Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?

PMush Perfect posted:

Edit 3: For anyone who's curious, current shrine is Bond, Thanatophobia, Enduring, and Lithe(!).

I'm just trying to get back into this after bouncing off a couple of times and swiping Lithe from this seems like a good idea! Thanks for the heads up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Tha_Joker_GAmer posted:

how much do you think ninja got paid to play this game for 1 hour

Disguised Toast back in late 2018 did a video on how much he gets offered for sponsored stuff, and he was not as well known back then outside the Hearthstone community. He said back then someone who averaged 10k viewers would typically get offered between 1k and 10k per hour for sponsored streaming. I don't know what Ninja pulls these days but I can only imagine those dollars have gone up since Toast did this video two years ago.

So probably Ninja got paid a considerable percentage of the median annual income for household in the US for it.

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

So I've only played a few matches and am playing Cannibal now to unlock teachable BBQ and Chili. One funny thing that has happened in each of the last two matches that I figure I should enjoy while it lasts is chasing a survivor who beelines toward a hooked survivor to unhook them, while still in the chase. Yes, please I will enjoy chainsawing the both of you simultaneously the moment the unhook animation finishes.

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

The Berzerker posted:

Assuming they do a similar event next year, the petal offerings will be usable next time around, yeah. They don't leave your inventory but will become faded out and put at the far end of the offering list.

You lose them if you prestige, right? I feel like prestiging might not be worth it in this game? Are there any killers or survivors that get any particularly cool looking things for doing it, or is it all "Same outfit, but with blood on it"

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Still new guy question: If I'm chasing a survivor as Bubba and they go to try to unhook someone, so I just chainsaw both of them back down, am I being a shithead tunneler or is that always the right thing to do? I don't think I'd want to live in a world where it's wrong because it's the most satisfying thing ever, but I know killing people too fast may not be the most efficient way to get bloodpoints or pips?

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Opening the hatch with a key angers the entity since you aren't going through the whole process, and in retaliation it afflicts everyone with Exposed for the rest of the match.

Disclaimer: I have fewer than 20 hours in this game and know poo poo all about balance in it. I just think it would be funny.

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I had a killer last night who called me an old man and told me to “go eat a potato chip while your children sleep peacefully”.

This reminds me of some goon who made a post saying they got bullied by Bobby Flay on throwdown and said Bobby Flay called them "a rickety old ship of a man."

I think about that insult sometimes and it always sparks joy.

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

DeathChicken posted:

People whining about "proxy camping" is always funny. Yes, the killer is keeping an eye on the hooked person for the inevitable rescue while doing other stuff. That is the point, you dumb fucks

Oh I wondered what proxy meant. Like I assumed that's what it meant but also assumed I had to be wrong since that seems like exactly what the killer is supposed to do? I should never underestimate this game's community on the "if you do something that makes you beat me, you're toxic" thing.

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Help, I have the huntress lullaby stuck in my head.

I'm sure this is news to no one in this thread but I was finally able to get 4 friends together to play custom games over the weekend and holy hell does this game absolutely shine when the entire lobby is friends and you just rotate the killer role. I had the most play time of any of us even at a minuscule 30 hours and change, so the matches were total clusters but it was still incredible.

When you know people aren't trying to ruin your fun and you're just all having a good time killing each other, this is one of the best gaming experiences I've had in a long time.

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

What's everyone's favorite meme builds for killer? There's the classic insidious bubba protecting his chest/any items that come to the basement with Franklin's but what other silliness can one get up to?

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Dowsey is ridiculously good but I wish he was not always trying to 4k. If he would just count a hatch escape for the last person as a win in his streaks I think I would watch more of his streams. The playstyle required to slug out the third person to search for the 4th is tough to watch game after game.

Edit: This game posted was fine I mean more in general with his streams and challenges that he sets for himself.

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Danaru posted:

Legion, who is level one because who plays Legion

Who do we report mods to? Jeffrey? I can't have you disparaging my buddies. We just like to hang out under the bleachers and smoke weed, okay?

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Cease to Hope posted:

Raging_Ryuga is one of the best Legions around period, and he has a ton of advice in his guides.

Thanks for this! I'm bad at the game but I like to play it to chill and stabby stab, and Legion is one of the best at stabby stab. I wasn't aware of this person and am excited to watch their content.

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

How? There's already enough griefing even without Killer + Survivor lobbies, I don't know how it would make worse somehow.

It's already bad enough when a single survivor decides to troll or give up on first hook or something. If there was a survivor that was friends with the killer in a non custom "we're all friends" situation it would absolutely ruin this game.

Can you imagine a survivor who doesn't care about their rank queuing with a killer and letting them kill them off immediately every time or helping the killer farm other survivors?

It's not an exaggeration to say this would destroy the game.

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Medullah posted:

I just did a round as Leatherface, and grabbed two survivors, only to have them immediately disappear off my shoulder. Is there some perk that allows that or is the game glitchy?

If they still existed in game and didn't disconnect, it's just the game being stupid. Same thing happened to me grabbing a Bill out of a locker once and going through the animation then seeing him run off a few seconds later. No DS or anything.

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

marshmallow creep posted:

Is this why people are DC'ing so much?

I'm mid match, two gens finished, working on a rescue, and suddenly Easy Anti-Cheat decides I've modified my game files and closes my game.

All files verified successfully. Nothing needed to be changed or redownloaded, according to Steam.

This used to happen to me on my old PC after literally every game update. In my case however there was always some file that would fail to validate and need to be redownloaded and after that it was fine. Strange that you didn't have any files that failed to validate. Or maybe not strange at all and was just the game being buggy as gently caress, this is dead by daylight we're talking about.

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Excited to log in for my free 250k "sorry for the rank reset reward bug" bloodpoints even though I didn't play last month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

GlyphGryph posted:

I thought maybe I was just done with the asymmetric horror genre because I couldnt bring myself to play this any more, but no! I'm genuinely excited to play Evil Dead!

I just wish it was available on normal PC, I hate having to open up Epic. Don't know why its so unpleasant but they somehow manage it. Not as bad as, like, origin, but still pretty bad.

What is it Steam does I wonder that makes it so pleasant to use by comparison to its competitors? There's definitely something. Probably several somethings.

Hopefully its not an epic exclusive for terribly long. Its usually either six months or a year, right?

I think it's usually a year. But you don't have to launch it via Epic. It's just an icon on my desktop. I tried to add it to my Steam library as "Add a non steam game" and it launched fine and got to the title screen but couldn't connect to the servers. If you're smarter than me, there's probably some fuckery you could do via file paths and launch commands to make it work in Steam, though.

Abisteen fucked around with this message at 14:08 on May 16, 2022