Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you

Evil Bob posted:

Wow, I haven't had Chilaquiles or Huevos Rancheros for at least 4 months. Looks like I've got a mission. If you made the dish in your pic at home you are a chef.

that's not my picture i found it on the internet

here's one of mine :yum:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Bob

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.

canyoneer posted:

nice work!

Prof. Crocodile

canyoneer posted:

v good breakfasting nonetheless

canyoneer

thanks for your kind words about chilaquiles. they are great breakfast.

i would like to share another good breakfast with you, aebleskivers.

aebleskivers are a traditional danish breakfast food. they are little golf ball sized, spherical pancakes. as you're cooking them, you fill the inside with fruit, chocolate chips, apple pie filling, nutella, or anything else that would be delicious inside a pancake ball. these ones have blueberries and chocolate chips inside.

Prof. Crocodile

canyoneer posted:

thanks for your kind words about chilaquiles. they are great breakfast.

i would like to share another good breakfast with you, aebleskivers.

aebleskivers are a traditional danish breakfast food. they are little golf ball sized, spherical pancakes. as you're cooking them, you fill the inside with fruit, chocolate chips, apple pie filling, nutella, or anything else that would be delicious inside a pancake ball. these ones have blueberries and chocolate chips inside.

ok now you're just showing off :colbert:

Khanstant
drat i want some pancake gushers now

nut

good morning I am preparing a breakfast

Finger Prince

Work mornings is black coffee and a bowl of home made granola with oat milk. Half a banana and some dried blueberries mixed in today. Lately I've been cutting the granola with some fiber1 to clear a bit of backlog. I prefer granola with kefir but I haven't got any right now and keep forgetting to buy some.
Weekends sometimes I branch out and make something fancy or toast.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

usually a tortilla or toast maybe and occasionally a cup of canned peaches or pears or something.

And at least 3 cups of milky yorkshire tea

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
I'm trying to be healthy so as much as I want pancakes and fruit tomorrow, I'm not going to partake in pancakes and fruit tomorrow :saddowns:

STING 64

Jamaican patty, banana, and mango juice

Prof. Crocodile

JOHN CENA posted:

Jamaican patty, banana, and mango juice

five star breakfasting right down to the good mango juice

mediaphage

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i was reading this thread this morning and took a picture of my breakfast for you but forgot to post it so this is now a breakfast memorial post

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
brownie cereal

Evil Bob

M-F standard is quick cook oatmeal with a tablespoon of jam and some almond milk. And a large cup of french press coffee :evilbuddy:

canyoneer

there are breakfast heroes, and breakfast villains

idiotsavant
gallo pinto + fried egg muffin sandwich + coffee

chilaquiles are really easy to make btw. for the most bare-bones version all you need are some 4-6" corn tortillas and salsa verde or salsa roja depending on your preference. I've been making mine with Papalote salsa roja cause its so loving good. it's traditionally made with stale tortillas and if you really want you can leave some out overnight or something but i just use fresh ones.

For the super basic version tear the tortillas up into rough pieces. I usually do 6ths but 3rds, quarters, strips, whatever. Fry them in a little oil on medium-high heat, tossing or turning them so they don't burn. This is one of the important parts: you want a mix of crispy and chewy, so don't fry them 'til theyre chips, just most of the way. You'll figure out what you like from experience. Now take 2-3 big spoonfuls of your salsa and dump it on top of your fried tortillas and toss it all vigorously. Turn off the heat and you're done with the simple version!

Pro version ingredients are some shredded cheese or cotija and an egg or two per person. Fry the tortillas the same way but once theyre cooked pull them out (without adding salsa) and leave them in a bowl on the side. loosely beat the eggs (15 seconds of breaking the yolks up and mixing is plenty) and then the next part happens kind of all at once. start to scramble the eggs, and when theyre halfway done dump the tortillas in, dump in salsa, and dump in cheese and vigorously toss the whole thing just until the eggs are cooked through, and thats it. removing the cooked tortillas is an important step cause it leaves them crispy still

you can put all the regular stuff on top btw like sour cream/crema, avocado, cilantro, squeeze of lime, etc. I like to fry some green onions and add my eggs to that

if you make chilaquiles by putting salsa on tortilla chips youre a monster and need to go to chilaquiles hell

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

canyoneer posted:

:ohdear:

Prof. Crocodile

canyoneer posted:

fcking Andrew schnickel if I ever see you around my favorite brunch spot with your bogus buckwheat so help me :argh:

Finger Prince

idiotsavant posted:

gallo pinto + fried egg muffin sandwich + coffee

chilaquiles are really easy to make btw. for the most bare-bones version all you need are some 4-6" corn tortillas and salsa verde or salsa roja depending on your preference. I've been making mine with Papalote salsa roja cause its so loving good. it's traditionally made with stale tortillas and if you really want you can leave some out overnight or something but i just use fresh ones.

For the super basic version tear the tortillas up into rough pieces. I usually do 6ths but 3rds, quarters, strips, whatever. Fry them in a little oil on medium-high heat, tossing or turning them so they don't burn. This is one of the important parts: you want a mix of crispy and chewy, so don't fry them 'til theyre chips, just most of the way. You'll figure out what you like from experience. Now take 2-3 big spoonfuls of your salsa and dump it on top of your fried tortillas and toss it all vigorously. Turn off the heat and you're done with the simple version!

Pro version ingredients are some shredded cheese or cotija and an egg or two per person. Fry the tortillas the same way but once theyre cooked pull them out (without adding salsa) and leave them in a bowl on the side. loosely beat the eggs (15 seconds of breaking the yolks up and mixing is plenty) and then the next part happens kind of all at once. start to scramble the eggs, and when theyre halfway done dump the tortillas in, dump in salsa, and dump in cheese and vigorously toss the whole thing just until the eggs are cooked through, and thats it. removing the cooked tortillas is an important step cause it leaves them crispy still

you can put all the regular stuff on top btw like sour cream/crema, avocado, cilantro, squeeze of lime, etc. I like to fry some green onions and add my eggs to that

if you make chilaquiles by putting salsa on tortilla chips youre a monster and need to go to chilaquiles hell

TIL the nameless post college meal my roommate came up with that looked gross and tasted awesome was in fact chilaquiles, only made with hash browns* instead of tortillas.

*the little cubed/diced bits of potato style, not like the McDonald's patties or shredded rösti style

Chewbecca

That looks like corn not potatoes! :psyduck:

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

Chewbecca posted:

That looks like corn not potatoes! :psyduck:

Cornatoes!

Or por...oh.

Chewbecca

I don't get how people do intermittent fasting cos it's 11am Saturday and I'm starving!

I've had a coffee, might get myself some Vegemite toast with avocado

Yesterday I had Vegemite toast with fried egg on it, highly recommended :discourse:

Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

trashed crew reporting for breakfast—what’s cookin’? :dance:

thanks nesamdoom!!

pizzaz plarpin perfect! thanks Tebulot!

more falafel please

forums poster

i just found out I'm getting McDonald's breakfast so hell yeah

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

FutonForensic

august 8, 2020. breakfast report. made french toast using brioche. used leftover egg whites to make meringue cookies. if i get out of this alive will provide status update

nut

FutonForensic posted:

august 8, 2020. breakfast report. made french toast using brioche. used leftover egg whites to make meringue cookies. if i get out of this alive will provide status update

Godspeed you brave warrior

Prof. Crocodile

FutonForensic posted:

nut posted:

Godspeed you brave warrior

:hai:

*whispers* he is a dead man but we’ll chip in and get some nice flowers for the widow

Lil Swamp Booger Baby

I'm indoors smoking some ribs. Earlier I homemade a dry rub and then made a barbecue sauce (a nice peppery, acidic one), then I smoked the ribs by using wood chips on the oven after rigging a foil setup with some water beneath the ribs. Got em in the oven now and just waiting for around another 30 minutes before I remove the foil and let them cook awhile longer, then once they've got a nice crust I'm gonna slather some of the BBQ sauce on there and let it caramelize, do about two layers and then it's all ready to eat. I'm hype.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Evil Bob

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I'm indoors smoking some ribs. Earlier I homemade a dry rub and then made a barbecue sauce (a nice peppery, acidic one), then I smoked the ribs by using wood chips on the oven after rigging a foil setup with some water beneath the ribs. Got em in the oven now and just waiting for around another 30 minutes before I remove the foil and let them cook awhile longer, then once they've got a nice crust I'm gonna slather some of the BBQ sauce on there and let it caramelize, do about two layers and then it's all ready to eat. I'm hype.

ugh haven’t had proper ribs in too long.

Quiche and sausages for breakfast here. Coffee is long gone at this point.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Chewbecca posted:

I don't get how people do intermittent fasting cos it's 11am Saturday and I'm starving!

I've had a coffee, might get myself some Vegemite toast with avocado

Yesterday I had Vegemite toast with fried egg on it, highly recommended :discourse:

Chewbecca's posts are brought to you by the Vegemite Council.

Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

avocado on toast is a :master: clearly professionals itt

thanks nesamdoom!!

pizzaz plarpin perfect! thanks Tebulot!

FutonForensic

Prof. Crocodile posted:

*whispers* he is a dead man but we’ll chip in and get some nice flowers for the widow

less dead than u think, maybe!

meringues came out fine. it's not breakfast, not under our current justice system anyway. but they're fine.

idiotsavant
sourdough isnt bad but brioche French toast is best

Also croutons; brioche is 100% the best crouton bread

Prof. Crocodile

FutonForensic posted:

less dead than u think, maybe!

meringues came out fine. it's not breakfast, not under our current justice system anyway. but they're fine.

:monocle:

Prof. Crocodile

breakfasting has started to escalate rapidly itt

started with coffee and cigs, then before too long we had chilaquiles and now meringues

awaiting tomorrow am posts with combination of fear and wonder

idiotsavant
coffee + two egg muffin sandwiches cause i made too much eggs :ssj:

Chewbecca

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Chewbecca's posts are brought to you by the Vegemite Council.

It just so happens that Vegemite is one of the richest sources of B vitamins, specifically thiamine, riboflavin, niacin and folate (B1, B2, B3 and B9, respectively)!

it puts the rose in every cheek!

Chewbecca

Update: I had huevos rancheros today, and while it likely wasn't authentic it certainly was delicious! :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
Today's breakfast - reheated pizza I bought while drunk last night.

Secret? Reheat in toaster oven. 375 degrees, six minutes. SIX.