Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I enjoyed it. I might have my fire sparked a bit. Here’s my random jotted down thoughts.

I don’t know if she’s a good player or anything but I’ve always been sympathetic to Dani on the grounds that she played involuntarily attached to her scumbag dad the first time and the second time blew up her game for the guy who turned out to be her husband 10 years later. But also you could see Dani swallowing a mean girl comment when Nicole stepped on the same wrong star twice.

I think Cody WAS a good player. I agree with him that Derrick benefited from his relationships and information. But like… Cody doesn’t seems to grasp that his true flaw wasn’t sticking with Derrick, it was that Derrick built better relationships with people that left them respecting him while Cody emotionally manipulated them and left them feeling burned. So I don’t expect a lot from him to change. And yeah, I think Derrick checked his douchiness.

Although I definitely want to see Cody and Memphis team up and just be terrible. Like full on slapstick 3 Stooges bad.

Enzo was giving me strong Boogie vibes but he kinda won me over after he got Chenbot to ask how many divorcees the cast had.

Cody totally gonna nominate Kaysar.

I also enjoyed the bathroom group at the end of the episode being relieved there was no Dan or Derrick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I see Cody, Memphis, Tyler, and Enzo potentially hooking up quick. I get the feeling Cody nominates Kayser and Janelle. They're kind of an easy established duo, the oldest players in the game, Kayser was the first name that jumped to mind to him, and it deflects male alliance stuff. Also Bill O'Reilly Calafiore Family Hour. But I definitely think all four of those guys will be trying to recreate the Hitman Renegade Level Six Brigade.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The hope would be that since Enzo, Cody, and Memphis all fell victims to their own bro alliances that maybe this time they'd want to change it up. But I think that temptation of building a strong core that can win comps will always be there and ultimately alliances come down to social relationships and who you like/trust/bond with.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My favorite was BB telling us Brett was some kind of corporate security hacker something and then it becoming obvious on the feeds that he was a software/tech salesman which is a totally fine job and even an asset to the game. But God help you if you told the Level Six fanbase that he wasn't Jason Bourne but was actually kind of an idiot.

And then the pay off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jmpnb_kWE4

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Aug 6, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think Christmas is a strong draft pick. She played a pretty killer social game on one leg and everyone kind of ignores the part where Josh and Paul both were scared to sit next to her in front of the Jury. Or how she pretty much single hand-idly salvaged Josh's game when he was self destructing Week 1. Or how she was backdoored Week 1 with the votes stacked against her and she stayed and blindsided the HOH. Now give her agency, the ability to compete in physical comps, and considerably less drugs and existential crisis? Big sleeper pick, IMO.

I mean sure. Bet against the successful self help conwoman and former private military contractor who once rammed the poo poo out of the car of the lady sleeping with her baby daddy... while pregnant. If that's not a Big Brother winner candidate I don't know what is.

JOHN CENA posted:

no episode tonight right?

Sunday I think?

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Aug 7, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I will say I think its entirely possible Christmas shows out too much or gets too aggressive now that she's getting a second chance without the handicap she had. And that could make her a target way too early. Also a lot of men and women don't like the kind of aggressive give no shits woman Christmas is so the wrong HOH could hurt her. But in her first season she had a really house wide social game that made it kind of impossible for anyone to target her without pissing off some allies. Just ask Cody.

So if she can manage the same kind of social game with the ability to win comps and make moves on her own, I'd make her one of my top sleeper picks.

The other player I can easily see winning this thing and surprising the hell out of people is Nicole F. I can see her doing the exact thing she did last time and just being there at the end.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Aug 7, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Bucswabe posted:

I recall that it was the first all star season that coined the term "floaters" and it was probably recognition that the people who seem harmless are the ones that make it to the late game, and, in many cases, win. There is probably a decent strategy in bringing the comp beasts together into an anti-aggression pact to get rid of all the non-competitive, full social game people.

What Nicole did well in her winning season was establish relationships with all those comp beast players so whenever they targeted "floaters" Nicole was never on the list because she wasn't a threat to them individually. Nicole was basically no one's #1 (even Cody's) but like she was everyone's #3 or 4 or 5. Or if she wasn't your ally she also was like 3 or 4th on your list of targets.

I'm not sure I'd 100% call Nicole a "floater". Like there's an element of that the same there is with Andy, but she basically played Andy's game. Be good with the HOH, throw someone under the bus if you're not, never let yourself be used as a pawn, and abandon any sinking ship like the rat you are. And in a season like this with so many targets and players I can easily see Nicole rat her way through this one again. The only player in there similar is maybe Bayleigh or Ian? But I wouldn't put either really in the same "rat" category.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, basically. She makes people feel like she needs them and she's struggling. That not only makes her come off non threatening and like someone who might owe them, but it makes them feel stronger and gets them blinded on their power. It works if you can gets some wins and make some moves and legitimize yourself. And have a good goat.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Specifically labeling Christmas, David, and Keesha as "people who deserve a second shot" instead of "winners, greats, or fan favorites" was cold.

I mean Keesha was a fan favorite at least.

And why is there no photo of the scooter in Christmas' opening?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm really glad and surprised that the show didn't protect Cody from the transparent douchebag hypocrisy of him targeting Kaysar/Janelle, telling multiple people they were his targets, lying badly to them, and then getting mad that they decided to play for safety instead of trusting his transparent lies.

I don't like Cody.

Also holy poo poo I'd be terrible at this comp.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Aug 10, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have no problem sympathizing with Kevin. He seems like a perfectly nice guy and Week 1 nominations always suck because all you did wrong was not fit into the HOH's first impression plans. And its not a super shock that Cody had the least time connecting with two middle aged moms and two middle aged brown dudes. That's probably not Kevin's fault.

It doesn't mean I'm rooting for him though because Keesha didn't do anything wrong either. At this stage I'm mostly just rooting against Cody.

Don't follow this twitter account if you don't want feed spoilers.
https://twitter.com/BBFunnies/status/1292658953025761280/photo/1

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I completely lost track of time but I'm here to see if Janelle and Kaysar can relive history.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Super early eviction HAS to mean Keesha/Kevin's staying in the house, no?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

BGrifter posted:

Plot twist: the first evictee is being replaced with the final all star, Willie Hantz.

There's been a second Big Brother All Stars house this entire time with the most infamous players like Willie Hantz, Paulie, Frankie, Jackson, Jack, Amanda, Aaryn, Andy, Kaitlyn, Cody, Jess, and Paul and every week you replace one of the All Stars with one of them.

Its not BB All Stars! Its 2020! Its BB Hell!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

JOHN CENA posted:

probably a quiz based HOH comp which typically can take 10-15 minutes on a normal season, in a season with less available production could take 15-20 minutes. take commercials into account and it fills out

Its a taped show though. But yeah, maybe they just did a ton of buff time for production errors after the live premiere problems. Good call.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Why do I always get crazy nervous during these? Like, I don't even really care about these two. The Live Evictions somehow are perfect tense drama for me.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

If there was a crowd that Memphis vote would have got a big sad "Ohhhhhh!"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Day may be a bad player but she's good peeps.

Guess no Camp Comeback. I was really hoping for that.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh look, an evictee who thought Cody was a good guy who had their back who feels really hurt by him ghosting them and blindsiding them at the end.

How different.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

JOHN CENA posted:

probably too risky to have people coming in and out of the house without a quarantine plan
That's why I thought Camp Comeback would kind of make sense. Just leave them all in the house until you do a buyback so you don't have to do separate sequesters and travel and all. Plus you get to make sure a fan favorite like Keesha isn't off the show/out of the house in 1 week after 10 years. And the All Stars aren't gonna take that brutal ostracization the newbs did last year.

But alas.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

JOHN CENA posted:

you're ahead by a couple minutes, weird

My bad. Watching on an antenna. Team Old School.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh... its WWE guy.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The true challenge is being able to watch these videos long enough to notice things.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

JOHN CENA posted:

the actor in this clip is big brother exec producer chris dejoseph who was a writer for wwe who also performed as the big fat oily naked guy

Yeah, he's done these things regularly for BB. Like he was an alien punishment one year and a man yelling guy punishment another.

Despite his incredible unfunniness he was also one of the big creative minds behind Lucha Underground and had a role in turning BB17 Austin into this:

https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1293713270575161344

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

JOHN CENA posted:

so...now which of memphis's 13 alliances does he yield loyalty to?

Memphis actually only has 1 alliance. Its not a real one but boy does Cody suddenly look like a genius for not putting him up and forcing his friends to form a fake alliance with the cranky old man even though they didn't want to.

I don't totally know what to expect from this. Cody, Nicole F, Dani, Tyler, and Christmas are in his alliance so they're safe. He's been trash talking Kaysar but I gotta think he's smart enough to leave him and Janelle around as backup and shields. His big target seems to be Ian but Cody and Nicole won't like that. Kevin and Nicole A might be looking at the block after a week of making Memphis lose sleep in Have Nots.

Ian better get playing this week or he could be in trouble.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Shneak posted:

I'm not going to convince myself Janelle and Kaysar are safe cause the night is young and the house wants blood.

I'm not convinced but like... it would just be real dumb for Memphis to put them up right after they spent a week begging him to align with them because they were so desperate. What are you accomplishing in that? There's gotta be bigger threats, and he's been ver vocal of being scared of Ian.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't think Memphis needs to prove anything to anyone. No one's gunning for him. Cody's had a F2 with him since Day 1. All the new school are playing nice. Why take out isolated targets who have been begging to work with you? Give them safety and buy yourself some added protection and leave them for someone else's problem.

Granted, Kaysar was thinking of going after him if he won HOH, but Kaysar's flailing and I doubt he would have actually done that.

So yeah, I'm expecting the NicoleA/Kevin noms. But I'd bet big he's looking at an Ian backdoor.

BGrifter posted:

Kevin has been the most insufferable whiny kiss rear end all week so I’d be thrilled to see him go, even if it’s a total waste of a HoH week.
Well good news, that incredibly pathetic performance all but guarantees we'll keep getting On the Block Kevin until the house explodes or they get sick of him and boot him! So who's playing a genius game now?

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Aug 14, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Like a lot of first week nominees Kevin landed on the block because he wasn't really bonding with people and then just started to drown in his own insecurities and anxiety. I think it stands out so much because like... Kevin's a 40 year old former player who has been through worse. And Keesha for her passivity and flaws at least seemed to not take it to heart that some 20 something kids didn't want to hang out with their step mom.

I'd like to believe Kevin can rebound. Kat was terrible W1 last season and turned into one of the few bright spots of the season. But he's incredibly isolated, has a terrible read on the house and is convinced he's right, and seems likely to end up back on the block this week. So I'm not holding out a lot of hope.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

True. I think Christmas actually tips it in that direction.

But like... so don't loving beg for Cody's approval. You'd hope that mature All Stars who have been through this game would handle those cliche hurdles better than newbs.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just want to say that I low key love that Kevin beat Cody in the Safety comp.

Also Memphis totally gave David the FU on that Have Nots arm motion, right?

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Aug 17, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think he wanted to take the shot at Ian and Christmas just messed that up. I also think Memphis thinks he's playing smoother than he is and just doesn't get that he's an rear end who pisses people off. There's also just the usual house hypocrisy. Everyone in his alliance is playing side alliances and poo poo. Its just ok when you do it and not when the other person does.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Part of it is that Memphis sees his alliance as a means to an end just as he does Kaysar/Janelle. So like he doesn't really mind of Janelle wins and throws up two of them because he figures they'll be able to save Cody. And that assumes he cares about Cody. I THINK Memphis actually takes his "Commission" F2 with Cody seriously and think they're doing the reverse Dan/Derrick team up thing. But Cody's got like half a dozen other F2s and doesn't actually trust Memphis.

But like even IF Cody did trust Memphis, Memphis definitely mismanaged. Ultimately, he's a cranky old rear end in a top hat who terrorized the poo poo out of Kevin, Ian, and Nicole W1 because the lights in Have Nots wouldn't turn off. He doesn't want to tell people what he's doing or make a team decision. Last week he discarded Keesha without any effort to save her even though she saw him as her #1 in the game. Memphis is not Dan.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm impressed that BB and Day managed to capture the complicated essence that is "David gaming." I hope they include him talking to Kaysar for maximum "WTF?"

edit: Aww. The left out a really great organic line.

Bay: drat. Kaysar was right (about David being connected to the alliance).
Day: Yeah, but I'm never gonna tell him he was.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Aug 21, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

BB's actually doing a really good job constructing this Nicole/Janelle thing into a coherent story. I thought for sure it would be a confused mess.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It had to be a hinky vote. If there had been some kind of flip on Enzo's side of the house Tyler and Christmas would have been in on it.

Unless by some magic Kaysar and Janelle flipped Enzo's vote and are about to shock the poo poo out of us.

My guess is he's gonna pin it on Day. He hates her.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh poo poo, Janelle!

Guess you can only tell someone you hate them and don't want to work with them so many times before they take the hint.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Funny part is that totally fucks up Enzo's hinky vote plan. If it had been 4 votes you got Kevin, Janelle, Kaysar and a mystery person who didn't get the hint. But now its pretty clearly a hinky vote.

Wait, Tennessee is a girls' name? I thought that was her son.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

pospysyl posted:

On the other hand, having exactly 2 votes in favor of Nicole points directly to Kaysar and Janelle.

Only if Kevin denies he voted for her. Which, why would he?

Either way Kaysar and Janelle voting for Nicole is a non-subject. They're been targets since Day 1 and everyone knows they were campaigning their asses off for her. My guess is Enzo was targeting Day as part of a failed coupe but like, it makes no sense for Day to have voted with Kevin. Or for Kaysar and Janelle to split their votes.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

BB22: Yeah, forgot about Kevin there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

A Typical Goon posted:

why Julie gotta rub the salt in there with Nicole. I mean she played bad but you don’t gotta call her out

She did her a favor. Nicole's spent a week calling Janelle a manipulator who was using her and BB Twitter has gotten completely toxic against Nicole. The best thing that could happen was them making up last minute and Nicole saying in live tv that she was wrong and owed Janelle an apology.

Plus she clowned Memphis a little. And who doesn't like that?