Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

If anything, I find the red rank survivors are the ones who are *really* good at loving with the auto-aim so sure hits repeatedly turn into nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I mean when that happens I usually smack whoever was ratting out their friend, kindly thank them and then go smack their friend too

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Danknificent posted:

So I'm not a particular fan of Stranger Things or anything but I do like Steve and I especially love his work uniform... but I was just in this match where this STEVE was blatantly more experienced than everyone else and he was constantly intervening on their behalf it's like STEVE

MIND YOUR BUSINESS :argh:

I finally

FINALLY downed him and hooked him in the basement

You hate to see it

I mean you HATE to see it, but he was too dangerous to let him live. The man was too good. I had to stay and make sure he didn't away. I became that guy. 2 out of 4 :negative:

STEEEEEEEEEVE :argh:

I guess to be fair, most of Steve's default perks do benefit playing super altruistic. Second Wind (I wanted to type that as Broken Wind) gives him an automatic heal off the hook if he's already healed someone else. Babysitter makes it so he can see your aura if he unhooks someone, and the unhooked person stops leaving scratches

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

It's funny as hell using it with Billy, hooking someone and seeing some dumbass chilling on a gen in striking range. Roaaaaaaaaaaarsplat

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Yes, though they made a recent effort to nerf it to death. Now you have far less time between hooking someone and Pop expiring

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I think I would feel better about it if they did anything about Survivors abusing Decisive Strike to hide in lockers and go totally invincible, but they won't

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Also the perk Rancor, though that only lets you murder the Obsession once all gens are complete. For giggles, play Nurse, hide inside the gate the entire match and then strangle the Obsession when they open the doors

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I'm suspecting for the Blight challenge I'm going to have to bring in Insidious, down someone and then park my hunchback rear end behind a tree or something nearby. Bring on the DMs wishing for my death

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Halloween event. Though bizarrely they took away last year's thing of being able to earn costumes with event credits, now they're all mostly just on sale for shards (and you get shards every day for logging in)

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Yes, and also when he goes back to normal

This is why you use Tuft of Hair. There is no back to normal, bitches

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I don't really mind Midwich. Hawkins has about 8000 pallets and if I'm sent there I will hit all of them with my face

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

He's very good at stopping loops. Put down a trail in the middle of a pallet path, most survivors will chop off their own face before they step in it. If someone's going for an obvious window, aim the sword laser at it before they get there, if they don't change their mind it's a hit

Used to be you could get a lot of mileage out of starting up a sword laser and then canceling into an M1 hit if you didn't like what you were seeing, but they nerfed that. Although you now get punished a lot less for using your sword lasers in general, so feel free to go nuts with them

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Oni and Deathslinger are about equally good in different ways (Oni plays like Billy had a child with Myers. Deathslinger is kind of like Huntress in that if you can aim well you can do insane things). Blight is awful but has amazing perks (good enough I expect them to be nerfed any day now)

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Oct 29, 2020

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The cheap way to play Legion is to get your first hit with Frenzy, keep tailing the person, cut them off with your speed so they're not heading for a pallet or anything. Cancel out of it, ride out the ensuing heart attack, finish the chase and down them

Made much easier if you're using the add-on to reduce heart attack duration

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Oct 30, 2020

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Yikes but I hate Blight's midget-rear end viewpoint. He's hosed if the other team sends it to any map with tall grass (Yamaoka/Swamp/Cornfield) as I can't even see where I'm going

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The Plague talk makes me realize I've never tried using Dark Devotion on Doctor. How does that even work, since the range of his zap is based off his terror radius?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I'm on console with my DMs blocked. I will get friend requests with letters attached such as "CAMPING gently caress IMMA DDOS YOUR ROUTER gently caress YOU"

Helpful hint, if you don't want me to camp you, tell your friends to stop bombing the hook :v:

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Oct 30, 2020

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Hex: Undying is probably the strongest Killer perk in the game right now, so grab that. Also Corrupt Intervention, you basically need that to make any of the killers who require setup (Trapper/Hag/etc) functional without getting gen slammed to death

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The trick to Blight is you probably don't want to even bother pinball bouncing in areas where there are a lot of corners to run into. That's when you M1. When people are trying to run through open areas from one pallet to the next, *that's* when you pinball and smack them

He's got one talent, he can cover ground faster than any survivor can hope to keep up. Just gotta get past all the fiddly and unfun and why is he like a foot tall

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Oct 30, 2020

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The real shitheads just park at the finish line once the gate is open and teabag nonstop, since they're aware they can't lose at that point and it's either acknowledge them by chasing them out or do nothing for two plus minutes while the timer runs out

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Billy Ray Cyrus is probably my favorite Killer outfit, just because I can respect whoever came up with that dumb, dumb joke

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

And I finally got the six hit Blight challenge. By hook camping like an rear end in a top hat and patiently bounce whacking everyone who moved in, but y'know

Now for the other Blight challenge (hit someone after four bounces), which I will probably never get unless I land someone incredibly dense trying to open a gate with me next to it

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

rydiafan posted:

No joke, stand in the open and spin in circles until somebody approaches you for a truce. Most survivor groups will switch to co-op mode and give you your challenge in exchange for hitting you with every pallet and escaping.

Ha, that kind of worked. They didn't exactly hold still, but eventually one of them decided I wasn't going to do anything but dance around like Michigan J. Frog and went to get treasure out of the basement. Got my four bounce whack while they were doing that

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Surveillance marks every gen white that's currently regressing. It's very nice paired with Ruin, as you can just make a lap of the gens chasing people off of them and starting the regression automatically. Then if you see anything *not* white you know where people are

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

That "Safely unhook someone during Endgame Collapse" challenge is a surprising pain in the rear end. It requires

A) The team is competent enough that we get to Endgame Collapse

B) Once we get to Endgame Collapse, someone is actually stranded and the entire team isn't just parked at the gates teabagging

C) If someone is stranded that it isn't their final hook

D) The killer isn't running a Mori to bypass the whole idea of hooking people

There's like no agency to this challenge, it relies entirely on the other people playing

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

If you like Billy you'll probably like Oni, he's a similar game of dashing around the map for one hit kills. Big difference being he has to charge his dash up first via hitting people, but he also can't stun himself like Billy

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The way Freddy works is that if he's in play, there are two map variations, Normal World and Dream World. Everyone starts in Normal World, a timer ticks down to send people to Dream World (or it happens instantly if Freddy hits a person). The more people are in Dream World, the faster Freddy's power meter fills to let him teleport. Also he doesn't set off terror heartbeats to dreamers (though the Freddy's Coming For You ditty plays when he's near, similar to Huntress)

People can wake themselves up by failing gen checks, finding scattered clocks on the map, or other players interacting with them for a bit, but the sleep timer never stops

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Nov 2, 2020

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Also keep in mind goddamn every survivor runs Spine Chill, which is a perk that lights up if a killer is nearby and looking at you, regardless of that neato stealth killer you're using. So the idea of being sneaky in general doesn't really work as it should

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Leslie Vernon would be amazing. Let him preemptively sabotage pallets, give him something to do with Obsessions and Ahabs, he'd fit very well

I would die laughing if he could sabotage items coming out of chests. "Why is my flashlight shorting out...oh"

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Pig is actually one of my favorites, but it's frustrating since she clearly needs to be buffed in some basic ways and never will be as one of the lead devs at BHVR is on record as saying "She kills a lot of people, she's fine" while ignoring the context of *who* she kills a lot (read: new players who don't know how to stop her traps)

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

For real fun run the add-on that refills Leatherface's charges when he hits someone with the chainsaw and Infectious Fright. Down someone and then keep going toward the next person, you can practically see people going "Oh god what the gently caress"

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Yikes, had a game where I downed someone, then had three people trying to shine flashlights on me at the hook. I was Bubba so this went poorly for them :v:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Spies from the Shadows seems to get universally crapped on and I'm not sure why. Almost no one bothers being careful around birds, so using it tends to function like a more accurate Whispers

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Doctor is great in general at ruining the lives of Blendettes. So is Plague with her add-on that shows auras of everyone fully infected

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The best are the survivors who rush to hook suicide while I'm running in to save them. Thanks dude, now we're down a guy and I'm not on gens, and the killer is probably going to be on my rear end any moment. We are single handedly screwed thanks to your noble effort

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Been amusing myself with the Random Killer/Perk wheel. It leads to amusing nonsense, like 3King a team of straight red ranks with Brutal Strength and Fire It Up on Doctor. Turns out that combo means you can kick gens like the Flash

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

If someone goes for an unhook with Bubba on their tail, that's definitely a case of punishing a moron for being a moron

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Also if I have someone on the hook and two other survivors are doing nothing except hovering around trying to bait me, you can be drat sure I'm staying right where I am until that person dies. Don't camp my hook if you don't want me to camp

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

If they can license Lance Henriksen as a survivor to go with Pumpkinhead I'll take back most mean things I said about them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Friday the 13th definitely got stonewalled by the lawsuit going "No new content until this is settled". It happened right after that update where they were showing off Jason-X, which proved to be the biggest kick in the balls