Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Medullah posted:

"survivors start the match with only 5 crouches available. After using them they become permanently exposed"

There are legitimate reasons to crouch so this is just boring and OP.

Relyssa posted:

Make it so they immediately die and their account is permanently banned as well.

Better :hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

As a new player and killer exclusive player I will say I haven’t had any problems with toxicity at all, in game. The game doesn’t even have a chat! People teabag but that’s about it. Sometimes you get your rear end kicked and people hang out by the gate but it’s nothing that would make me afraid to play the game. The toxicity comes when you try to google poo poo. I haven’t engaged with any community stuff outside the game—people talk about “playing nice” as killer and I have no idea what that means or what the expectations are. I don’t camp people because then everyone else does gens, I dont “tunnel” but I don’t go out of my way to keep someone alive if they throw themselves in front of me three times. I have a ton of fun!

Most verbal toxicity occurs in post game chat, which if you have muted you will never see! Of course if you're on Steam and your profile isn't private than you may occasionally get a particularly salty person posting some heinous poo poo as a comment or just a dumb - karma thing.

Tbh if you're already zen about the game then you won't deal with any of the usual toxicity issues unless you actively seek it out (never visit BHVR's forums) or you hit the highest levels and survivors start learning how actually pull off some of the ruder things they can do with coordinated team play. That said, if that never bothers you hell yeah! Have fun.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I guess I'm gonna poke the elephant in the room but should we just make it a tradition to reboot the thread whenever the current OP ends up permabanned?

I'd insert an edited Doofenshmirtz nickel meme here if I wasn't stuck at work right now. If y'all don't really care that's fine, just wanted to check in case folks wanted to be able to get edits in the OP without having to bother a mod for it.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Medullah posted:

New OP should just be this

Excuse me that tier list is invalid for being very rude to Lisa. Rejected. :colbert:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Relyssa posted:

Definitely a good idea. What do we need in the new OP?

I agree with Nessus for the most part, but explicitly want to say that an accurate summary should include both the good and the bad parts of the game.

Maybe include a section that rotates the most recent addition to the game if you feel like putting in the effort to keep it up to date?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

My only other request is for you to not get permabanned Relyssa, otherwise we'll have to seriously consider discontinuing the thread. DbD cursing the OP to eventually get permabanned feels kind of thematic though. Who knew the Entity was out here browsing SA for new killers?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

go to the OP of the thread and click on her profile if you want to find out more. Suffice to say when I found out with a bunch of other goons it blew us all away. I'm not gonna try to explain it myself to try and not go any further in posting about posters.

but yeah she's perma'd now.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Another goon tried to make a general Asymm game thread but I'm not sure how much it's being used? There just aren't... well, any Asymm games that aren't DbD that have managed to be successful.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I think that article looks good overall! The only things I'd change are in the "what to pick to start with" section.

I agree with Doomykins about Trapper, but I don't think you should recommend Huntress as a starter. The slower characters don't do a decent job teaching the basics imo and Huntress is especially bad for this as while her Terror Radius is small, she has a massive lullaby that gives her away and majority of new players are gonna get owned by survivors hiding before they're even in range.

The best advice for new players picking up killers, imo, is to either pick either Trapper or Wraith to get used to the basic gameplay of the game, and just try and look through the others to see what powers/themes jump out at you.

Tbh all that advice kinda goes out of the window because imo the most important thing when learning the game is that you're having fun and picking a playstyle that suits you. I learned killer playing mostly The Hag, who I wouldn't really recommend to new players, because I just had a blast with her power!
If that means a new player joined to run around and roleplay as the Xenomorph, Pinhead, Michael Myers etc that's totally okay! Picking up a single DLC isn't generally that big of a deal on top of the base game imo, and plenty of sales happen too to make it even less of a tax to pick up a few.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Dead by Daylight: I'M NIC loving CAAAAGE!

Dead By Daylight: Greaaaaat. Crooooows.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Relyssa posted:

Can do! Will give it a bit longer to make sure everyone's happy with it, so get your thoughts in now!

Oh, before I forget - the second post will be news/patch notes/chapter info - is there anything I'm missing that's likely to be semi-frequently updated?

Maybe in the second post include a list of other currently active Asymm games, with the general consensus about them and a brief summary? Nothing as in-depth as the post about DbD though. Might take a bit of effort to keep updated but would probably help folks find other games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Tiny Myers posted:

I started trying to get Yun-Jin there and I only got to like 17 before I said "gently caress this", lol. It's such a huge dedicated time investment that I really feel like I'd take thousands of hours to get there normally, and by that point people will feel less negative about it because it'll be so common. Especially when it was first introduced, the only people who had the time and energy for that were like, no-lifers and content creators.

I've got some friends who have done P100 by now so I try not to judge it too much in general, but it's still a red flag.

tbf if you've gotten all the perks unlocked you care about and don't care to level any other survivors further, what else are you gonna put BP into if you're a survivor main who basically doesn't touch killer?

BHVR needed to keep the bloodpoint dump somewhere P100 is it.