Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

danbo
Dec 29, 2010

SaffronKit posted:

It the survivor falls within your cone of vision as a killer (whether or not there is an object in the way) Spine Chill will activate.

Not exactly.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RUfIiWEOxNeMN9Ei501Dzd49lF8u_ADTQOQlpOkh90w/edit - page 15 of this Wraith guide illustrates exactly how it works. It's a 90-degree cone in front of you, but it doesn't correspond with your vision.

You don't need to moonwalk, keeping the relevant gen at the edge of your FOV is good enough. Perks that increase your FOV have no bearing on Spine Chill either.

It's well worth learning this regardless of the killer you play. Spine Chill is very popular and it can indeed be used to create a false sense of security.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

danbo
Dec 29, 2010

People run meta stuff because there just aren't that many fun or interesting perks. Killers want information, gen slowdown and maybe something to help in chases -- through these categories, only a handful of perks give good, tangible results without requiring multiple asinine conditions (often a basic attack condition, which worded simply is "play a small subset of killers or stop doing the actually fun part of your killer". Nobody's sitting wishing they could run Monstrous Shrine, Predator or Beast of Prey if only it wasn't for those pesky tryhard survivors. Nobody's getting excited about applying the Blindness status effect to survivors across the map.

If Scourge Hooks are going to be a perk type going forward, cute, but that doesn't change what killers actually want. Gift of Pain is just another slowdown perk at the end of the day -- it'll be used alongside Ruin/Pop or not at all.

I'm very thankful for Lethal Pursuer, I truly am, but this is just at such odds with the requirement to pump out three new perks every quarter. I wish they could figure out how to create perks that can directly affect powers like old Tinkerer did. I wish they could mandate one slowdown perk and balance them from there, similar to exhaustion perks. Oh well.

danbo
Dec 29, 2010

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

https://twitter.com/ScottJund/status/1495967776481103875

One of your more popular streamers is celebrating being able to take a holiday from your game and play something nicer for a change? I'm sure this is all fine.

That man has been playing Dead by Daylight as his job for 4 and a half years. I don't think him being a little bored of it means literally anything.