Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jokers has its biases like everywhere else and were huge Tyler/Level Six stans last time around.

I wouldn't remotely be surprised if Tyler won, but I'm not really expecting it either. Objectively speaking he had a really bad season. He was rarely featured on the show and when he was it was usually him whining about his mistakes or how he wanted to go home.
He got called out on air for trying to quit. He had no control over this season or the narrative of the show. People will still like him because he's the pretty guy they liked last time and the rest of the F8 or so are so incredibly unlikable. I don't know if Janelle or Kaysar have a shot since they've been gone for so long. I know Day's got a big push online and she might be in the sweet spot of a large fanbase, good tv presence, made it to jury, and was effectively screwed over by the show's assholes.

So gun to my head I'd guess Day's getting it. But any of Kaysar, Janelle, or Tyler wouldn't shock me and I even could see a Nicole win for all that golly shucks gee wilkers stuff. You never know how split votes will go. Anyone else would be weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

probably 1 Dayvon 2 Tyler

I did really like Tyler his first season and was hoping to see him work some magic this time around but his heart just wasn't in it. He shouldn't have played.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I still contend that Tyler only got all "my heart's not there" when his game blew up, which is the same thing he did last time. He played hard a bunch. I think he got very exposed and the "best player" narrative got killed. He could never get his poo poo together this season, and he had opportunities. He openly expressed numerous avenues he could have gone and had the HOHs and split votes to do it. He just chose the safety of numbers like everyone else and like he relied on last time. Game's harder when people are playing against you instead of for you.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
This is easily the least excited I've ever been for any Big Brother finale. The episodes have been coasting on garbage for the last few weeks, the live feeds even longer. If they could instead donate the prize to COVID relief like Big Brother Canada earlier this year that would be great.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I wonder if there is anyone actually excited about this finale?

Also, Enzo playing the Tyler game here. Let’s see how this works.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Seems like there's a chance for them to go the comedy route and give it to Enzo, but maybe that's just the edit.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Alright Enzo, now pull out the win, lol.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Wow, I'm surprised. Cody looked almost like he felt human emotion there for a second!

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

It’ll be interesting to see if this jury is bitter. Like they said in the jury round table, Cody was not good at jury management.

However, I feel like his game has been good enough that people will overlook that.

LBJs Jumbo Dick
May 6, 2007
Tacos! Tacos! Tacos!
I suspect the fact that Enzo could really probably use that 50k more than Nicole played into the decision. Cody really should have this in the bag.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh Nicole looks so very sad. On the one hand she really didn't see it coming, but on the other hand you already won this game you shoulda known to watch your back.

Edit: honestly at least Enzo is appealing to his one legit tactic instead of BSing. He knows that staying off the radar is the one thing he did consistently.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Oct 29, 2020

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Seems like they were looking for a reason to vote Enzo but I'm not sure they were persuaded.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I loving hope Enzo wins just so it's the worst winner for the worst season.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

pospysyl posted:

Seems like they were looking for a reason to vote Enzo but I'm not sure they were persuaded.

Yeah he really didn't get that question about taking responsibility and I think that was his last chance to persuade em.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

People laughing at Enzo has really gotten to him.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Twin Cinema posted:

People laughing at Enzo has really gotten to him.

Omg this really hurt his pride. They're laughing with you, buddy, not at you! :smith:

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

You may not like it, but this is what peak Big Brother looks like.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Well that was pretty much how I expected it to go. RIP Big Brother, long live Big Brother.

LBJs Jumbo Dick
May 6, 2007
Tacos! Tacos! Tacos!
Deep down, the laughing told him his slim chance probably wasn't there.

I wish the alternate reality where Josh didn't have the positive Covid test was this reality. The two episodes he lasted would have been great.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
at least Day won afp

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Glad I didn't watch, or even know it was on.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Don’t brag.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the season held an average audience of 3.87 million throughout the season. seasons 21 and 20 did 4.12 million and 5.16 respectively.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop

pospysyl posted:

You may not like it, but this is what peak Big Brother looks like.

Exactly

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

STAC Goat posted:

:feelsgood:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

It was funny going into the final comp knowing the only way to avoid a Cody win was Nicole cutting him, knowing she wouldn't cut him, and then seeing her get the first question wrong and the entire comp play out with her behind

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

curiousCat posted:

at least Day won afp

:hmmyes:

Weed Wolf
Jul 30, 2004
The fact that Cody got a perfect game, putting him on par with Dan and (technically) better performance than Dr. Will, is criminal

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

It's funny that nearly everyone's moves this year were made in such a way that ensured Cody end up the winner.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think you're thinking Derrick. Which is a narrative you're definitely gonna hear a lot. The Hitmen both won without ever touching the block. I think Cody will stay below Derrick on most lists. Derrick won his first time through and had tougher competition. There's also the big narrative that Derrick orchestrated alliances for Cody and had a big hand in this victory.

On the flip side there's gonna be a narrative about Cody, Enzo, and Nicole entering a rare field of players who made F3 twice with paul, Janelle, and Dan. And Cody will join the field of people who made F2 twice. So he'll have his place atop the field.

All I know is I was never impressed by his game this season. He basically just floated most of the way and benefited hugely from the pregame alliances and incredibly passivity of this cast. And he used his HOHs on soft targets and needlessly blindsided people. But he won so what can you do? He might break my top 5 or so of New Schoolers, but I have a real low opinion of New Schoolers.

Sodomeow
Sep 26, 2015
Cody was basically 1 final 3 decision away from winning twice (probably would have gotten all of the votes in his first season as well)

If it wasn't for him losing to Derrick in his first season, he would be easily in GOAT territory, but he blew it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its an odd hypothetical because in a world where Cody had evicted Derrick and won BB16 then Derrick isn't a "GOAT", he's a Vanessa, and either he's back now instead of Cody or Cody's a massive target from word one and isn't getting all the pregame assistance he appeared to get from Derrick.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Is there any truth to the rumour that Derrick set up an alliance before the game started?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There was a narrative going around that people were saying Derrick setup the Committee pregame, which feels like a distortion. What seems to be the case is that Derrick was supposed to play the game (he says his kid begged him not to last minute) and he had set up a bunch of alliances for him and Cody with people like Memphis, Nicole, Dani, Enzo, and Tyler. And as luck would have it that basically turned into the Committee. So while he didn't set up the alliance, he did seem to put the chips into place for that very early house majority we saw and the intense loyalty to Cody.

The big "What If" of the season is really that Josh and Kaycee seemed to also be really actively pregaming and had deals with Tyler, Christmas, Day, Bay, and maybe David and Dani. Obviously they never played but I think that goes a long way to understanding the incredibly dysfunctional relationships those players had with each other where they kept claiming to work together but never really did. Basically they were all supposed to work with Josh and Kaycee as the unifying force the same way Cody and Derrick were with the majority that did develop.

How those two blocks would have clashed if Josh and Kaycee had played might have been more interesting than what we got. It seems impossible to imagine Josh coexisting with Cody or the Committee where as I could have seen some big Howie energy from him with Janelle and Kaysar.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I thought Enzo was name dropping only one of his kids the entire season and that the kid's name was Gianico.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Poque posted:

I thought Enzo was name dropping only one of his kids the entire season and that the kid's name was Gianico.

You are not alone, yo. When his video from home came on I was like "wait who is the other one?" and then it dawned on me.

I will say it was kind of Cody to bring Enzo when he really did have pretty much free choice. The guy seemed to have no hopes for himself whatsoever, I had the live feeds on after the 2nd final comp and he was really beating himself up. The tv edit did not do justice to his meltdown after that time difference.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

I thought Cody's speeches were compelling, but not persuasive. For instance, he made a big deal about how he masterminded and manipulated Dani into getting Ian out even though it was her best interest to get out Tyler. That's certainly one way of putting that's flattering to both Dani and Cody, but in reality all that happened was Cody told Dani to get out Ian and Dani obeyed. It wasn't that Cody put a mind freak on Dani, it's just that Dani didn't have the skills or strategy to make the correct move.

Overall, I think Cody played a very good game and certainly deserved to win, but it worked out that there were only like three other people in the house who were even adequate competition, which is terrible for an All Stars season. It's just not fun to see one player coast to victory.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

STAC Goat posted:

On the flip side there's gonna be a narrative about Cody, Enzo, and Nicole entering a rare field of players who made F3 twice with paul, Janelle, and Dan. And Cody will join the field of people who made F2 twice. So he'll have his place atop the field.

JV vs Varsity

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think Cody played a very effective floater game. I think its laughable to consider the idea that he "masterminded" anything. He didn't make any big moves. He didn't form the key alliance. He spent his two HOHs on Keesha and Kevin. Comically his Day 1 house target called his bluff and won immunity and then stayed in the house for 4 weeks until Enzo took him out. He laid back and played nice with the people in power all season, won a few comps at the end, and that was enough to win. I think I might actually rank him below Kaycee and Josh as far as recent winners go, but maybe above Steve and Ian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

pospysyl posted:

I thought Cody's speeches were compelling, but not persuasive. For instance, he made a big deal about how he masterminded and manipulated Dani into getting Ian out even though it was her best interest to get out Tyler. That's certainly one way of putting that's flattering to both Dani and Cody, but in reality all that happened was Cody told Dani to get out Ian and Dani obeyed. It wasn't that Cody put a mind freak on Dani, it's just that Dani didn't have the skills or strategy to make the correct move.

Overall, I think Cody played a very good game and certainly deserved to win, but it worked out that there were only like three other people in the house who were even adequate competition, which is terrible for an All Stars season. It's just not fun to see one player coast to victory.

Yeah pretty much. My opinion after some thought is it was a good game of Big Brother for the power players themselves but it wasn't really exciting tv. Lots of waiting around for people to take the safe, obvious choices. For us watching it week to week it's not real interesting, but for them it's 500,000 dollars and not about entertaining an audience at home, so who could blame them.

Now gimme a "eliminated too early" redemption season CBS!

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Oct 29, 2020