling on the cube in the basement is pinhead taking him to leviathan's realm lol

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

he's complaining about the kerfuffle that ended with bhvr re-evaluating whether they want truetalent to be a fogwhisperer

the reason it happened in the first place is dumb but true is lame so w/e

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

in the end all he's losing out on is auric cells and i'm pretty sure his viewerbase is fine

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Philthy posted:

Nah, one of the lead designers streams on Twitch all the time playing killers.

if you mean Maclean he wasn't a lead designer and he's not at behavior anymore as of recently

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

oops my game crashed mysteriously after the survivors did a Haddonfield offering while i'm still getting the hang of blight

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

because they're entirely cosmetic now and it's for showing off

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

French Accent posted:

Rank reset means I get to do a whole bunch of adept challenges :toot:

I mean, there's no reason why you would need to wait for reset anymore

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

wow i had no idea merciless was tied to pipping versus your emblem quality in general. what a weird function

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

blast mine was a lot more common when the RE dlc was new but you barely see it anymore

i'm glad those survivors were having fun with a different perk

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i bestow upon you dead hard decisive strike borrowed time iron will gamers until the end of time. begone!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

yeah it's probably up there with those two. unbreakable is also probably more annoying

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

spaghetti code!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1442512661166661635

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

"How does NOED work with Boon Totems? Well the most survivor-beneficial way of course"

nice repost :colbert: