Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Twin Cinema posted:

Why is there bad blood between Dani and Christmas? It’s been simmering for weeks, but I’m not sure why.

I been thinking about this. I think it stems from Tyler. When Tyler blew up his game and then "tried to quit" Dani went to Christmas thinking she was "girls girls girls" and would backdoor Tyler and go with the women's alliance. Christmas didn't and instead she blew up her own game with the Day/Bay fight. Dani basically sided with Day in that and clocked the Tyler/Christmas alliance. She spent the next few weeks telling Nicole and others about it and working on Day. Then she wins HOH and refuses to put up Day and puts up Tyler. All of that led to her getting on Christmas' bad side... maybe because she was mad she was siding with Day, maybe because she was targeting Tyler, maybe because she wasn't playing for the team, maybe just because Dani was committing the ultimate sin of going against the group. But Christmas is very, VERY groupthink focused and Dani has been the troublemaker for awhile. And Dani I think thinks Christmas' poo poo is fake because of all of it.

That's my best read. Otherwise I'm going with my first instinct. Its two stubborn assholes who's games were at odds.

edit: Also, she's not wrong.
https://twitter.com/JanellePierzina...846417649094657

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Oct 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
idk I’m rooting for Enzo at this point because Enzo seems like the least reprehensible one left, maybe I’m wrong

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

STAC Goat posted:

the only POV play of the season,

I think two were used -- didn't Kevin veto himself?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You're right. My bad.

I do think there's a difference between a nominee using the POV on themselves and someone using it on a nominee. Especially in this house which has been hardcore "HOUSE" and don't rock the boat. But I totally messed that up and forgot about Kevin's win.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Tonight's episode of BB (moved from Sunday to Monday) will be delayed until after the NFL game (which itself was delayed due to a Covid scare). So if by some miracle you're still very invested in this season and would be upset to miss an episode you should adjust accordingly.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I think that is just for the US, because Global doesn't air NFL games. Unless they are sticking to when CBS airs it.

I will keep that in mind so that I won't spoil anything in this thread.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I imagine you'll get it at the regular time. They just don't seem to be rescheduling for the US, which I guess makes sense since the next episode airs Wednesday so you'd have to just air it Tuesday night after the scheduling programming. Might as well keep the NFL lead in.

Traditionally for me when a NFL game preempts BB Thursday episodes it usually airs in its regular time on an affiliate. Sunday episodes routinely get pushed back because the NFL pushes 60 Minutes back. But I can't be bothered to check on this one..

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I guess this has never been a huge issue in the past, because Big Brother is typically done in early September, I think.

I honestly don't know why I keep watching.

E: it was delayed until 10pm. Luckily, that Ken Jeong singing show is on.

Twin Cinema fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Oct 6, 2020

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop
This episode is infuriating. Enzo is bad at big brother. He's Da'vonne bad. At least Tyler tried something. I'm a pretty big Tyler hater because his season was so loving boring but... At least he tried.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I haven't seen the episode (and my DVR didn't record anything so who knows if I ever will?) but I do find it amusing that the thing Tyler tried to do was take out the weakest player in the game who hasn't won anything and probably has the hardest sell to the jury being a former winner who backstabbed all the jurors.

Greatest player ever.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

It would have been good for his (Tyler's) game to get Nicole out and keep David, though. Enzo also had talked a lot about wanting to keep David, so it seemed realistically possible. I wonder if Enzo deliberately let Tyler and Christmas walk into that as game.

Anyway, this season is so abysmally boring that I think Tyler's failed swing is one of the only halfway exciting game things to happen all season. It's just been an uninterrupted march of a big week 1 alliance picking off every possible outsider, while winning every single HOH, and then shedding its peripheral members. Seems to be the dominant playstyle these days and it's just a waste of time to watch.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Oct 7, 2020

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

My assumption is that Enzo saw the lines divided, and went with Cody/Nicole/Dani over Tyler/Christmas/Memphis. For as much talk as he did about making a big move, he probably saw that keeping David didn't really help his game at this point. He seems to be tighter with Cody, and it seems that by saving Nicole, he thinks she is now indebted to him.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

If it wasn't clear, i was talking about Tyler's perspective above. For Enzo, he's pretty insulated either way I feel like, but this works very well for him. Just let Tyler and Christmas sink and now you're in the f4 and in multiple people's end game plans. Funny though after all his talk of making moves, he doesn't make the big move, and then walks in to talk to Tyler after going "that's it, time for a big move!"

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Oh, now I get you. Yes, I fully agree with your assessment.

I would look it up, but I am afraid to see spoilers, but I remember Enzo also discussing the idea of a big move during his HOH reign, and then doing the most predictable thing. It's easy to make a big move when you aren't the one to actually do it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah the whole season is passive. Everyone wants to have a big move done but for it to be done in such a way in which they don't have to risk anything. That goes all the way back to Kaysar trying to unite them early and Day, Bay, Ian, Kevin, and Nicole A all having the same basic "Yeah, that seems like a good idea.... if you get power and do something I'll support you" logic. The same logic's existed on the power side of the house which is why none of them actually turned on each other until Tyler's attempt.

It probably would have been a good move for him to keep David and get out Nicole, I just think its funny that the "big move" wasn't taking out one of the actual serious threats or someone he had any kind of real alliance with. Nicole was a target of convenience but she was also the softest target possible for a "big move." Which is funny and fitting for this season's "path of least resistance" theme.

Mostly I just think Tyler's played a very poor game and the Nicole move was symbolic of it both in how soft and counter productive it kind of was and in how he failed. He's backed himself into corners where he has very limited options and a choice of David vs Nicole is critical to him.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I feel like that logic, unfortunately, has been everyone's mindset for the last few seasons of Big Brother. Which sucks, because it typically means one side of the house controls the game, because other players don't want to band together because they think they are in a better position than they actually are.

At least with Survivor, everything is continually shifting. Their last season was a great -- a ton of All-Stars who were trying to make big moves and get out big threats. The downside is that the editing makes it difficult to see which way a vote is going to go, so tribals are sometimes a mess.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Once upon a time I used to see BB as the superior game format because the HOH meant that the majority could be gotten at and couldn't control the game unless everyone let them. The problem is, yeah, its become BB standard to let the majority rule. Blame Derrick because he played a masterful game with that strategy? Blame Paul and Tyler for trying to emulate that and failing? Blame the fanbase for saying they should have won and thus reinforcing that strategy? Blame social media for prioritizing making jury and staying on the show and friends with everyone? Just blame the players for being such passive players and followers? All of the above?

But yeah, the reality is "path of least resistance" has been the name of the game for a long time. Even before Derrick, back to Helen's "its too soon" and the Brigade fooling players like Regan and Britney into walking into their fates or the first All Stars when S6 targeted floaters instead of threats. Its always been an element of the game. Some people will seek the security of numbers and be afraid. But in the past tehre's always been players who were willing to shake the game up to give themselves a better chance to advance. But this season more than most has been decision after decision of people saying "I want to do X... but I'll do Y."

Survivor on the other hand has really shifted strategically to the point where they don't even use the word "alliance" anymore because they're always shifting allegiances and agendas so much because the game emphasis is on big moves and repositioning yourself.

The hope I guess would be that that shows these things change and hopefully this period for BB will end. Maybe if we all hope hard enough everyone will see how terrible and hated this season is and course correct.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Oct 7, 2020

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I think I wouldn't mind the strategy as much if Big Brother's casting was better. Maybe it's just the type of person who wants to be on a reality show, but every season feels mired in some issue.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I finally watched Monday's episode. I find it genuinely funny that Tyler wants us to believe that he was crying for David. And I'd like to point out that Tyler has cried every single time something's gone wrong for him in the game across two seasons.

I also gotta say that the fact that Cody won HOH and targeted Christmas/Tyler and that it was gonna happen with anyone besides Christmas was probably gonna do it really hammers home that Tyler/Christmas hosed up. Taking the shot at Nicole and Dani might make sense in a vacuum but what good does it do if you're targeted anyway? It seems clear to me in hindsight that Tyler's best chance was taking a shot at Cody/Memphis/Enzo and trying to work the girls against the guys. I don't think it would have been a safe move either and maybe its only clear in hindsight, but I've been thinking Tyler should have worked with Dani since that eviction and should have been working with Day/Bay or Janelle/Kaysar all season. This always seemed like the logical end for going all in with Committee. They're not Level Six.

Also I'm glad that Cody monologue made TV. Know feedster pain. like yo like yo like yo like yo.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this makes me feel self conscious because i talk like cody and enzo offline :(

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I apologize for making you feel like someone from Jersey. That was low of me.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i am from jersey

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Condolences.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Hahahahaha

Also I'm deeply skeptical of the "game" of survivor because it's all edited. There's no way to know what's real. I'm sure if we didn't have feeds then they could have edited Kaysar, Janelle, and Day into "big moves." Fake fake fake.

That said survivor is a hell of a lot more fun to watch.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Cody's gotten an invisible edit for most of the season, but now they're giving him a puppetmaster take. Among passive players, the person who does least is king.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I’m only watching this episode to see Jury footage and because the debate isn’t on yet

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There's definitely something to that. Like Dani's been questioned why she targeted Janelle and refused to work with her and Dani's just lying and claiming she wanted to work with Janelle but Janelle targeted her. We know that's a complete lie but really only because of feeds, and even Janelle herself wouldn't know how much Dani sabotaged her without the feeds. So like yeah, Cody lies and claims he wasn't targeting Kaysar and Janelle until THEY moved against him. We know that's a lie because of the feeds. We also know it a lie because he told us in the DR and is now just lying about that because he's an idiot. But a show in post production definitely could have made that more dramatic and covered up better for him.

Still, I think its clear that the current era of Survivor is one that emphasizes turning on your partner before they turn on you. Alliances are lucky if they hold for a few votes. BB's got the opposite mindset going where everyone's afraid to go against the house and risk sticking out, to the point where even split votes are feared.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

That was a great veto score reveal. Tyler timed out on a comp Cody won in five minutes.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

BB22 is at least paying off in making the people I hate look silly so I can laugh at them.

- Tyler's whole game getting exposed and him responding by crying, flailing, and quitting the POV.
- Cody looking like a clown and admitting he's scared he'll "never live down" taking the wrong person to F2 again.
- Enzo being a huge arrogant rear end hopefully leading up to his F3 eviction.

I can follow along if it keeps this up.

edit: Also I'm sorry for being mean, jc. I have to poo poo talk Jersey or else Enzo and Cody's gold horn chains come to life and beat me up and bury me under a boardwalk. Its a little known fact.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Oct 8, 2020

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

It's really difficult to root for a winner here. But, as I have been saying for weeks, as annoying and arrogant as Enzo is, he's the best of the bunch. Cody hasn't been that bad in comparison to the remaining HGs, but there's something about him that I don't like.

Tyler's game has been awful all season, though. He just continually made misstep after misstep, but it didn't matter because he was always on the side with power.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

STAC Goat posted:

Once upon a time I used to see BB as the superior game format because the HOH meant that the majority could be gotten at and couldn't control the game unless everyone let them. The problem is, yeah, its become BB standard to let the majority rule. Blame Derrick because he played a masterful game with that strategy? Blame Paul and Tyler for trying to emulate that and failing? Blame the fanbase for saying they should have won and thus reinforcing that strategy?
Honestly I think Paul and Tyler losing just makes it an even bigger problem, where then you can just get into the big alliance and try to sleepwalk to the end, because why not?

Worked for Kaycee, just win a few comps along the way and don't make enemies. Paul masterminded his entire season to the point where he selected the exact order for everyone else to finish in a comp (so that Christmas won a running comp with a broken foot!), but he lost to Josh anyway.

Just be in the controlling group, switch into cruise control, and don't even worry about it. You can be an unstable goat like Josh or the most boring player of all time like Kaycee, it doesn't matter, both beat the people actually trying to manipulate things to get specific outcomes they wanted.

I know this is a reductive way of looking at it, because Tyler betrayed a lot of people and Paul just "othered" people and treated them like poo poo, or kept lying to them in goodbye messages, but I don't think their failures really change the point that being in the majority and not playing seems to work as well as anything else. The fact it's been established you can win just by pointing at comp wins or not being the other person really is a serious disincentive to flipping things and gaming hard. If Paul and Tyler had won, players would have to ask themselves constantly if they are being played and if outcomes really are in their best interests or in someone else's, and they'd be encouraged to try to be the ones pulling strings, which could lead to less passive play and more clashes when priorities conflict.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Oct 8, 2020

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

who wants pablo
https://twitter.com/deadskulltweets/status/1314006009178857472

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I always forget that Kaycee was the winner. Her biggest strength was that she was friendly with the entire house in a season where the two sides were pitted against each other, if I recall.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Can we just get an episode dedicated to the Jury house?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I legitimately do not know who will be evicted tonight, but since its 50/50 it will be Tyler I would like to point out this one thing. Prior to the Triple Eviction Tyler told Dani that he would not target her because if he took her out he'd follow her the next week and that would be stupid. Then he betrayed half the house, won HOH, and targeted her and took her out. Now he's on the block a week later.

Just something to think about.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Just because Chenbot keeps saying the triple eviction was "shocking" doesn't make it so.

I'm so sick of Enzo Sneaky Meow Meow.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
KAYSAR TOLD YOU ALL THIS ALREADY

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Savahontas posted:

KAYSAR TOLD YOU ALL THIS ALREADY

BB22: KAYSAR TOLD YOU ALL THIS ALREADY

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Dani is so funny, though I do question her house reads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Remember that time Kaysar called Cody, Dani, and Nicole a love triangle and they got real mad?

Haha, Kevin stanning Tyler again.