Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Good to see a de-nazified thread return.

Samovar posted:

I used to play Depth, that was a real fun asymmetric fps a few years back. Dunno what it's like now, tho.

Depth is good fun but it's one of those games that get a big population boom any time it goes on sale for super cheap, then fritters away a bunch of population over time for a few reasons, then another sale and another boom.

Iamgoofball posted:

It's not running fine on consoles. The switch version runs sub 30 at most times, apparently.

Also yeah, the game is Not Good on console and can have entirely different metas sometimes because certain killers are just agony with the FPS drops and in general lower FPS on consoles, switch version both looks and runs awful.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Sep 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Yeah F13 is still far and away more fun of a horror-y game.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Did they actually ever buff or meaningfully change Pig or is it lol because she's still like, pretty much just Bad Ghostface nowadays.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Oh yeah, she's unfortunately been That Killer for a little bit now languishing with a kit that just doesn't really cut it anymore or has been completely powercrept by another killer, with Pig it's that Ghostface came out and did "Sneaky ambush slasher" way better than she ever could, because he can play the stealth game, but he can also trick people on loops way harder with turning off the stain, turning off his stain also lets him get a lot more tunnel-vision grabs/hits, he doesn't have to slow himself to a crawl to play sneaky at all like she does and so on. Pig was cool when once upon a time her traps were more fun to play with and could screw people in better/funnier ways, but it feels like someone has to almost be letting it happen to die to her traps now unless she's running some loadouts. But hey they remembered that Plague was still in the game eventually and gave her some changes that helped out, so ideally Pig can get that next.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Oct 12, 2020

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

It was and thankfully he finally outed himself here on the forums as a lovely bigot and got bounced for it.

But yeah like work at Ghostface a little and he's so fun with how hard you'll game most people with his disappearing headlights and everything.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

So did they like triple the pallets on the dumb doctor map last patch somehow or something, I swear to god every time I've seen someone on that map, it feels like there's thirty pallets and few of them unsafe, it's awful looking.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Blight that can actually flick and stuff, he's just like a hell pinball of murder and sunny delight.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

rydiafan posted:

Man, the game is so much less fun now that Undying + Devour Hope is a thing.

Imagine how fun it's been with the million instantly cleansed hex totems that spawned right in front of survivors at the start of matches on the other side of the map that you have literally zero chance to do anything about for years. :v:

Undying is just yet another band-aid for problems that the devs won't or can't fix.

Like I wish I could use Huntress Lullaby on it's own for laughs more, but without Undying it often gets blown up before a stack can even happen, same for other hexes that aren't high impact but trapped in lit-from-match-start totems.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Mar 13, 2021

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Hex: Thrill of the Hunt can be used as insurance against this happening, right?

Even with TotH, a lot of the time you have absolutely zero ability to make a save when the totem spawns across the entire map, right in a survivors initial 360 view. Undying is the only like true Hex insurance. (One of Blight's perks, so also DLC)

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

And remember, if you don't like how a killer actually plays, you can just keep playing who you do like and them dump BP into that other to get their teachables out of them.

Like that used to be Bubba to a T back when he'd been abandoned at the bottom of the heap, he was just a hurdle to getting BBQ for most people, nowadays Clown has that designation more for how good Pop Goes The Weasel is.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

OxMan posted:

I'm going to play my third ever Blight game when the patch that fixes his FOV comes out but he was leveled the night I got him for that sweet sweet hex baby

Yeah, despite his issues Blight can still be a crazy terror so at least it's not a great perk trapped on a terrible character again, but god almighty does it put a damper on playing him when you get a poo poo map like corn anything and he's blinded worse than any short character.

DeathChicken posted:

I'm to this day really dumbfounded they released a character glitched halfway into the floor and it took them six months to fix it, their logic being "We'll get to it but it's a lot of work"

Everyone should've group hallucination style insisted to BHVR that Blight is a survivor and his problem is ruining the game, poo poo would've been patched overnight.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Mar 16, 2021

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

DeathChicken posted:

"Hey you, killer. Don't chase me off the hook. Don't go anywhere near the hook if you have me on one, I don't care if three other people are standing nearby. Also if you knock anyone down don't leave them there, ignore that if you pick them up they're going to stab you, most likely even if you've been chasing some other person long enough to down them too and came back. Also stop playing Hag, Deathslinger, Spirit, Freddy, Pyramid Head and Doctor. Failure to do this means you are a Bad Killer and playing the game wrong."

I love that Nurse is sometimes included in that list of names too, like man, really gonna gripe about the hardest to use killer in the game, but then to those people literally anything that kills them or their little gang is overpowered.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Man you know what, every decent chunk of killer games I get this little twinge in my mind, I hope the new colorblind options come out and they're chained to a perk, like how having any non-headache-inducing FOV is tied to one already, just because I know there'd be such a massive blowup at the devs that they might actually concede things like "Letting you get to basic accessibility options without a perk grind" like sane people and free both options and any others from similar boneheaded design further on. And then their entire office would probably twist into a black hole at the task of putting an FOV slider in the options menu.

Cause man seriously, feeling a little sick from the start lately, playing killer too long in combination has been giving me some real gross eye and head feels after enough.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Mar 17, 2021

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I kind of wish the gates would slowly, slowly, slowly open themselves once they're powered, not to help survivors, but to make like 95-99%'ing them end, make opening the gates a poo poo or get off the pot thing.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I have become 100% shameless about deranking after having had enough red ranks for a good long time. It's not like I'm looking to stomp new/mid-level players balls, I'd just like matches that are actually fun to screw around or try funny things in anymore and the higher in rank you go, the more those matches vanish under dreary sweaty experiences. Sure it's cheesy or whatever, but given the choice between "Cheesy, but non-malicious rank manipulation" and "Get little if any enjoyment from most matches anymore" I'll go with the former.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

He got uuuuh, windstorm I think, one of his old add-ons make base kit now yeah, he's actually speedy while invis now and significantly better feeling than he used to be.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

If you pick some of the real rear end in a top hat challenges, just focus on doing those if you're gonna do them, you might be a detriment to the team, but gently caress em they'd almost certainly or are almost certainly doing the same thing.

And then sometimes you see a Nurse and realize it's someone who's literally never played her before, just trying futilely to get the two instant strike blinks challenge done, I'll actually be nice to those people and like, stand and nod at the gate until they get that I'm telling them "Go on, do your challenge man" and not being a fool, just cause it feels nice to help out someone obviously struggling really badly with a high skill ceiling killer/challenge.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Mar 27, 2021

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Danaru posted:

Self Care/Dead Hard/Spine Chill are pretty much the only perks sweat squads use, usually with Sprint Burst or Unbreakable as the fourth.

But killers use Ruin one time too many and WOAH NOW GOTTA FIX THAT

We see that killers really like Ruin, [Farted out %] use it every game! It's unbalanced!

*Willfully ignores the massive use frequency of broken survivor poo poo until maybe months later, years in cases*

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

TGLT posted:

Decisive Strike/Unbreakable/Borrowed Time/Balanced Landing + Haddonfield Offering

I hate that Haddonfield is such a poo poo map, it looks cool and it's Halloween, but it's just awful to play on most times.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

"The state of this loving game.
I just played a game on mothers dwelling and there were two russians who run to this spot near the exit gate. You can't hit them there as a killer. It's like there is an invisible wall that only blocks killers, but survivors can stand there."

lmao sick, this was also there and I couldn't find evidence from googling but

"This is non-bannable and acceptable according to the devs. Same with DCing to give your buddy the hatch. Only bad stuff like J Flicking or pausing for Blight are bad."

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I feel like "There's a spot where you're just plain old invincible and you're being a shitter and holding the game hostage with it" should probably be a "Do it with evidence and get booted" one.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Nessus posted:

I am not sure how you could hold a game hostage in these situations, though I remember seeing it in the DBD rules and such as well. How is this accomplished?

By just standing there until the killer gets sick of it, remember which game we're playing, there's absolutely terrible nerdlingers that would go there and then alt-tab out until you quit, it's happened with previous invincible spots.

Cease to Hope posted:

Holding the game hostage is bannable fwiw

Hopefully they get some of the people being the worst with it for this at least.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Ghost Face for sure, Miguel Myers has fun stuff but he's definitely feeling dated some nowadays, even discounting power creep.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Yeah, I think on the Yamaoka Estate map there's some bushes the Survivors can slip through, but the Killer can't. The gap seems wide enough, but nope. :argh:

I think this is the non-exploit random disparity that makes me the most exasperated when it happens, like REALLY now, David can pass through this gap and Legion can't? Thanks for the broken chase.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I wish there was a gallery screen or something just for GF's moris

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

It's very cool that they listened to none of the complaints and released Speed Limiter Huntress: The Killer as-is

Like he's neat personality-wise, but why the gently caress is he so slow?

Also he's literally just better off not using his big power still, why not at least give him a speed boost while he uses that?

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Mar 30, 2021

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

His perks are good, he just feels not-good to play mostly.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Man, he really has so much of other killers, but bad.

He builds up a burst of power like Oni, but Oni can just sit on his until he needs it, while you get this dumb small window to use Trickster's power that also handicaps him.

He has a ranged build-up attack like Plague, except for some reason his drains and even drains in chases to make it worse.

He throws his weapons and can do direct health states like Huntress, except Huntress hits you once and you're injured, while he needs to hit you like fifteen times or whatever dumb amount.

Along with the previous two, not only is his build-up shtick worse than Plague, he has to go get ammunition like Huntress.

He can't lean on playing M1 because he's as slow a giant slavic beast woman.

A lot of his addons feel like they barely do much, so you can't even use the god awful excuse of "He needs addons" like people did/do for some killers.

His own power in general negatively affects him more than maybe anyone else, not only does he go into a Nurse UGH state, he can't use his normal power for twenty seconds after.

Best of all, people told BHVR all of this on the PTB and they did jack poo poo. I hate it because he's hypothetically fun, but the moment you run into people with any sense whatsoever he's torture.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Can't wait for his remake in a couple of years that actually makes him anywhere near as fun as he should be lol

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

At the very least he's a good perk battery for now, all of them are either good or at least useful in some build, No Way Out in particular is a really fun one. :getin:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I hate the Jason copyright stuff so, so, so very much, F13 deserved better than getting choked out by that poo poo.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

They were in the middle of implementing Jason X and a map to go with him too, the redhead cyborg girl from the movie was gonna be counselor too, people have found out how to toggle them in for proof for ages now. :smith:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

The Twins are still a janky joke and BHVR has now gone and released a brand-new broke killer.

I cannot fathom the amount of raw, internal tension between the team that handles the art assets and the team that "handles gameplay".

The Twins are at least pretty strong, but only when played in the most dull way, leave Victor at hooked idiot, go roam around as bog standard M1 with Big Body and pop to Victor when needed as your off-hand hook camper.

Trickster is just all the bad parts of other killers at once.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

This is amazing, four man streamer SWF sweat squad go from "I hope we get Hag, Hag is easy to bully, I know how to bully Hag" to "what a boring OP killer, time to rage disconnect" in a couple of minutes flat.

https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/min9op/streamer_swf_bully_squad_get_what_they_wished_for/

The schadenfreude is so sweet.

Heh heh time to ebic bully this trash killer for my strea- NOOO KILLER WHY ARE YOU KILLING MEEEE NOOOOOOOOOO *DC's*

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Trickster being a great perk battery is at least a silver lining, he's got some fun pain in the rear end ones, let's just hope it doesn't take Bubba/Sharp Hand Joe timeframe to make he himself fun too.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Ape Agitator posted:

Is psprices just messed up right now? They say there's a 50% discount on DLC on the PSN in the US, like Leatherface and stuff. Doesn't match with my PSN.

https://psprices.com/region-us/search/?q=Dead+by+daylight&platform=&show_dlc=on&content_type=&sort=percent&ordering=desc

I just got the Stranger Things Edition from the sale because Demo is the killer I think I'll most likely enjoy and I'm figuring on buying Plague, Leatherface, and Myers for perks that seem nice. If the sale is real, I'd splurge more.

Plague and Bubba are great for their perks, but they're also generally a lot more fun to play than they used to be nowadays as well, Miguel Myers is also fun but if you want to keep enjoying him, don't play Ghost Face, it's hard to go back after :v:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

rydiafan posted:

Scratched Mirror Myers with an indoor offering is the most immersive and fun thing ever, though.

Oh yeah he has some of the best gimmick addon loadouts still, just oh man does Ghost Face absolutely feel like lessons learned after Myers and Pig for a 'sneaky' killer.

Also get Silent Hill on sale if you have even a little interest, Pyramid Head is really good and you can buy most everyone else if you're on the grind, but licensed is cash only, so sale's your deal if you wanna get em cheap.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

rydiafan posted:

Just had an OoO user complain that I tunneled him. Like, what?

"You're supposed to let me cheat with my discord buddies" is all their bitching ever really sums up to.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

I haven't played much since the update but what they did to Gideon's is a legit warcrime.

Even on a killer that made use of pallets like Doc, the time spent kicking is probably equal to or greater than time spent in chases.

It's low-key killer bullying straight from the devs.

I had the same thought as I watched someone on it for the first time, remember when they "reduced pallets" only to do this now lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

tithin posted:

I'm brand new to DBD and playing killer is very frustrating

The new player experience is very bad even aside BHVR being obviously survivor-sided most times sadly. Once you get some perks and kinda learn how stuff works it mitigates it a bit, but survivors will always have some dumb bullshit.