Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karma Guard
Jun 21, 2006
Just one spray keeps bad karma away!
I play both in DbD and my only real problem is that I'm bad at maps and navigating :negative:.

I also think my fav killer is the Spectre but he plays exactly how I want. I love being fast as gently caress and invisible.

I did get my first salty Survivor the other night playing as the Trapper. Said I was a camper because I put a trap in a super-obvious spot and he stepped in it :allears:.

Padded/Bloody coil sounds amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Guard
Jun 21, 2006

Danaru posted:

Wraith is a ton of fun and his addons are pretty great too. I think I remember reading that he doesnt trigger Spine Chill when cloaked, and considering how many people rely on that instead of looking around, you can get some good spooks :v:

Oh, people never learn. You can literally be blocking their path while invisible and they just [bonk bonk bonk] until you bell at them. It's so funny :allears:. Same thing with the traps. I end up just shrugging and reactivating them and they step in them again. I love it.

I also started liking survivor more when I realized the point of my game, as a baby new character with one perk and a lovely flashlight, is to just.... waste their time. I just got the game when it was on sale a little back so I don't have a lot of anything.

The game's presentation of information does need some work, though. They just use the icons for your buffs/debuffs and I don't know what 'four skulls in a circle' is! I just know it's bad??? Same with status effects. I don't know what a mangled is. Just tell me!

(yes, I check the wiki for info. it's still lame.)

Karma Guard
Jun 21, 2006
They just put a new killer for DBD on the PTR! He is very cool looking. We thought it was going to be Vigo himself, but I guess not. Instead, he's just a dude! They also added a new Survivor.

The killer- the Blight- is a high-mobility guy, more like the chainsaw boys than anything else. You have five charges of Dash. You can't attack when you Dash. If you pinball into something with a Dash, you can Dash again, and this Dash lets you whack Survivors.

His perks are basically 'Hex: gently caress your pallets', 'Hex: try again next time, loser' and a boobytrap-the-generator one.

The survivor is Felix, who is some architect dork. His perks are 'Where the gently caress are the generators', 'when someone's hurt in any way I do un-hurting actions faster' and 'Oh hey, I found a roll of duct tape in the item I'm using'.

They're also sprucing up a lot of things including the Generators' models and the animations for fixing one. It's quite nice.

Here's a link to the wiki for like, actual details: https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/CHAPTER_XVII:_Descend_Beyond

Karma Guard fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Aug 19, 2020