Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OurIntrepidHero
Nov 5, 2011

He's just too fast!

Olewithmilk posted:

Played both killer and survivor games today and been compeltely hosed each time. i hate myself, the game, other players, and myself.

Bad killer games are infinitely more tilting for me than survivor. I feel like after playing this game I can only root for the killer in any horror film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OurIntrepidHero
Nov 5, 2011

He's just too fast!

marshmallow creep posted:

So Bubba is good in a chase. He can rev the saw and then instantly down you. Once it's going, he gets faster and he has huge arcs.

What's the counter play? Once you're near enough to a bubba that he's revving the saw, what are you supposed to try to avoid being insta-downed? As it if I feel like I have to run Dead Hard and soak the first saw so I have a chance to get distance on any other encounter.

In my experience playing Bubba, the best counter is to make very tight turns around corners or weave through areas where he's likely to hit into tantrum.

OurIntrepidHero
Nov 5, 2011

He's just too fast!

Kwolok posted:

So I really cannot recommend this enough. If you enjoy killer the best way to play is to go for 2 hooks state on everyone. Then slug everyone. If you can either get them all down at once, or get them all to the point where they are just about to bleed out, its a total victory. At that point pick them all up and let them escape. Your MMR doesn't become terrible because you have a 0k, you have a fun dynamic game of back and forth, everyone gets BP.

Its honestly the best way to play the game.

Wanted to thank you for this, I tried playing this way tonight on a whim and it honestly did make everything better. I didn't slug everyone at the end, because it honestly felt like I was just prolonging things. It really does shine a light on the fact that the "optimal" way to play the game to rank up is incredibly toxic and unfun for everyone.

OurIntrepidHero
Nov 5, 2011

He's just too fast!

Kwolok posted:

Cenobite may not be the best killer, but he is the most fun to play.

Do you have any tips for aiming his chains? I feel like I'm playing a drunken flight simulator in the middle of my games and always miss.