Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
the d/c penalty being disabled has made people way more leave-happy. I've consistently had people quit on first down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Dawgstar posted:

Out of curiosity what's people's opinion on a good killer to start with? It feels like Bubba now especially with the rework plus BBQ but a friend was looking get into the game as a baby killer.

Bubba or Legion imo. Bubba for the obvious BBQ and one hit potential, Legion for forcing chases and learning mindgames

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
lotta killer streamers I like in this lineup, gonna be a fun weekend :beerpal:

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Philthy posted:

Killer streams is like watching an old Friday the 13th flick, it just has this "comfort food" type of feel to watching it with goofy stuff happening every so often. The only real people I can stand these days are Bronx, Umbra, and in moderation SpookyLoopz and Otz. Survivor stuff I can't watch for very long. Pallet runs just isn't entertaining. But I'm a killer main and rarely play survivor, so that's probably why. I don't like looping, I like short circuiting loops.

Bronx is probably my favorite pure dbd streamer. Even manages to make survivor entertaining for me to watch.

i really like wayneradiotv and socpens's dbd streams but they dont stream DBD very often

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Red rank killer I don't get many DCs, if I do it's generally someone who hosed up a chase at 5 gens and throws a tantrum.

Purple Survivor on the other hand I've had about 5 SWFs in the past 3 days DC all at once on me when one of them gets hooked

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Tangentially, this is an example of where I really don't get 'winning' or 'losing' in DbD. Did you get a good chase in? Did you do everything you could? There ya go good game.

according to BHVR a win is 2 kills on killer. a win in survivor depends on how you personally weigh altruism

if I help one other person escape I think that's a win for me if I die but ymmv

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
the boycott is incredibly stupid and reddit moving the goalposts because people didn't want to miss out on bloodpoints makes it very apparent how stupid it is

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

rydiafan posted:

No it isn't.

devs have stated on streams and stuff that they aim for 2 kills and 2 escapes being a "win" for both parties. 2 kills is generally the cut off for Entity Displeased as well (although other things can contribute to that, I've gotten brutal killer with one kill)

DeathChicken posted:

I personally blame that big screeching Entity Displeased screen you get as killer if you don't meet an archaic point standard that often has little to do with how you played (see Plague being really bad at getting emblems just because of how she works mechanically). When even the dev team's stated win condition will get you the equivalent of a Game Over screen, something is screwed up
. yeah the entity displeased thing can be really wonky. I think it's tied to total bloodpoints or something and their stated baseline will Often get you the requirement to avoid depipping, you can have edge cases where it still happens. like I've had a tombstone Myers game where I depipped with 3 kills because they were all moris with no hooks

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Is there like a stage between full screen blind and actually being stunned by flashlight? Multiple times the past couple weeks I've gotten blinded while picking up someone but never got stunned or dropped them, but my screen was fully obscured. I'm like 99% sure it played the sound cue that usually accompanies the stun as well but no notification.

if they try flashlighting too early (from survivor perspective, when the pickup animation has the survivor below the killers knees) the blind won't stun. you can keep the light on them and if they're looking at you it'll trigger another blind and stun, but otherwise yeah, they hosed up

Dawgstar posted:

Man, I wish survivors could get over the idea that being hooked once is a failure state.

(And also if you're doing a flashlight stun at a pallet you're using your flashlight wrong.)

this is partially BHVRs fault because there's an emblem that can only be Iridescent if you are at 0 hooks when you escape

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
picking Iron Maiden for the reload speed buff on Huntress/Trickster and the side effect of hilarious screams is just a bonus

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Vengarr posted:

Not just zero hooks. Zero downs! If you lose a single chase, gold is the best you can do. It’s wild.

oh wow I had no idea

it's hilarious how all iri is like, impossible on survivor, meanwhile merciless/4 iri killer is just killing everyone before they open the exit gates

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I think fortnite has a no audio mode for people playing in public on phone/hard of hearing and it mutes all audio in exchange for the visual queues so you can't abuse it. Might be a fair tradeoff for them to add. I'm sure some sweaty tryhards would use it just to get an edge but I don't think it'd ruin everything or whatever.

they actually changed this so it doesn't remove the audio because there was no provable advantage

having nice headphones makes this game so much easier for killers I don't see a reason not to add it as an option for people who need it or don't have expensive rear end headphones

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
yeah you have to facecamp a LOT to lose iri hooks if you get 4k. iirc it's around a full hook state? and if you're camping for that long you're going to lose iri gatekeeper etc anyway unless the survivors are all sitting around the hook too

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
yeah every time Otz has been asked about balance on stream he's always argued in favor of lower skilled survivors/"fun", the dude doesn't want this game to be super killer sided because that isn't fun for anyone. survivors don't get poo poo and killers don't have any challenge

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
rework Pop to be an eruption style explosion on another gen after you kick one, add 5-10% instant regression baseline to kicks, and make the default regression rate 150%.

maybe cap ruin at 150% too but honestly with how many anti-totem perks survivors have now I don't think that's necessary

pop feels mandatory because right now kicking without it is almost worthless. making gens take longer just makes the game long for everyone, give killers more baseline tools for gen regression so it isn't ruin/pop/bbq/x every game

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Pinwiz11 posted:

Tournaments can work when Survivors and Killers are in separate groups and are scored separately.

i thought this was how it worked? idk my understanding of comp was a team has 1 killer and 4 survivors, and they match up against another team and basically compete for the best performance

team x faces team y's killer, team y faces team x's killer, the team that gets more escapes or faster escapes wins

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
I've only made survivors bleed out once and it was when the sabo addon for toolboxes made the sabotage permanent (really weird bug, they fixed it like a week after Trickster launched) and I kept having a team run to the part of the map with no hooks so I couldn't put anyone up, ended up having to slug all 4

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
trapper needing to collect all his poo poo to get rolling feels like such bad game design considering like, hag and pallet Freddy can start setting up from the jump

I have a lot of fun playing trapper (sometimes) but it really depends on map setup

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
I actually can't believe it took that many games because I use the party popper addon on Clown constantly because it's funny

I feel like chain limiter Bubba with the iri refresh addon is also relatively common??

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Ape Agitator posted:

When I learned earlier on that all of the category BP bonus add-ons had the same cap, I thought it was a bug that would clearly be fixed as BBQ doesn't.

That said, Dowsy got use out of them during his Hardcore challenges as BP gains were critical and hitting the cap was important to do every match. But hardcore challenges are essentially meming so it feeds Otzs point.

this is a weird MTG style wording on BHVRs part I'm pretty sure. Distressing buffs your point gain in the same way that Bloodpoint add-ons do, whereas WGLF/BBQ/BP offerings all specifically say bonus added at the end of the Trial (so it ignores the 8k per category cap)

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Studio posted:

Party Bottles suffer from "who's playing clown??"

combination Redheads Pinky Finger with the party bottles so you can celebrate making every chase trivial with the survivor players

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
a Scooby Doo chapter would be loving amazing

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

tithin posted:

What the hell does the mist do? The offerings, I mean, both survivors and the killer can bring stuff that thickens the mist but I don't see anywhere what sort of gameplay impact that has

if you drop a purple reagent and pay attention you'll notice it, it's the like clouds of grey smoke that kick up from the ground, they have a weird blotchy effect and ignore lighting so they're good for obscuring you in the distance etc

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
I've played RPD 3 times and 2 of them was on Blight. It's a nightmare

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
around like 10-11 PM PST killer queues become instant on the west coast, it's just a lot of people playing Pinhead right now

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
NOED in my opinion sits in the same spot as Lethal Pursuer: you're taking a perk that's active for an incredibly short time of the match to gain a huge advantage in that window. A match going too smoothly and you getting to exit gates with 0-2 hooks Should put you on edge, because something is obviously wrong (or you're fighting a baby) and if you're at 1 gen with hardly any hooks someone should snap away to do bones

like yeah I guess it sucks that a killer could steamroll you before you get the exit gates open but at 4 gens survivors could all just key a hatch and feels just as lovely

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

King Vidiot posted:

As a killer, my only goal is to spook some people. If people get spooked then my work is done.

I mean, I just have to assume I spook at least one person per match. Honor system.

scratched mirror myers is the most fun i have in this game but its an intense BP tax because i need an indoor map offering and a very rare addon to pull it off

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
yeah im just taking a break from killer until something gets done. if i try to play fun i just get sweaty nerds who genrush and teabag at exit gates, if i play something meta i get screamed at for being a loser tryhard. playing survivor is so much less stressful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

DeathChicken posted:

I got that one playing Jumpscare Myers on Midwich (for some strange reason the game would not give me a Lery's offering through three complete bloodwebs)

Lery's has a loving -terrible- weighting. Bronx spends points on Myers entirely for Lery's offerings and has to go through a million bloodpoints for one or two.