Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Are you new to this game, and interested in the wide world of Murder? Well have I got some videos for you! This guy is Otz, and he does really good guides for DBD, I'd recommend watching him stream to get better at the game, he doesn't say gamer words, and is rather chill!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nflN137VU5g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKQXO7yFbLA

What perks or addons should I use?

This has a good list of who has what perks, and how good they are.

This is an 8 hour video covering every addon every killed can get, and rates them in a tierlist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShD_xVH8DR0

If you don't know what to do as a starting out killer, Pay 5$ extra, buy The Cannibal, play him to level 35

Want to play with other goons? We're trying to get some games going on here:

Evil Kit posted:

The Co-op Goon discord run by Vox isn't a bad choice imo.

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Oct 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
You can be high rank and also be bad at the game right? Like it's the amount of games you've played not your mmr?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I'm really bad at killer because I like to walk around and ring my bell and spook people off of gens instead of like, actually trying to hit them or something. It's just more fun to ring my bell and watch people scurry like rats.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Doomykins posted:

Crossplay is perfectly cromulent, I've seen astounding survivors and killers from console as well as the usual spread of newbies, average and potato. The only real difference is PC and Console can't see each others post game chat.

A blessing in disguise

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Der Shovel posted:

As an aside is there any way to turn that off? These are the saltiest, most toxic motherfuckers I've seen in a game and I could do without racist and homophobic abuse after ~most games.

What I did, from a steampost

quote:

You cannot disable it completely but you can hide the chat by default unless you press the >> button bottom right corner to unhide the chat. Every time you start the game the chat is hidden by default so what you have to do is follow this;

1) Press Win(Windows Key)+R, paste the following in the text box and hit enter:
%LocalAppData%\DeadByDaylight\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini

2) Find the following existing lines and change in the file:
ChatDefaultVisibility=True
to
ChatDefaultVisibility=False

3) Now save, and then launch your game. Enjoy your hidden chat by default!!

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I don't want to level The Cannibal to 35 for BBQ & Chili, because I think Hag, Nurse, Spirit, and Wraith, are the most fun

Is the perk that good for it??

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I 'd also be down, we'd need a discord tho

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Also, I have been a lovely OP, can people post links and stuff they want in the OP?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I added those, and also this Spreadsheet on which Killers should use which perks

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uk0OnioNZgLly_Y9pZ1o0p3qYS9-mpknkv3DlkXAxGA/edit#gid=1886110215

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Babe Magnet posted:

this game looks dope, how well would you guys say it's help up over the years? Once a sale happens again I'll probably end up getting it, but I'm only really interested in playing Guy Who's Legally Not Ghostface, but is Instead Wearing the Same Mask Ghostface Does in "Scream".

Been blasting through Otz's channel too.

Ghost face is a licensed killer, so A.) That's actually ghost face legally and B.) He is gonna cost 5$ (2.50 if he's on sale)

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I didn't know all that, whoops lol.

e: I thought because they had the face and the shroud they had the character, but I never watched the trailer myself.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Is pop goes the weasel teachable because idk why you'd run anything but bbq and weasel

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
How do you kick generators? Do you have to have a perk?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I have never kicked a gen before. Is it useful?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Idk if Survivors are just brain dead in the early ranks or what, but I have yet to lose a single match as the Hillbilly from level 1 -> 31. Though I did get a bunch of levels from the halloween bonus, and 5k iridescent shards. I'm saving up and I don't even know who I want to buy.

E: Flashlights are so easy to beat by looking at the ground it seems unfair. If you do manage to flash me though, you are the first to get hooked.

e2: I'm rank 18 btw

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Nov 8, 2020

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I finally got BBQ and Chili how to I put it on other killers now?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Azran posted:

This is the closest we'll ever get to a Basket Case collab!

Oh gently caress, I now remember that movie lmao.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I just played Huntress for the first time (I finally got to 35 with the BBQ and Chili dude.) I miss my bloodpoints, and being able to see survivors when I'm hooking someone, but it is so fun to 360 no scope fools with my hatchets

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

DeathChicken posted:

If you see a Jane she's just gonna hop in a locker, stay there for three seconds and go "Nah nah I'm invincible as long as I don't stay here for a full minute", so yeah

That's when you wait a minute to slug her, even if it costs you a couple of gens.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Thanks for the heads up about the Meyers perk, I always forget to check the store.

Dude I think I'm in love with Hag

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Nov 17, 2020

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

I've noticed way more DCs and WAY more salty survivors when you do catch them and they stick around. I've also come around to the idea that if a survivor hits the crouch button more than 3 times in 5 seconds it should inflict a wound.

Do what Overwatch does, and disable your crouch after 2 or 3 tea bags.

Also teabagging survivors get slugged and tunneled, idgaf

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

rydiafan posted:

So which is it?

I think they're saying they fixed it on the PTB but the patch isn't ready for live? Idk.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
As long as it makes me win, I'm going to tunnel and camp. I will stop when it stops working to focus on their best player, and make sure they don't get to play.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

PMush Perfect posted:

I love Huntress because she's a big muscular Russian murderwife and I'm a useless lesbian.

plz dont' doxx me

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Apple2o posted:

MYC isn't going to carry you alone, Devour Hope is always liable to spawn in some trash location. Wraith is a hit and run killer at his core. If you can't get carried by a good devour spawn hit and run with sloppy is always your best bet. Stay salty, I go for weeks without losing in this game.

Can you make an effort to not be such a prick to everyone who has to share a space with you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I was really enjoying a Huntress streamer.

And then he got really weird about Claudettes, and how every Claudette needed to be killed, and I think he had a tracker and the twitch chat cheered him on everytime.

I stopped watching streams that weren't Otz after that experience.

Which is sad, because the dude was amazing as Huntress.

I originally thought it was a race thing, but the streamer was black, the whole thing just made me feel very squicked out though.