Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Nessus posted:

Does it require me to be directly facing them or just like looking in that general direction?

It the survivor falls within your cone of vision as a killer (whether or not there is an object in the way) Spine Chill will activate. If you're trying to play Scratched Mirror spooky Myers it's pretty obvious to figure out they have it (because you literally aura read them and watch them run away even if they can't see you), but there are ways to sus out that a survivor is using it even with other killers. You'll pick them up as you learn killer though, it's not super necessary and is more of an extra skill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Danaru posted:

poo poo, and I've been running perks that increase my FOV :frogdunce:

Honestly it doesn't really matter. Spine Chill is kind of a crutch perk that good killers can take advantage of because boy howdy have I caught survivors using it out with it just by walking at them backwards.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

You will come to hate Plague as you play vs her more. I love the concept of Plague, and she is very fun to play as but as a non-optimal likes to run heal builds survivor gently caress Plague, so hard. Very unfun design to play against, so it's a pretty damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of killer.

As a pro-tip for stealth survivor gameplay, it's important to learn the difference between hiding constantly cause because you had an inkling the killer might be around and wasting time and juking the killer in a stealthy manner in a chase or while they check an area to find you. It's also important to take some of the pressure occasionally so other survivors can get a chance to recover or do gens themselves.

Being a stealthy gen jockey is fine mind you, but being immersed or stealthy to the point you don't go for hook rescues or take killer pressure when everyone else is on second or death hook and you haven't even been hooked yet? It can be the difference between winning as 4 or 3 survivors and the killer getting a 3 or 4k game.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Danaru posted:

Ruin is pretty much worthless now, especially since it makes perks like surveilance, overcharge, or pop unusable until it gets cleansed.

Look I really like overcharge alright :mad:

Sorry hold on, Surveillance works amazingly with Ruin? It synergizes so well, as soon as a generator starts regressing with Ruin it'll activate Surveillance. The issue you may have now is they fixed Surveillance so that it automatically turns off if a generator finishes regressing to 0% progress no matter what caused that regression.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Lame Devil posted:

I want to try her as my next killer. Any tips?

As a Hag main, Lisa is amazing and hands down the most fun to play for me.

Trapping tips:

1. Always have nearly all 10 traps deployed. This sounds easy on paper, but in practice it takes some getting used to. Use a trap to get a hit and you know the survivor is chasing into another trap but you have some time? Set another trap in the same spot. Moving across the map? Set a trap on loops on your way. Internalizing this takes time but is worth it.

2. Only place one trap in front of a hook. Only. One. Trap. Seriously, watching hags wasting time doing this blows my mind. The only time it's worth multiple traps around a hook is the basement.

3. Once you get used to trapping loops and vault points, try placing traps in high traffic areas, or spots you know survivors travel regularly. The number of times I've started chases, gotten hits, or downs from random trap in high traffic area? Countless. You will get people questioning your sanity and why the hell was there a trap in the tire stack???

4. When in a chase and knowing that a survivor is running straight towards a trap, start mashing the button or key you have mapped to teleporting. You'll teleport as soon as the trap goes and if you attack immediately you will generally get a hit (this is called an ITH or Instant Teleport Hit). This only works if a survivor doesn't know a trap is there and is running at it in a straight line, rounding corners in loops can throw this off, leading into the next tip-

5. When teleporting to most traps you want to keep holding forward. It takes about half a second to start walking again, and this half second is necessary to give you a lunge after a survivor who's managed to make it past a trap. If you aren't moving, you don't have a lunge, this applies to other killers too but is most important for Hag since she is forced into immobility for that half second after teleporting.

6. Only put traps on one side or another of a pallet, never directly inside of one. If you're chasing a survivor into a pallet and they spring a trap while you're a distance away, most survivors will panic drop the pallet and then immediately vault back over. So basically, don't teleport right away if they drop the pallet! With the trap activated it's on the survivor to make the decision of which way to go and very few will make the right one, giving you an easy hit or down. Also a free dropped pallet.

7: Just downed a survivor? Do some trap maintence, resetting traps and breaking any pallets dropped. This is sorta basic killer play as well, just with Hag you have the extra layer of trap to maintain as well.

As for perks, the only two I would say are 100% meta and super duper good in all circumstances are A Nurse's Calling and Monitor & Abuse. Combine those two and you have a 16m tr tiny menace able to look survivors healing at 28 meters. The number of times you can sneak up on doofuses healing in a corner for a free down is kind of insane!

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

danbo posted:

Not exactly.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RUfIiWEOxNeMN9Ei501Dzd49lF8u_ADTQOQlpOkh90w/edit - page 15 of this Wraith guide illustrates exactly how it works. It's a 90-degree cone in front of you, but it doesn't correspond with your vision.

You don't need to moonwalk, keeping the relevant gen at the edge of your FOV is good enough. Perks that increase your FOV have no bearing on Spine Chill either.

It's well worth learning this regardless of the killer you play. Spine Chill is very popular and it can indeed be used to create a false sense of security.

TIL! Thanks, that'll help a lot knowing.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Killer really requires a certain mindset, mental fortitude, and flexibility to truly enjoy playing regularly. It requires so much more effort and concentration compared to playing as survivor where you have 3 other people to split the burden with that it can really burn someone out. Also that ultimately playing the most efficiently can oft times lead to complaints from survivors because it tends toward less sporting.

I find a lot of the major issues lie in that there is a big focus from the game telling you to a 4k when really a 2 or 3k game is totally fine and can often be quite fun! That and competitive spirits can really just get so invested that you get mad at the smallest things when... it's just a game bro.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Pinwiz11 posted:

e: I'm also aware that I've reached a point where the Survivors are going to be much more difficult. I just hit Rank 12 on Killer and I'm less than 100 hours played. I'm going to get stomped regularly and I'm okay with that as I improve.

The learning curve of this game is weird. For genuine new players I think it goes killer > survivors from like rank 20 to rank 13-12ish, then survivors > killer till around rank 7 or 6 where it starts to killer = survivor with a heavier slant toward killer or survivor based on map and experience with the particular killer you're playing as and against.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Doomykins posted:

I reflect on most games, though haven't noticed a significant trend of misplay on my end outside of getting totally outclassed and being unable to find people at all, total ninja stuff, pushing me towards learning some info perks. Maps are funny, I think I'm an outlier. Like you know how most killers hate Ormond? I love it because the survivors on the white filter/color palette are so easy for me to see. Coldwind is difficult because of the corn rows, interior maps are always a breeze, etc. Just the way my eyes focus.

A lot of the hate for Ormand stems from the initial release in which is was literally impossible to see totems, gens and survivor auras if they were outside about 48 meters. I believe it also also bigger overall and gens were so easy to separate it was essentially a lost battle at the start unless you could somehow find a good three gen with a strong defensive killer.

Like, I really cannot convey the frustration from trying to navigate that map as a killer or see literally anything. I reiterate, you could barely even see gens. It is much better now but after they fixed the issues it had, but old hate dies hard lol.

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Killers should be able to see 1 perk each survivor has for every 5 ranks down the survivor is.

Yes, this means if I get queued up into a 12, 16, 4, 8, I should be able to see 1, 0, 3, 2 of their perks in the lobby, and also know generally who I'm dealing with rank-wise.

Survivors should not get anything additional.

This is pointless to ask for because survivors only use the same 4 perks at red ranks anyway. :pseudo:

For serious though, hard disagree with this. A lot of the fun of the game is trying to figure out player perks based on how they're playing and acting along with other signs. Having it spelled out for the killer would also suck the fun out of doing dumb meme builds or just off meta stuff as survivor because they would know exactly what to expect. The sheer amount of power this information would give would wildly through out the game out of balance imo.

For all the other stuff you've posted, the amount of skill in this game tied to just experience and learning maps/perks/killers is pretty insane. The Game is a pretty heavily killer sided map, and the others you've mentioned are all pains in the rear end till you learn them for either side and success is really tied to how well you know any given map after a certain point.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Okay, then give me matchmaking that doesn't put me up against people who've clearly put in the hours to get (based on their perks) at least 3 other characters to levels 30-40 and are half my rank, because it's real hard to learn a map when they've gotten 2 gens down before I've gotten my first hook. Doesn't really make me want to play enough to learn at that point.

Since BHVR struggles with this themselves I unfortunately cannot help you. I can only leave you with the words of Rank means nothing in terms of player skill, it's just a measure of how much any given player has played that month. You could end up with a bunch of rank 20 survivors in your lobby that dunk on you because it's a bunch of expert 1000+ hour players that haven't played for a while, or a team of rank 1 survivors that are absolute potatoes and you question how the hell they even made it to red ranks with barely 3 digit gameplay hours and a distinct inability to loop.

As for the perks they have the Shrine of Secrets exists, so they may not even have leveled those characters up and just gotten them via the shrine. Most of the non-dlc survivor are where the majority of good survivor perks are located as well. Hell, someone just needs to level Bill to 40 and boom you have 2 of the big meta perks off one survivor.

My only advice would be to watch this video because it's probably the single most important thing to learn in the game. Hell, the entire thread should watch this.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I understand that you're trying to be helpful but I replied to a post with this video in it, about watching this video, on the previous page. Sometimes people just want to complain and aren't asking for your feedback.

I'm willing to bet I'm tired enough that after posting this elsewhere I forgot I got it from the thread originally, so my genuine apologies. Any advice I will give unless you want specific builds or gameplay tips will just boil down to this though: find your fun in the game. If you can't find any fun in it, I'd totally understand if you ended up dropping it.

I'm trying to post from a place of genuinely enjoying parts of the game, and also feeling similar frustrations at certain things. I often drop this game for a while to play other things because it really is a thing best enjoyed with friends or in smaller doses if solo.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

While I love playing most of the killers in this game, there are def a handful whose counterplay is unintuitive and not really understandable unless you A) play the killer yourself or B) have it explained to you.

Plague? Fun to play, you puke on people and make Iron Will and healing perks totally useless. To play vs? Probably my most hated killer at this point because her counter play is "lol just don't heal and gen rush bro" which is stupid, also I'm the weirdo who likes doing healing builds and her kit just counters me the majority of my perks when I do it full stop. Which is not fun, especially since I have no choice in the matter going into the match.

Freddy? Since his rework, he's pretty strong now. Map pressure, good chase pressure with traps to help cut loop times, your power counters BT which is one of the most prevalent and powerful survivor perks without much effort from yourself. Why is he counterintuitive? First time survivors have no idea that being in the dreamworld gives Freddy a huge cooldown reduction on his gen TP. You could argue "But Dreamworld is his power, of course being in it is bad!" and that you are, by design, subtly pushed toward waking yourself up with the clock, via a friend or failing a skill check. Also the fact a killer with a map wide TP AND traps for helping his chases is still 115% ms is beyond me.

As much as I love Hag, there is nothing to indicate in actual gameplay crouching over them will not trigger Hag traps. Or that flashlights both reveal and destroy them. Just the single time you load into a match for the first time against her you get some loading screen hints, which you may or may not have enough time to read depending on how good whatever you're playing on is.

poo poo, maybe I should just make a small list of all the dumb stuff you wouldn't know about a killer unless you played or were told about it.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I personally recommend not using Meg until you have a solid understanding of the game. Sprint Burst is a bit of a crutch for new players learning good habits, and Adrenaline is a very bad habit. That last one might be bias.

As mentioned before, highly recommend Bill as both Unbreakable and Borrowed Time are both amazing amazing perks!

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

PMush Perfect posted:

DBD calls Bill hard, but David intermediate.

BHVR are well known for their ability to categorize things properly. Obviously you just don't understand how the survivor with a perk who permanently removes the Healthy state for an entire trial, had a perk that was originally only good for farming by taking protection hits and at least has one defensive measure other survivors don't and is probably the most meta exhaustion perk in the game.

Or you can have a survivor who is able to recover from dying faster and get up from dying all by himself once per trial, the ability to provide a free hit to someone you just unhooked if the killer likes to camp, and I guess the ability to see the hatch when it spawns. Clearly this survivor is incredibly hard to play with their perks, they have an entire whole hit over that guy with No Mither!

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Der Shovel posted:

I did the tutorials.

They don't teach a lot, do they?

Where should I go next to learn what the gently caress?

Pick one of the better survivor or killer streams and watch them for a bit. Not into watching streams? Check out of the more popular youtubers for a bit of gameplay footage so you can get an idea of what you should be doing and what the general gameplay looks like. Or try and find someone (goon or friend) who is experienced to play with you if you want to do survivor.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I think the other big thing re: learning to play as survivor vs killer is that killer naturally tends toward always moving and trying to find people to chase. Conversely, it's really obvious when you're playing with or against new survivors because they'll just sit there hiding if they here even a faint heartbeat.

The biggest thing to learn as survivor is you should always be doing an objective or moving towards an objective to do it, only interrupted by the killer finding and chasing you. Which in itself is its own objective because it can allow other survivors to safely fix generators. The number of times I've watched new players crouched behind tires or boxes watching a killer who is across the map not even moving towards them when they could be doing a gen nearby, going for a save, or healing their friend is countless. I did this myself early on!

Learning killer powers, what the various perks do and the layouts of the map is literally just a matter of time, which can be lengthened or shortened based on whether you try to educate yourself outside of the game or not.

edit:

rydiafan posted:

Is there a goon LFG Discord?

Also, I've been running a Huntress today with BBQ, Whispers, Discord, and Nurse's Call. Played four games and got all 16 survivors dead, if you count the two I let go at the door as kills for research purposes.

Anybody have an alternate build they've had luck with, or thoughts on this one?

Looks fine, I'd personally drop Whispers and put something else in because you already have a bunch of information perks to let you find survivors. Pop Goes the Weasel, Ruin, Thanataphobia etc, some kind of slowdown you can use to get a bit of extra breathing room.

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Oct 24, 2020

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

PMush Perfect posted:

Thanatophobia and Nurse's Calling is an excellent mix in general, because it heavy disincentivizes the usual Nurse's Calling counterplay of just not healing. And it makes healing slower, so you have more time to find them. (Also, it's a combo that completely bodies Blendettes, which is always fun.)

Thana no longer slows down healing. They buffed the numbers (it now goes up to 20% slowdown) but made it only affect Repairs, Sabotage and Totem Cleansing.

Which leads into this:

TGLT posted:

Thanatophobia's penalty isn't big enough nor on enough to use as your main slowdown perk.

I actually think now it will be more worth using, and better synergize with Sloppy Butcher. % slowdowns in this game stack multiplicativity in a really diminishing manner so you get a better slowdown on actual repairs along with the not that much slower heal from the Mangled status effect. In addition, I suggested it specifically because I assume they had Nurse's perks unlocked but not many of the other killer's perks at this point. I'd totally use Pop or Ruin over Thana on Huntress, but at the very least Huntress can do a good job keeping people injured so it's not the worst.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Pyrolocutus posted:

I finally decided to make the plunge with DbD after hemming and hawing and looking over the Wiki a lot. I've started with the base game though I know ex: Leatherface is good for BBQ and Chili so I can get used to it a bit before investing further.

The last time I posted about DbD, I noted that I was severely hard of hearing and usually don't play with sound on in my games. I'm aware that other folks might turn up the sound but I just don't think that's going to work for me. I think Wraith is cool and it looks like some of his perks involve ways to visually hone in on people. Plus he has a Field of View increase perk (though I know Lightborn from Hillbilly is also good on him).

So as a thought exercise, if you were playing a killer and only had to use your eyes, what killers and perks would you use? Tracking people, seeing auras, etc.

E: I guess also stuff that keeps Survivors unaware of me to level the playing field a bit more as well.

Doctor is probably your best bet as a killer, as his tracking power is very visual. BBQ, Nurse's Calling, Discordance, basically any visual aura reading perk will probably help you significantly. Hell, Doctor even has a perk that not only improves your FoV (not as high as shadowborn but it helps) AND makes your Terror Radius smaller when not in chase to help you sneak up on survivors.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

PMush Perfect posted:

Oooh, I like that. Doctor with Monitor and Abuse, Infectious Fright, BBQ, and Nurse's. That'd be a fun combo. Doctor would work well even without any other aura perks, so Pyro would have someone to play well while working on unlocking the perks/waiting for the Shrine.

Infectious Fright is redundant to Doctor IMO. He also doesn't have a one shot ability to leverage it with, so frankly not a recommend. Make Your Choice, Devour Hope, Pop, Overcharge, Surge, Unnerving Presence are all things I'd replace Infectious with.

Now don't get me wrong, information perks are amazing in this game and I think vastly underrated in some respects by a lot of the playerbase. However, Doctor of all killers needs way less of them because he provides his own info from his power. What he needs more is the ability to slow the game down even further to allow him time to finish chases, or the ability to one shot survivors to help save time. Or you can do a horrific meme build that makes survivors want to stop playing but it has mixed, if amusing, results.

edit: I mean you're pretty much agreeing with me on doc not needing as many info perks lol but I think my point still stands overall.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

What are some good tips/recommended perks for a beginner Clown? I've been playing the game with friends for months now but only started playing Killer a couple weeks ago. I mainly play Huntress and Deathslinger.

Hahaha, good joke. Who wants to willingly play Clown?

To answer your question in good faith first though, generally Save The Best For Last (STBFL), Monitor and Abuse, Pop Goes the Weasel, BBQ&C is fairly meta off the top of my head. Clown is pretty much all about the winning chases ASAP with his bottles and STFBL improves this even further. If you can't do that and snowball your pressure he's a pretty difficult killer if you're inexperienced. Once you hit the survivors that know how to spread out and pressure gens it'll start to be a struggle while you build killer fundamentals (knowing how to map pressure, when to break chase etc).

The actual reality is he is the most boring rear end killer I've played in the game to date. Seriously, all you do is throw bottles at people that make them scream and slow down. All the free killers and all the other DLC killers at least have something interesting going on and what does Clown have? Bottles full of farts and a creepy laugh. Wow. I could literally teleport, throw hatchets, set beartraps OR teleport traps, Shock therapy the poo poo out of people or be Michael loving Myers. Even the two chainsaw stooges are more interesting cause they goddamn chainsaws. And that's just the short list.

At least his perks are pretty drat good.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Pyrolocutus posted:

Well, played first match as the Doctor and hooked two Survivors, would have gotten a third but they got saved by their friend with a flashlight delaying me just long enough to let them wriggle out of my grasp. I poured all the bonus bloodpoints into Doctor so ended up running Monitor and Abuse (rare), Overcharge (rare), Spies from the Shadows (rare), and Sloppy Butcher (rare).

Among the others I have (including Whispers at Very Rare lmao), I have Bitter Murmur (rare), Iron Grasp (rare), and Deerstalker (rare). I think one of those might be better than Spies from the Shadows.

Go ahead and just list things as levels lol, it'll save you some typing and make it easier to parse. I'd say drop Spies for Whispers, with the cavet depending on your hearing you may need to actively look to see if the Whispers perk icon is lighting up to notice if a survivor is within range or not. The audio cue for it is pretty subtle but constant when it is active though.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Danknificent posted:

What's the sort of dark mist that appears at the edges of my screen? Not the general foggy levels, but like a deliberate effect. I've seen it tons of times and I don't know what it is.

If it's what I'm thinking of, it's an indication you're currently not emitting a TR or red stain. I think the status effect is called Undetectable now? Certain killers get it via power, some via add-ons, and some via perks.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

poo poo, and here I was about to link a spreadsheet that Otz updates constantly with ratings of various perks and info of both killers and survivors along with some reliable killer builds. Honestly looking through Otz's stuff he does a fantastic job tutorializing this stuff.

Lisa (the Hag) is the most amazing and fun killer and I will toot that horn anywhere. Very powerful knowledge based killer, great theme. Play Hag.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Der Shovel posted:

Sales have started. All the characters are -50% in the in-game store (Silent Hill characters -20%), but not in the Steam DLC store. BUT! All the DLC, and the base game, are at least 50% off in the Humble Store, and they give Steam keys.

I'm thinking of getting Leatherface for the Grilling and Chili perk, and Pyramidhead because... well, Pyramidhead. But just Pyramidhead is only 400 in-game things (4€) vs. 5,59€ for the Silent Hill pack.

Is Cheryl worth 1,59€?

imo yes

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

temple posted:

How do you play a situation against wraith that knows you have sprint burst so they just hover around you until you use it? Do you ignore them until they reveal or do you move away? I'm not a sprint burst person but I'm tired of dead hard lagging.

Like are they just sitting there invis waiting around for you to use it or trying to fake the uncloak? At some point you just need to start making use of Sprint Burst to get to a good position for looping if it seems like a wraith (or any killer) is on to you and seems to know how to bait you into using Sprint Burst.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Boba Pearl posted:

I don't want to level The Cannibal to 35 for BBQ & Chili, because I think Hag, Nurse, Spirit, and Wraith, are the most fun

Is the perk that good for it??

Yes.

But you don't have to play him, just play other killers you like and sink the BP from playing them into Bubba.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

The Co-op Goon discord run by Vox isn't a bad choice imo.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Danknificent posted:

Got a lucky locker find and instant DC :discourse:

The number of times I have been accused of hacking or asked "how???" amuses me to no end. Like it's either obvious that it's one of the only things they could have done to disappear so suddenly, or my headphones pick up the squeak of a locker door even if they have Quick & Quiet.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Babe Magnet posted:

this game looks dope, how well would you guys say it's help up over the years? Once a sale happens again I'll probably end up getting it, but I'm only really interested in playing Guy Who's Legally Not Ghostface, but is Instead Wearing the Same Mask Ghostface Does in "Scream".

Been blasting through Otz's channel too.

Honestly? The game has only gotten better over the years. I dodged the early days of literal infinite loops, survivors always fast vaulting, og BT giving its effect to both unhooker and unhooked, etc. For all the flak BHVR gets they've done a good job for balancing for fun while occasionally trying new stuff that works sometimes, sometimes doesn't.

The game is fun, though I think survivor is way more fun with friends.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Babe Magnet posted:

This is what I was worried about, the last time I checked in on this game in any serious capacity it was just mountains of balance complaints with nothing good ever really being said about the game. Glad to hear it's improved.

Let it be known, people will complain about literally anything. The whole dedicated server thing people were begging for forever? When BHVR implemented it there was immediate backlash cause "muh dead hard". Wow, it's like p2p was their first choice (partially) since latency can be hard to balance when one of the five players needs to have prio on hits to have any kind of chance at the game!

Some complaints you'll hear about are totally justified (moris are unfun overall, keys are also equally game warping for a single item) while others are just people bitching because they don't like or understand a change. Play the game and if you have fun, that's what matters. Depending on how much you spent you'll get more than your money's worth of gameplay from this game if you get even slightly invested in it.

e;fb kinda but my points still stand as reinforcement :colbert:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Pre-rework Freddy wasn't bad per say, he was just unfun and boring to play as and against. Also one perk (Self-Care) which was very meta at the time was the closest thing to a hard counter a killer could have in a single perk was a problem for a long time. There were a number of players out there that figured out a pretty solid build for old Freddy that was counter-intuitive to how you would expect to play him. Hell, even Ortz loved pre-work Freddy and thought he was pretty decent which is saying something.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I mean I agree with you for the most part, it's just that old Freddy wasn't meme trash bad as people made him out to be. It's just the "good" strategy with him was so counterintuitive while his power was so boring and one note for both sides generally it just made him... not good overall.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

For me it's Plague. Doctor's madness effects aren't too bad unless they happen to be using Iri King and they don't really disable any perks. Iri King doctor is extremely irritating however.

Plague on the other hand, as I've mentioned previously, not only disables a ton of perks but is kind of a catch 22 of a power. If you cleanse, you give her arguably one of the best powers in the game. If you don't, you constantly have to play with only 1 hit and vomiting noises that give you away.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

rydiafan posted:

But at least I have that choice. I understand that both of those options are worse than what I'm afflicted with by the Doctor, but I personally get to choose which of those two options I think is tactically and personally preferable. With the Doctor my only choice is to go gently caress myself.

Fair. Maybe it's just having dealt with enough Doctors it doesn't bother me so much.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Danknificent posted:

Okay, serious question about Leatherface's chainsaw--I'm reading and it looks like I'm doing it wrong. I've been holding down Mouse 2 until he swings it and just using that, but apparently you can click to use more charges and extend the dash? Sorry if I'm dumb, but I'm struggling with this

Yes. Once you initiate the chainsaw swing, you can click m2 again to keep going till you're out of charges. Every charge you add means you'll be in tantrum longer if you hit a wall however.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Studio posted:

It's funny, I love recommending BBQ and Chili to players for grinding, but also forget that it's extremely useful outside of some of the smaller maps or like, The Hag. I played Spirit for the first time yesterday, and after every hook I just wanted to do a quick BBQ sweep but I hadn't unlocked it :qq:

The aura reading is good on every killer though, including the Hag? :confused: Hag has like two perks you should always run if you're playing seriously (Monitor&Abuse, A Nurse's Calling) and then two free perks to run whatever with. Hell, the M&A + NC combo is entirely optional, she's one of the most perk independent killers in the game imo.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Studio posted:

Well, for Hag and Pyramid Head it feels less critical since they just don't get as much usage out of it. Like you have a ton of map presence and knowledge already as The Hag. The info is never bad, but is it as useful for Hag?

Pyramid Head cages don't let you BBQ unfortunately. It's still useful when you do hook, but unfortunately it's still situational.

I'm not sure how the meta has shaken out for Pyramid Head, but it feels like people just get survivors tormented so they can quick mori them later when they're dead on hook and never actually bother caging anyone. Maybe it's shifted at higher ranks with Pyramid Head mains. :shrug:

Speaking from a point of playing Hag a whole lot, yes I have benefitted from BBQ quite regularly. Bloodpoints aside, being able to tell which way people will rotate from is extremely helpful for setting up traps in that direction, or even letting you know how many people might be nearby already. Also finding out if they're the gens nearby or far away.

Honestly though it's main use is for the BP, let's be real.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Studio posted:

I think you're also splitting hairs! "Not Extremely Useful" just means there's other perks that can compete with it more easily.

I dunno, there aren't a lot of perks I could think of wanting in BBQ's place. But I also have a terrible addiction to always wanting more BP. To me, there aren't a lot of perks that compete more easily cause it's the only perk worth using on Hag that gives extra BP but that is personal preference I suppose.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Boba Pearl posted:

Is pop goes the weasel teachable because idk why you'd run anything but bbq and weasel

It is teachable, but also after the nerf I think it's a bit less 'this is the best regression perk in the game' and more 'this is a really good regression perk some killers can make better use of than others'. The nerf for those wondering, is the duration you have to kick a generator to get Pop's benefit has dropped from 60 seconds at max rank to 45 seconds. Which was justified tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Pyrolocutus posted:

Is there a high uptime survivor perk that lets me see other survivor auras? It occurs to me that it'd help for seeing what other survivors are doing so I can decide if they're responding to a killer near them.

Bond, one of Dwight's teachables. Literally lets you see survivor auras in a 36? meter radius at all times.