Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
The new animations are kinda funky looking but I'll take it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

I didn't think there would be a new DbD thread after the last one haha

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

haha, yeah I agree. Now survivors look they're standing around a punchbowl. Before they were slightly crouched and it worked well with the harsh breathing sound effects while they looked around

e: the new standing posture is like the silhouette of the Virgin meme guy with his head hanging low

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Why did they make it so hard to see Survivor hook progress lmao. Sometimes I wonder if BHVR playtests their game

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

I keep attempting to disarm traps placed in the middle of undropped pallets and getting stuck in the trap huuurrrggghhhhh

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Blasmeister posted:

Just save yourself time and drop the pallet, now the trap is useless

yeah I'm just gonna start doing this. I spent ten seconds trying to creep up to one and then I stepped in it lol

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

is there any greater betrayal than slugs who guide the killer to the last standing survivor so the killer can finish the 100% BBQ bonus

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

rydiafan posted:

Scratched Mirror Myers with an indoor offering is the most immersive and fun thing ever, though.

it's pretty freaky when you jump down a level and Myers gets a hit before you land

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

As someone who plays solo Survivor almost exclusively, I think SWF should be removed. It's lame as hell

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Just found out there's already a Resident Evil 4v1 game but it's part of RE3 rather than a standalone

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

looks great. There's so many killers now that I'd rather see more maps after this

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

the next map should be the train from RE Zero– just one long, beautiful corridor

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

haven't played in a bit so I de-ranked to lvl 8. scored 31k points and still only got 1 pip :ghost:

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

I guess BHVR didn't expect the game to survive past two years so they just licensed Stranger Things for a short time? Hawkins Lab has been fun while it lasted, sad to see it go

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

CuddleCryptid posted:

The Stranger Things license revoke was an op by the dev to stop people from whining about getting modern properties for killers like Springtrap, and to expect Hellraiser instead :eng101:

hell yea :hist101:

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Empathy and Aftercare are fantastic perks, except for when survivors use them to work with the killer

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

I had a Pinhead match end in DC as I was about to die on the hook with the exit gates open and it rewarded me with an escape

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

man DBD really gets people down. I've seen more than a couple times players in the chat threatening to kill themselves in the chat after a bad match

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

oh man after doing the player survey, I really hope they add cross platform progression soon. I'm on PC bc my console bricked and I miss my maxxed Prestige III doodads and stuff

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

I don't want Dark Sense, stop offering it to me on literally every bloodweb! BHVR said they fixed this like two years ago

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

punishing survivors by letting them lose pips when there's a rage quit in the match seems like bad design

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

BHVR released a patch to solve the infinite loading screens but I was never getting them until the patch was implemented

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

they're being too stingy with the pumpkin seeds, I want more

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Tiny Myers posted:

Survivor matchmaking has been so frustrating.

last week, I decided to keep track of teammate DCs in my matches and went 11 straight with at least one Survivor rage quitting. pretty dire

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Was just playing survivor in a match that had Ruin on all five totems. At first I thought it was Undying because another survivor and I cleared them right away, but nope it was on all five :thumbsdown:

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

daww they took the snowmen out, it's not even Christmas yet

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Medullah posted:

Oh no now I only have to hit people twice to knock them down.

I dunno if weekday SWFs are different than weekend SWFs but man, I had the most disheartening night ever last night. Constant 3-4 man groups with all the meta perks, even on killers I only played a few times ever. Final match of the night was Ghostface and there was a guy dedicated to following me and keeping me out of stealth, every time I attempted to chase him he'd easily outrun me, even with minimal looping. Depressing AF.

that's a good point. as a solo player from year 1, SWF is the worst feature of the game and it'd be better if they took it out. just brutal for killer against SWF

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

does anyone have a fix for switching DBD to borderless mode?

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

there's a bunch of toxic stuff about players in dbd but I think my least favorite are the rank 1s who rage quit if the killer downs them in the first few minutes

oh hell yes

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

been having luck with this perks combo

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

doh I tried to get a screencap of the new Wesker/Onryo cinematic and it went to the title screen

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Tiny Myers posted:

Has anyone listened to Nurse's new music, yet? I can't wait for this to hit live servers (presumably when the event starts). The chase theme is so loving good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feKx_UKbz_8

dang, the new music sounds good

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

wow they removed the cooldown from Any Means Necessary :drac:

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

logged in today and all my BP were gone, ~600k. but I did get triple points on my first match for some reason, good for 100k even though there was no bonus or BP related offerings

e: also, I miss the stranger things lab map, we need more maps!

Fleetwood fucked around with this message at 21:52 on May 1, 2023

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

wow getting three pallet stuns in a single trial is extremely difficult

e: whoops I didn't consider Head On or Decisive Strike

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

good call. I never used it before. Blast Mine seems pretty much a guaranteed stun

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

I usually run finesse perks like Calm Spirit but this lineup was so effective that it totally demoralized a Wraith I just played. I kinda felt bad afterward

e: I pulled Blast Mine and Boil Over, plus a pallet

Fleetwood fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jun 2, 2023

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

I wouldn't blame you. it was brutal. the killer even had me during endgame collapse but then got pallet stunned picking me up

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

caught several snaps of Michael on this loop. he had NOED ofc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Medullah posted:

https://twitter.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1674478527347843072?s=20

Some interesting options in the "which video game would you like to see characters from"

I went with these ones:

Predator would be cool for the audio but I'm unsure if it fits DbD