Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Chakan posted:

Played several games this weekend as trapper, after not playing for about a month. It’s so funny the disparity in skill you get when you’re around rank 20. Ran in a survivor that didn’t know what the hatch was even as I let her wriggle off right next to it and got her to follow me back to it a minute later. The next game was against a 3 or 4 man that picked autohaven wreckers (is it particularly bad for killers?) that I got 4 kills on because I was able to 3-gen them, but they were dilligent about healing up and trying to get me to chase to the other side of the map & blinding me/going for protection hits. Everyone who tries to bully at my level gets deeply upset when they get caught, which is pretty great. On the flipside, I feel like trapper must 3-gen or he loses because he can’t hardly chase and has no map mobility.

Edit: nvm, what TGLT said!

Azran fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Sep 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Yaaaaay, they are buffing WGLF!

PMush Perfect posted:

Just started playing DBD. Currently maining Claudette and Trapper because I'm a basic bitch. Might try out Plague, though, if I either buy her or just get enough shards. She's got some cool perks I'd like to pick up.

Edit: As a Survivor who likes farming Altruism BP, if you DC the first time you get hooked, you are the bastard of Earth. If you're gonna rage quit, at least wait until you hit stage 2 and then stop struggling, like a civilized person.

Plague gives you Corrupt Intervention, which goes well with basically every killer. Infectious Fright is also a great perk. I also recommend getting Leatherface for Barbecue & Chilli.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I've found Ruin + Undying to be great on someone like Legion or Blight, since if you are constantly in their faces and making them go heal it can seriously slow down their progress. But Undying is pretty much required unless you use map offerings.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Lame Devil posted:

I want to try her as my next killer. Any tips?

- Spend the few couple minutes of the match setting down 6-7 traps. It's good to avoid being seen by survivors early on, makes your traps even more effective.

- Survivors will expect traps around hooked people, try to instead put them on the other side of nearby pallets/expected escape routes.

- Use traps to circumvent really powerful loops such as shack window/pallet or slaughterhouse window in Coldwind Farm.

- Flashlights pointed at your traps will destroy them, so take care not to set traps down where survivors can see them if you know they have flashlights.

- Your rarer offerings tend to be bad but thankfully Hag isn't add-on dependent, you normally want the ones that increase teleport distance.

- Your terror radius is smaller and you're not as tall as most killers, use that to your advantage when it comes to juking.

- Try not to set traps in a way where a survivor will trigger multiple of them while just running around, you ideally want them near chokepoints and hex totems.

- Traps force survivors to look at them for a split second, which can make the difference between downing someone and getting stunned by a pallet.

- Try to avoid having too many unused traps on you, the Hag is a bit slower than most killers so you need your traps to cut chases short as much as possible. If everyone's either injured or hooked, that's the perfect moment to go set some down.

- At first you'll be disoriented whenever you teleport and you'll struggle to get an immediate hit on most people. That's fine, it will take some practice. The simple fact that you're now very close to a survivor is good enough.

- Corrupt Intervention is very good - many survivors will stick around the blocked gens because they know you'll be patrolling the non-blocked ones, which gives you a ton of space to start setting traps down.

Edit: Seconding Sloppy Butcher, A+ perk in general when it comes to making people waste their time healing.

Azran fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Oct 3, 2020

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Well, you've got Trapper and sorta Pyramid Head? He can leave behind trails of debris which tag/hurt survivors.

Azran fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Oct 7, 2020

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

Map RNG, the great equalizer. "Oh no, the hospital", says the Huntress. "OH BOY THE HOSPITAL" says the Doctor.

I enjoy Lery's so much as Michael. So many survivors plucked from generators

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Pinwiz11 posted:

Now that I've got Leatherface to 50, which killer should I look at next in terms of perks? In terms of playstyle I'm learning towards Doctor, but if there's another perk that I should pick up first I may consider it.

Or maybe because now I have Chili unlocked it doesn't matter thanks to all those extra Bloodpoints... :unsmigghh:

Plague gets you Infectious Fright (good for killers with a one-shot power on a timer like Myers and Oni, but very good in general for basically everyone as a way to dissuade flashlight saves) and Corrupt Intervention (A+++ perk on basically everyone). Alternatively, Clown gets you Pop Goes The Weasel, another A+++ perk. If you like hexes, Hag gets you a few cool ones and Blight gives you Undying to keep them going. Nurse gets you Thanatophobia and Nurse's Calling if you like to play killers who wound everyone as part of their general gameplay. Doctor is great for Overcharge and Monitor & Abuse, some killers make very good use of those. Legion gets you a perk that lets you know if you have 2 or more people working on a gen, which is great for the start of a match. Ghostface gets you Thrilling Tremors, a good alternative to Corrupt Intervention, and I'm All Ears, which is always fun. Myers gets you Save the Best for Last and Play with your Food if you like to move/attack very fast by messing with people.

There are a few others but those are the ones that come to mind first.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Oh if you're going to play with the killer as you level them, then don't play clown. Or do, but keep in mind his kit is very meh. At least he doesn't slow down anymore before throwing bottles!

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

They are planning on eventually implementing skill ranks per killer, but ATM matchmaking is very wonky.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Yeah, Leatherface is very map-dependent. Interiors are hell if the player isn't used to just how big the hitbox for collision is when swinging the chainsaw around. Wide open spaces are his domain so try your best to avoid detection. Leatherface is also hosed over by windows and jungle gyms (the mazes of walls and windows lying around the maps). He is a very feast-or-famine killer, he either snowballs out of control with a double-triple down or he camps a hook for half the match while everyone does gens.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

The traps are mostly meant to be a delaying tactic, forcing people to go get them removed ASAP when they activate. If you chase them, the trap timer stops so make sure not to chase people who already have a trap and go instead for the ones actually focusing on objectives. You have enough time to basically check three out of four boxes in a big map when you have a trap on you, so getting a kill with them is kind of an oddity.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

When you're the last survivor, you either go for the hatch or camp an exit gate if you feel like the killer's bound to find the hatch faster than you. Remember, the hatch spawns as soon as the number of completed gens is higher than the number of survivors still in the game. So if the team managed to at least get three gens done, you can run around when it's just down to 2 survivors and try to spot it in case things go south.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Yeah, BBQ&C gives you an extra 100% of what you earn in a trial, which goes over the 32k cap per match. Just play whatever character you want and dump the BPs you earn into any other character, that what people do to level survivors up. Taking a killer you enjoy to level 50 is great once you've earned a lot of teachables since every bloodweb at 50 will offer you four perks, from which you can pick two.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Also important to keep in mind is that whenever there's a bloodpoints event (like the upcoming one on Oct 29th) the BP multiplier also stacks on top of BBQ&C / WGLF and ignores the per-match cap. During the yearly anniversaries, bloodwebs have cakes that give around 100% extra BP per player that uses one as an offering, so if you add that to BBQ&C / WGLF you can easily get over 600% BPs during the couple weeks those events last. Cakes also last forever in case you want to stock up.

(WGLF being the survivor equivalent of BBQ&C)

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Considering Clown is essentially an M1 killer whose power is decidedly less useful than Blight, bouncing around just to traverse the map or chase people may not be optimal but it's by no means bad. Just take Lethal Rush opportunities if they happen to appear. Most annoying part is getting used to his low point of view.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

DeathChicken posted:

Yikes but I hate Blight's midget-rear end viewpoint. He's hosed if the other team sends it to any map with tall grass (Yamaoka/Swamp/Cornfield) as I can't even see where I'm going

This is apparently getting fixed, but since they have to tweak animations it's going to take a while.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Yeah, the lights on top of the gate switch. I think they light up at 30% intervals or so?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

It's a form of teasing or outright bullying, depending oh how organized the survivors get with it lol The most common one is tebagging after stunning you, at the exit or when they just got unhooked and they know you'll just eat a Decisive Strike if you try to hook them again.
It can seriously get on people's nerves and get them to make stupid mistakes, especially when you do it with one of the killers who can actually crouch.

Azran fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Oct 31, 2020

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Clumping together at the exit gate is also a great way to get extra protection hits to max out WGLF.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I'm in love with PH's no-selling all sorts of DS/flashlight counterplay. Add to that a great theme song and a ranged attack that can hurt multiple people through walls and it's even more amazing. I've been using Otz's build: Tinkerer, Discordance, Hex: Undying and Ruin and it's been great so far, you basically always know where to go.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Finally got to Killer Rank 1! I owe it all to Pyramid Head's M2 :v:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Studio posted:

Grats!

How do you feel about PHead's Extremely Loud Sword?

I THINK it's a bug, because if you press M2 for half a second it goes away. But it's seriously annoying when you're trying to pinpoint an injured survivor's location.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Two codes available for 24hs:

ONLY5000 (5000 BP)
OVER5000 (5001 BP)

Azran fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Nov 6, 2020

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Apparently the next two realms to get a graphical touch-up are Autohaven Wreckers and Ormond. Still hoping for Coldwind Farm sooner rather than later.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Sometimes you need to purposefully tunnel people because you're down to 3 gens and they have 4 survivors running around - if you remove one from the game, the gamestate becomes way more manageable.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_ivjj9OuoU

Teaser for new chapter is up. Man, it's giving me a pretty distinct Until Dawn vibe. The video description says:

"Our past can sometimes be a burden that drives us to the most dangerous places in search of answers and hope...  "

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

CuddleCryptid posted:

Really if you put a gun to my head I'd say that the teaser is for the Witch from Left 4 Dead. Bill is already in the game, they had a L4D content drop recently and she could do a proximity rage mechanic for another rushdown killer.

Didn't the L4D content drop happen back in 2017?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

PTB is on November 10th, along with the realm graphical updates. Really curious when they'll update the healing animation, it's the most noticeably janky of them all.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Studio posted:

They should add uhhhh Belial from Basket Case.

Having just seen the Kill Count for this movie, yes please. Instead of chase music, it's just him screaming.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Ghost Face is probably the most irredeemable of them all, with the exception of maybe the Doctor and the Clown. Saddest ones are Wraith and Spirit, definitely.

Leaving aside the bad treatmeant of mental health that is common in horror media, there are some interesting bits of "woke" writing in the game (Jane's annoyance about being racially typecast and going into why it's wrong, Trapper's father shown as morally despicable for being anti-union, etc.) which make things like Leatherface's blackface cosmetic even more bizarre

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I think it's kind of like what happened with the OK sign in CoD. It's both one of the most common gestures in non-verbal language AND a neo-nazi gesture. So Infinity Ward removed it. It doesn't help that Meg and Dwight are very similar to his default mask and Jake's not a popular pick so it takes a long time to unlock him, while Claudette is the most popular character pick whose cosmetic is also very different in appearance. I guess it'd be odd not to have all four faces? But you just know what's the actual reason behind a Leatherface player using that particular cosmetic over all the others

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Pyrolocutus posted:

For the Killer Rift objective that's "hook the Obsession", do I need to be running an Obsession perk / does a Survivor need to, or will it trigger an Obsession when it's my active objective?

I think either of you needs to be running an obsession perk. If you want to get it done fast, there are a couple perks that switch the obsession around. I wouldn't worry, every match has someone running Decisive Strike.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Danknificent posted:

Is it bad manners to Mori people one minute into the match? I decided to use some of those pink skulls last night and I was shocked at how quickly the opportunities to Mori presented themselves.

It's basically a guaranteed rank down for them, if that matters to you. I bring moris when I see key + map combos because I don't have time for that poo poo, but if I feel like this is going to be a tryhardy match (all Neas, all Blendettes, all Megs) then I'll also bring a green one to remove their most skilled looper. It all depends on how competitive you are.

DeathChicken posted:

You know, every bit of advice I've seen for flashlight blinds is to just follow the person's footsteps and hit them, but I have no idea how that works considering *the blaring chase music* immediately drowns out any such thing

I mean, it's not like it's a 100% foolproof thing, so don't feel like getting blinded is basically a free hit because that's pretty far from the truth. The footsteps will be very loud if they try to go past you / close to you, but grunts of pain tend to be a much more noticeable giveaway IME.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Depends a bit on the killer. Many survivors will hang around the furthermost gens waiting for the duration to end, so going out and searching for them if you have whispers or undying can get you some hooks in before CI ends. For killers like trapper and hag, it gives you time to start setting traps down without being bothered, and in that case it's a win-win even if you don't see any survivors - if they stick around the outer gens, they will have to eventually move into your trapped area. Otherwise, just patrol the gens that aren't blocked and if you don't see any scratch marks anywhere, go for the blocked ones.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Got Undying at level 1 on PH at level 20 or so. Then it took me over a million BPs at level 50 to finally max it out. This is what I get for having all the teachables unlocked :cripes:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Pyrolocutus posted:

For the rift quest to escape 2x while using Urban Evasion, do I just have to have it equipped or is there something funny I need to do, like be crouching when the chase ends?

Here's a tip for that quest - wait for the killer to pick someone up and stand in front of them, then run away. It also works at the gate - as long as the music plays and you get the Escape bonus, then it's a chase.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

This is the closest we'll ever get to a Basket Case collab!

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

CuddleCryptid posted:

Not DbD though, we won't ever lose any of the many licenses from a variety of corporations :kiddo:

Something like this apparently happened with Freddy, he isn't available on Switch because of the rights dispute, but that's supposed to change before 2021. I imagine it'll be a Payday 2 situation, where if they lose the rights to a certain character, they'll just stop selling the DLC pack.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Yeah, map/key combos get mori'd. No quarter given.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Just FYI, Bubba isn't slow - he's as fast as Trapper (115%)