Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Just started playing DBD. Currently maining Claudette and Trapper because I'm a basic bitch. Might try out Plague, though, if I either buy her or just get enough shards. She's got some cool perks I'd like to pick up.

Edit: As a Survivor who likes farming Altruism BP, if you DC the first time you get hooked, you are the bastard of Earth. If you're gonna rage quit, at least wait until you hit stage 2 and then stop struggling, like a civilized person.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Sep 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Spent the $5 for Leatherface. He's fun.

Survivor: *playing 5D chess trying to decide when to feint the pallet and when to actually pull it down so they don't waste it*

Me, firing both of my braincells at the same time: haha chainsaw go brrrr

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Sep 27, 2020

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Danaru posted:

At least I got to see this
Kindred is so loving good, especially for dumb moments like this. :allears:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Bought the Hag/Ace DLC, and now I kiiinda wanna main Hag, but also Trapper, but also I still need to get BBQ learnable before I start sinking BP into new killers.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Nessus posted:

I'm getting people being salty at me in chat again, especially when I win, hit them with a weapon, chase them for more than six seconds, interrupt them at the generator, activate a power, etc. Nature is healing.
What temporarily detoxed the community?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

...yeah, Hag is, uh.. pretty good. :stare:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Lame Devil posted:

I want to try her as my next killer. Any tips?
Lots of people think of the traps as a purely defensive ability, but there's actually no delay after coming out before you can start running and attacking. Herd a fleeing survivor into a trap (other side of a vault point?) during a chase and you can skip several loops. People just don't know how to deal with an aggro Hag. :black101:

Hex: Ruin is just as good as people say it is. The typical big-brain play is combining it with Haunted Ground and/or Undying, if you have them.

Franklin's Demise is a great way to deal with Hag's kryptonite. Definitely worth it if you see 2+ flashlights, arguably worth it IMO even if you just see one, as long as there's other items in the mix, too.

Be prepared for people calling you a camper.

Edit: Also, teleport very aggressively if you think the survivors are SWFing, it's extremely common for them to use you chasing one as an opportunity for the others to make ballsy plays when setting off your traps, thinking you won't give up on the chase. Sloppy Butcher works great with this. Get the first hit, then port at the next opportunity.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Oct 3, 2020

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

danbo posted:

Not exactly.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RUfIiWEOxNeMN9Ei501Dzd49lF8u_ADTQOQlpOkh90w/edit - page 15 of this Wraith guide illustrates exactly how it works. It's a 90-degree cone in front of you, but it doesn't correspond with your vision.

You don't need to moonwalk, keeping the relevant gen at the edge of your FOV is good enough. Perks that increase your FOV have no bearing on Spine Chill either.

It's well worth learning this regardless of the killer you play. Spine Chill is very popular and it can indeed be used to create a false sense of security.
What I'm hearing is that I need to get in the habit of walking diagonally everywhere like I'm playing Doom.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

gently caress Ebony Moris.

That is all.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Demogorgon is... interesting? It seems like being defensive with him requires the right information perks, so you know where to port and when. Discordance, Tinkerer, or Bitter Murmur all seem like they'd have their benefits, depending on your preferences. Plus BBQ, obviously.

Edit: I bet Knock Out would let you get up to some serious long-distance slugging shenanigans, if you wanted to be that particular kind of ballsy.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Huntress is so much fun. Sometimes I have really frustrating losses, but usually, that’s because I whiffed some easy throws (like, lunge range.)

I also like Hag, and wanna try a stealth killer, but Huntress just speaks to me. Currently running NOED, Whispers, M&A, and Bitter Murmur. Once it finally comes up in my web, I’ll probably be replacing NOED with BBQ. I don’t like all-or-nothing perks like that.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Oct 12, 2020

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Truman Sticks posted:

I play mostly survivor. When I get matched against the Doctor in an indoor level, I just want to put the controller down. Why waste time running around when I'm just gonna be chain-shocked to death?
Map RNG, the great equalizer. "Oh no, the hospital", says the Huntress. "OH BOY THE HOSPITAL" says the Doctor.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah, the general answer for “how do I prevent hook shenanigans” is “slugging.” That, or “play Pyramid Head.”

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Huntress with Monitor & Abuse can lead to some hilarious survivor reactions if you land a hatchet from outside your terror radius and they didn't see you coming. That giant hum radius turns into a kind of benefit as they start to get extremely cautious about your potential lethal range. (This is double extra true with Iridescent Head and the +1/+2 hatchets addons, but I hoard my shinies like a greedy crow, so I don't use it often.)

Though my favorite games are the ones where I land 30 meter yeets, but miss someone running in a straight line in lunge range.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Oct 16, 2020

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I still main Huntress. My current build is working well. Monitor and Abuse is more useful for the field of view increase than the terror radius trickery, honestly. That extra 10 degrees can be the difference between someone getting away and making the Kobe throw.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

rydiafan posted:

I wouldn't mind my lvl 16 killer rear end being matched against reds if they didn't wait in the loving exit to twerk. Don't you have better things to do with your time? Just loving escape.
Huntress! Huck a hatchet at them for spite.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Meridian posted:

Yeah it's a great perk on Huntress for sure.
Yeah, M&A, BBQ, Whispers and Bitter Murmur. It's a very fun mix that usually ends with either a 4K or a 0K, depending on how hard I tunnel.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Meridian posted:

I run Nurse's instead of bitter murmur. It pairs stupidly well with Monitor.
I'll probably run Nurse's once I get it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah sometimes it sucks, but a Rank 4 and his SWF buddies accusing you of tunneling and saying “no ggs” after you wipe them all with only one gen done feels SO good.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Pinwiz11 posted:

One thing I didn't realize at first, and has been extremely helpful with my enjoyment of the game, is that you can close the chat on PC. I rarely open it.

Why would you turn off the chat? You're making idiots mad. That's like the best part of the game.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Pinwiz11 posted:

I totally get the appeal, but I can accept that I'm making them mad without seeing their messages. It's better for my mental health. :)
That's fair. :hmmyes:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Otz is the light in the darkness that this game's community really needs. I'd argue he's unquestionably the best killer player in the world right now, and he's such a cool dude.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6vpgy40xiQ

Extremely relevant.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

temple posted:

I meant to say dodge him. I don't know what you do against him other than hide.
He still tantrums if his swing hits something, and his swings are pretty wide, so try not to get caught in the open without places to turn sharply and hug the terrain. The big change now is that he's in chainsaw range from much farther away (about lunge range without add-ons, I think?) He doesn't have to be right up your butt before he can down you any more.

Edit: Honestly, the scariest thing about Bubba, IMO, is that there's no such thing as a safe pallet against him.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Oct 23, 2020

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Now you get to experience the really weird killers who make you feel like there’s no counterplay!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Der Shovel posted:

I installed Dead by Daylight.

Have I made a huge mistake? What should I know before trying to play it?
Play the tutorial, read the player’s guide.

Don’t worry so much about winning or losing at first. If you get a bunch of points, you had a good game. So do risky things. Have fun.

For survivors, level Claudette, Dwight, or Meg first, depending on what play style suits you best. They’re easy to learn and each have at least one amazing perk. For killers, fool around with different ones before you commit, they’re all very unique. Trapper is harder than the game suggests, but still try him out. You can get the OC killers with in game currency but if you want a licensed killer, you (basically) have to buy the DLC. So if you REALLY wanna play Pyramid Head, just buy and play Pyramid Head.

Once you’ve got a few games under your belt, then the videos for how to get better will make more sense. A streamer and Youtuber named Otzdarva (“not Otzdarva” on YouTube)has a lot of helpful videos for newbies playing killer (and just in general), but IDK if there’s a good survivor resource that’s as one-stop-shopping. Others could recommend stuff, I’m sure.

Edit: Don’t ignore Rift objectives or forget to cash them in, they’re worth a LOT of blood points and it really adds up.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Oct 23, 2020

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

"Blendette", any Claudette cosmetic loadout that makes her almost completely earth-tone (she's small and dark-skinned, making her the best fit for this type of appearance), is a cliche and you'll hear people complaining about it, but it's a genuinely effective strategy. It won't get you into TOO many bad habits, since being overly ballsy will still get you killed no matter what you're wearing.

Edit: What WILL get you into bad habits is Self Care. Not only do you waste a shitload of time that could be better spent finding another survivor to heal you literally twice as quickly (and then healing them or working on a gen together), but pretty soon you'll start running into killers who will expect Blendettes to run Self-Care. As soon as you get away while injured, they'll check the nearest "hide and heal myself" spots and down you anyways.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Oct 23, 2020

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CuddleCryptid posted:

This bit of e-bushido for DBD kind of cracks me up. I've had multiple people scream at me after a match and accuse me of camping hooks like this:

Them: hook camper
Me: you kept bombing the hooks, so i stayed and caught you
Them: we had to bomb the hooks, you were camping

Like you guys know there is more to your side of things than unhooks right. I'm not going to stand fifty feet away and politely allow you to unhook people because it's "fair", especially when you're being hyperaggressive rather than fixing gens.
Bonus points if you're Huntress and you actually are 50 30 feet away.

Me: Walks into a jungle gym to kick a nearby gen after hooking someone. (I don't even have Pop, it's just a habit I'm trying to get into.)
Them: Obviously go for the unhook because they're SWFers.
Me: Walk out far enough to get a clear shot and throw a hatchet, downing the guy who just got unhooked.
Them: loving TUNNELER.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CuddleCryptid posted:

You also can reset your hooks at any time with healing.
:confused:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Studio posted:

Also for a starting survivor: Super recommend Meg because she has a mobility skill, and early on getting away from a killer feels super out of your hands
Meg is extremely solid. Trying to walk everywhere because you don't want to waste Sprint Burst is a problem, but it's the kind of thing a player can learn. Adrenaline can be super clutch, and Quick and Quiet is... I mean, it's not a bad perk. Every once in a while it can help you lose a killer.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

DBD calls Bill hard, but David intermediate.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Danknificent posted:

Okay, I just bought the game and am slightly drunk. I have absolutely no interest in playing survivor and am queueing as the killer. I need a little help:

First match, played leatherface, killed everybody in the cornfield, pretty straightforward except for one part where I downed a guy, but he was in a raised area so I couldn't seem to pick him up and hook him. I left him to bleed out, all good.

Second match, played Pyramid Head, killed three--and then the match ended without anything really (am slightly drunk) tipping me off, and the final girl had an icon by her name on the scoreboard of a person running to an exit. I didn't get any cues or anything. Did she get away or DC? No hard feelings--I don't care about winning, I'm just trying to learn the game.

I like the game

Edit: as a brand new and slightly drunk killer, I run around and kick generators until I see someone/some cue that I should go investigate, and then I murder

Should I: be ever going into the 'basement' for any reason? and is there a broader overarching strategy beyond "Patrol the generators and kick them if it gives you a prompt to kick them" and/or murder humans that dare enter my sight?

Unrelated, in my first game the very first time I checked a locker there was someone in there

Good poo poo

edit 2: I've been just hooking everyone I down. Should I ever leave someone to crawl around as a humble beginner?
Lots of very good newbie questions. One at a time.

Guy who was stuck might've been a glitch? That happens sometimes.

Girl who ran away found the escape hatch. It opens somewhere on the map when there's only one survivor left alive, and if they can get to it, they can get away. If you get there first and close it, then the exit gates are automatically powered, but the countdown to you auto-winning begins. There are also keys that can force the hatch back open, but don't worry about those too much.

The basement is good for one thing: If you hook someone down there, it is really, really hard for survivors to get out of there unscathed. (Also sometimes a chest spawns down there.)

Leaving people on the ground so you can chase someone else is called "slugging." (As in "slugging it out.") Only do it if you are absolutely sure you're about to take down someone else, or they're the only other person left on their feet and you know exactly where they are. Otherwise, you probably just want to kick any nearby gens, set traps if you're playing Hag, etc, then hook them. If you chase two rabbits, you'll lose them both. There are exceptions once you start getting a sense for when and how other survivors go for rescues, how long you can afford to chase, etc, but for now, don't take that gamble.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Oct 24, 2020

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Danknificent posted:

Is there more than one door?
There are two!

e:f;b

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

rydiafan posted:

There is always a chest in the basement.
Right. Whoops.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Truman Sticks posted:

I unlocked Zarina and I've been running a combo of Red Herring and Kindred. I've had decent success luring killers away from the hook with a fake gen explosion and getting a clean rescue.
If you wanna be extra ballsy, combine it with We'll Make It so you can heal them right after.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Evil Kit posted:

Looks fine, I'd personally drop Whispers and put something else in because you already have a bunch of information perks to let you find survivors. Pop Goes the Weasel, Ruin, Thanataphobia etc, some kind of slowdown you can use to get a bit of extra breathing room.
Thanatophobia and Nurse's Calling is an excellent mix in general, because it heavy disincentivizes the usual Nurse's Calling counterplay of just not healing. And it makes healing slower, so you have more time to find them. (Also, it's a combo that completely bodies Blendettes, which is always fun.)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Pyrolocutus posted:

So as a thought exercise, if you were playing a killer and only had to use your eyes, what killers and perks would you use? Tracking people, seeing auras, etc.

E: I guess also stuff that keeps Survivors unaware of me to level the playing field a bit more as well.
I'd say a great perk for finding nearby injured survivors that you can't hear would be Sloppy Butcher. Not only is it great in general for making survivors heal slower, you would actually benefit from it applying the Hemorrhage condition so you can follow the bloodstains. This would also work well with A Nurse's Calling, so you can see them healing, since you can't rely on the grunts of pain that usually accompany it. Aside from that, general information perks are also good. You already mentioned BBQ, but Infectious Fright is another good one. The important thing with IF is that there's also a visual cue when they scream, not just an audio one.

For keeping Survivors unaware, you want Monitor and Abuse, which reduces your terror radius significantly, except in a chase, in which case it's actually bigger. This combos extremely well with Infectious Fright, since they'll scream from farther away.

Edit: So, in this hypothetical scenario where I have to play with no sound, with an M1 killer (maybe a stealthy one like Ghostface or Myers? More evening the odds), I'd run Sloppy Butcher. A Nurse's Calling, Infectious Fright, and Monitor and Abuse. You don't have much in the way of slowdown, so you could probably drop M&A for something like Thrilling Tremors, which is both information (you'll know which gens are already being worked on because they won't be blocked) and potentially slowdown (since that's 16 seconds where the survivors can't start a gen rush while you're hooking someone).

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Oct 24, 2020

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Evil Kit posted:

Doctor is probably your best bet as a killer, as his tracking power is very visual. BBQ, Nurse's Calling, Discordance, basically any visual aura reading perk will probably help you significantly. Hell, Doctor even has a perk that not only improves your FoV (not as high as shadowborn but it helps) AND makes your Terror Radius smaller when not in chase to help you sneak up on survivors.
Oooh, I like that. Doctor with Monitor and Abuse, Infectious Fright, BBQ, and Nurse's. That'd be a fun combo. Doctor would work well even without any other aura perks, so Pyro would have someone to play well while working on unlocking the perks/waiting for the Shrine.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Big Mean Jerk posted:

What are some good tips/recommended perks for a beginner Clown? I've been playing the game with friends for months now but only started playing Killer a couple weeks ago. I mainly play Huntress and Deathslinger.
Playing a different killer! A HURR HURR. (For real, don't let people telling you he's bad dissuade you from playing who you want. It's a video game.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Pyrolocutus posted:

Oh, it has a visual icon as well? That'll make it much more useful for me.
Yeah, the little perk icon in the bottom right will light up when it's active.