Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop

Twin Cinema posted:

Surely you don't think he's that stupid.

She does... And he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I only get TV show Kevin, and I didn't see his original season, so I am unsure how he actually plays.

How was he in his season?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't remember him much but everyone (including him) swears he was better then. it HAS been 10 years and eople change and this is a dramatically different game/house from BB11. From my memory Kevin was able to just pick a side and float because he was one of the few people on that side not pissing people off.

The only person saying different is basically Kaysar who kind of called that Kevin was gonna play this way in W1.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

This is a really cool comp.

Edit: Wait, is that the first time in all three of her seasons that she's ever won a competition?

pospysyl fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Sep 16, 2020

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

pospysyl posted:

This is a really cool comp.

I literally came here to post this.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Boy that Nicole who cries over her best friend going up and never like make fun of him and his autism or said he was dead to her and a pawn she controls seems like a nice lady. I wonder why she trades places with the other Nicole I see on the feeds.

pospysyl posted:

Edit: Wait, is that the first time in all three of her seasons that she's ever won a competition?
Yes but in fairness she went home Week 2 her first season and went to Jury early her second. So really I think that's more a reality of Day's uniqueness of being someone who has played 3 times and not advanced far each of her first 2 times. People who get farther get more chances to play and better odds to win. And most players who go as early and win as little as Day don't get brought back repeatedly.

There's probably a big math analysis that could be done where you'd have to like separate jury odds vs prejury odds or something. Or create a difference between stuff like how Kaysar had a 50% chance to win the Safety Suite and Enzo had like a 1/7 chance. But I'm not that smart.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I found it funny that they showed Nicole crying. Also, if it was such an issue, and Dani is one of her closest allies, why didn't she come up with a replacement for Ian going on the block? She didn't fight too hard for him, or so it seems.

Also, this year's HOH weeks have been absolute messes. I am not sure of Dani's end game. She put up Tyler because she's had issues with him, despite creating a pact with him, and didn't consult with her "alliance" about whether they'd actually vote for him to go home. So, Day wins the veto and actually uses it, and now she is putting up Ian but doesn't actually want Tyler to go home?

David continues to play the most confusing game I have ever seen.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It basically comes back to Dani not actually wanting HOH because she has no clean moves. She has the Committee with Memphis and Christmas, the Core Four with Enzo (and Cody/Nicole), Four Prime with Ian (and Cody/Nicole), and a girls alliance with Day. So she could nominate 2 people and only 2 people. Once she had to nominated a 3rd and 4th it became a question of who she pisses off the least. Dani's played the entire HOH defensively as have all the HOHs this season. They haven't been about getting out threats or targets, they've been about maintaining the HOH's position within "The House."

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
"I need Ian to feel as safe as possible" because... Why again?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Savahontas posted:

"I need Ian to feel as safe as possible" because... Why again?

"New School"

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Since Ian is in a vest, my guess is that Nicole is voting for him to go home.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Uhh judging by Ian's suit I'm guessing Nicole falls in line but good try, editors.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

“The hardest thing I’ve ever had to do.”

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol Ian’s gonna be so pissed

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Nicole better hope no one talks to Ian in jury.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
BOOOOO

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I was hoping someone throw a hinky tie vote to frame Nicole.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

sportsgenius86 posted:

I was hoping someone throw a hinky tie vote to frame Nicole.

That would have been amazing.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Nicole really went all out for Ian.

I really hope one of the 3 on the other side can actually win this week, but the way this game is doing, I doubt it. But I am legitimately interested to see what a David HOH would even entail.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Twin Cinema posted:

Nicole really went all out for Ian.
Or at least the edit would have you believe that.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Or at least the edit would have you believe that.

I really should have emphasized my sarcasm.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
This guy sucks.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Tyler tried to throw Nicold under the bus there, but Ian is too much of a loser for it to work.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ian very happy that he was backstabbed by the white people and not just beat by the lovely POC seemed like it short circuited Chenbot.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

I played so well it took an ultimate team of super-badasses to take me out!

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
The absolute SILENCE was amazing.

Who.... Is moving into the neighbor's house and why?

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

It seems like there is a disconnect between feeds and TV Ian. Why does everyone dislike him so much now?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Twin Cinema posted:

It seems like there is a disconnect between feeds and TV Ian. Why does everyone dislike him so much now?

Ian was just a huge rear end in a top hat this week. You saw small bits of it there with him being condescending to Dani, saying how stupid his past cast was, and saying he was glad he wasn't "ganged up on by lousy players" but it was just a lot of that stuff. He spent all week calling Dani an idiot for "accidently" screwing up his game. He convinced himself that Kevin and David were somehow the ones flipping the vote against him and spent days ranting about how stupid and lovely they are complete with Trump like nicknames. He talked endlessly about how he "deserved" better and how "unjust" this was. He spent all week saying he'd just refuse to stay in Jury and would demand to see his contract.

Ian was just a huge loving rear end in a top hat all week and it seemed pretty obvious to me he has a huge ego about how good a player he is and was pissed he was being taken out by people he thought were beneath him.

And for me at least it had seemed like he was condescending and lovely to Bayleigh, Kaysar, and Nicole A in the past so this felt like it confirmed that feeling I had all season.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Ian was always a Josh tier winner. I don't know why he thinks he is some all-time great in league with Dan, Derrick or Dr. Will.

Ian is no better than the "lousy" players he ridicules. If he was any good he would have known that he couldn't skate by and do nothing when he is coming in to the game as a former winner, instead of the season's token nerd.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

At one point this week Ian also said that any fans who criticize him are just jealous losers who live in their parent's basement.

So, Ian's had a bad week. And All Stars took down yet another player's reputation.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Let's not forget the people he thought was beneath him were all the POC.

He told Dani he'd only vote for her if she was next to a POC. He didn't phrase it like that but he didn't have to, did he?

I think the reason Chenbot was so shocked was because he went from promising to quit to being all it's just a game, baby.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

This season has been the story of how each well-liked player has been picked off one by one either because they weren't a part of the main alliance, they were victim of a grudge, or because they were from a marginalized identity, or some combination of the above, by a pack of bullies who always go after the weakest target and play passively to avoid getting noticed. Ian, now in the position of all that being explained to him and being a victim of that process just says "Yes, more of that please! That's good gameplay!"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, Ian isn't really responsible for the dynamics of the house. Its arguable he could have helped change them early on if he had been willing to work with Kaysar, Janelle, and Nicole when they were trying to get him but that's all hypothetical. But its gonna look real awkward when the house dynamics are literally all the white people allied against the POC and then you get real mad at the POC and relieved that it was just the white people screwing you and not those other people. Even if you take the racial component out of it its still "whew, I'm glad I was just a victim of the lovely groupthink system" or something.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Glad I have this info about Ian now. What a shithead.

Now his line about there only being, like, 3 good players in his first season seems even worse.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'll say in the guy's defense, he was a victim of this system as well. In particular the show didn't air it but Memphis, Nicole, Cody, and Dani went on a whole thing mocking him and his autism last week. It caused a huge stir online, Nicole lost a ton of her sponsor deals from it, and the HGs were warned about it and got defensive. Dani was originally very hesitant to put Ian on the block because she didn't want to draw that connection. That's probably why Tyler ended up on the block in the first place and she only decided to put Ian up once it became clear to her the guys weren't going to vote out Tyler and would be pissed if she put up a true pawn.

But Ian handled things about as badly as humanly possible this week and lost a lot of good will and benefit of the doubt. And definitely showed some stuff like his sense of superiority over other players.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You know what I just realized? If Ian says there 3 smart players on BB14 and 1 who didn't care... and assuming those 3 are Dan, Frank, and Britney and the 4th is Boogie. Then he was just taking a shot at Janelle there, wasn't he?

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I wouldn’t doubt it. Even in his interview with Julie, he made a positive remark towards Kaysar but was noticeably silent on Janelle. In the context of what I’m mentioning, it felt odd that he didn’t say anything about Janelle.. Maybe I’m reading too much into it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ian repeatedly said on feeds that Kaysar is the first person he's met in the Big Brother house who he felt was smarter than himself.

Which probably should have been one of those warning signs about Ian's ego.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

Twin Cinema posted:

I wouldn’t doubt it. Even in his interview with Julie, he made a positive remark towards Kaysar but was noticeably silent on Janelle. In the context of what I’m mentioning, it felt odd that he didn’t say anything about Janelle.. Maybe I’m reading too much into it.

No that was exactly my thought as well.

What a tool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Speaking of the Queen...
https://twitter.com/JanellePierzina/status/1306792359573819395

Although in the name of fair context, Nicole wasn't asking people to teach her how to act upset she voted out Ian. She was asking people to teach her to act lying and pretending she didn't vote out Ian. Because she blindsided him. She promised him her vote.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Sep 18, 2020