Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prof. Crocodile

this is a very un-byob answer, but I do not eat breakfast b/c intermittent fasting, so I guess just fancy coffee

I really enjoy the fasting until someone starts bragging about delicious cereal :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile

canyoneer posted:

my favorite breakfast is pork chili verde chilaquiles.

fried tortilla strips or chips simmered in a green chile sauce, with cotija cheese and an over easy egg on top.

it is the best breakfast.
:captainpop:
now that’s what I call breakfasting!

Prof. Crocodile

Chewbecca posted:

Pls tell me about intermittent fasting cos I googled it and there's too many kinds

I will try to be concise as not to derail, although there is technically breakfast in hurr

the general idea is that shouldn’t consume calories all day every day. there are many ways to fast, but I do the easiest way, which is to eat only during an 8 hour window (noon to 8 pm) each day.

there are three alleged benefits: 1) it takes effort to digest food, so you need to give your digestive system a break—just like any other part of your body; 2) it’s hard to overreat if you’re only eating during a small window; 3) some naturalistic fallacy stuff about how this is how the human body evolved to eat.

idk about any of that stuff, but it is a very easy program to follow and you don’t have to give up booze or sugar or anything—although everybody should prolly do that anyway. the first 3 days were horrible, but within a week it became effortless, and in one month I went from ~30% body fat to ~15%. that was 18 months ago I’m still doing it, although I cheat once a week with late night drinking or a eggs Benedict at sunrise or w/e. cheating is no big deal with IF actually

btw black coffee/water/unsweetened tea have no calories so you can consume them whenever.

Prof. Crocodile

canyoneer posted:

that's not my picture i found it on the internet

here's one of mine :yum:

v good breakfasting nonetheless

Prof. Crocodile

canyoneer posted:

thanks for your kind words about chilaquiles. they are great breakfast.

i would like to share another good breakfast with you, aebleskivers.

aebleskivers are a traditional danish breakfast food. they are little golf ball sized, spherical pancakes. as you're cooking them, you fill the inside with fruit, chocolate chips, apple pie filling, nutella, or anything else that would be delicious inside a pancake ball. these ones have blueberries and chocolate chips inside.

ok now you're just showing off :colbert:

Prof. Crocodile

JOHN CENA posted:

Jamaican patty, banana, and mango juice

five star breakfasting right down to the good mango juice

Prof. Crocodile

canyoneer posted:

there are breakfast heroes, and breakfast villains

fcking Andrew schnickel if I ever see you around my favorite brunch spot with your bogus buckwheat so help me :argh:

Prof. Crocodile

FutonForensic posted:

august 8, 2020. breakfast report. made french toast using brioche. used leftover egg whites to make meringue cookies. if i get out of this alive will provide status update

nut posted:

Godspeed you brave warrior

:hai:

*whispers* he is a dead man but we’ll chip in and get some nice flowers for the widow

Prof. Crocodile

FutonForensic posted:

less dead than u think, maybe!

meringues came out fine. it's not breakfast, not under our current justice system anyway. but they're fine.

:monocle:

Prof. Crocodile

breakfasting has started to escalate rapidly itt

started with coffee and cigs, then before too long we had chilaquiles and now meringues

awaiting tomorrow am posts with combination of fear and wonder

Prof. Crocodile

i dont know if this is the best xpost ever or the worst but it is definitely my favorite

Prof. Crocodile

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

I had a home made breakfast burrito today. Pretty dec

another burriot eaten in byob?

a lot of people going hard at The_Rob in the last few days.

a disturbing trend.

Prof. Crocodile

BattleSausage posted:

While I feel I am pretty drat good at scrambled eggs, omelettes have always been beyond my reach. I am 100% certain that any omelette fold on cooking TV is CGI. Mine always end up as piles of eggs. Which really isn't a problem as long as it's tasty but then you should just stick with scramble

i overcome this problem by turning the gas off shortly after adding the egg. i'm sure my omlettes aren't up to code, but it's a very forgiving method.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile

Zurtilik posted:

What should I do for breakfast tomorrow?

i'm hearing a lot of buzz around vegemite toast, and also kohlrabi. maybe those thing?