Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Just bought DBD, as well as the meyers, ghost face, and pyramid head dlcs which were also on sale. I'm really excited to dig into the game. I've been watching a ton of videos and I think I have a decent grasp on how to get started, but man this game seems obtuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Is Myers a reasonable character to start playing on? He's so fun, and his gameplay loops seems simple enough.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Just got my first win on myers, definitely sticking with him, so drat fun.

I think best for last and play with your food are decent perks for a starter build as well, and once I get bbq and chili I just need one more decent perk off the blood web and I should be good to go.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Yeah, videos of the infinite tier 3 tombstone myers and the mirror builds definitely influenced my choice of killer.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
8 streak on Myers, really loving these new player lobbies.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I'm branching out to playing some bubba now and I have monstrous shrine, territorial imperative, and that one that makes you undetectable when standing still all unlocked now. I'd say it's time to camp some basements.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Actually I'm just gonna run insidious on my basic build instead of trying for a basement specific build. It does basically everything I want and I've already pulled off some really nasty hook camps with it. It feels cheap as poo poo, but it's hard to argue with the efficiency of the technique or how fun it is, especially while I'm still trying to powerlevel for teachables.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I use it maybe a couple of times a game, I just like having a reliable trick in my toolkit that I can mix things up with and get some pressure going on the survivors. I'm still playing more or less normally and getting a whole lot of bp.