Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Entered a Big Brother pool today, and it was a snake draft. I had the fourth pick and went with Christmas. Joke is on them -- she would have been my first overall pick, too.

My partner and her friend don't understand why I think so highly of Christmas.

I now fully expect her to be eliminated first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Give that man his own sketch show. I'd watch every episode.

Also, Enzo's corduroy hat and weird white shirt is just awful awful fashion choices.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I am not sure if my perception is correct or not, but it appears that both Cody and Memphis have had a hard time selling their arguments.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

This is why I didn't understand why Memphis won HOH this week. Now he's shown that he is obviously playing two sides, and I am not sure if it's just words, but one alliance has no trust in him after this week.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Yeah, that's a good point. In the conversations they've shown on TV, he doesn't really seem to be good at a social game. Dan and him may have been a duo, but there's probably a reason why I have never heard his name before this season.

And, while everyone is playing side alliances, he hasn't really done a good job of navigating them in his HOH. I think it only starts mattering when they get pressed on it and have to make a choice. He probably shouldn't have won HOH, and he definitely shouldn't have told Cody what Janelle told him.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Are Kaysar or Janelle having any fun in this house? Kaysar always looks he wants to be out of the house.

I guess that what happens when no one wants to work with you.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I should have waited another 10 minutes before posting that. They’re airing the Kaysar/Janelle friendship package. It’s sweet.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

If I recall correctly, Tyler's game in his season was playing as a villain but not realizing that he is one.

As for Nicole, her trying to back pedal was pretty funny. "oh my god -- how did that slip out of my mouth? Golly gee!"

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I realize they have to increase the suspense, which is why they show Cody thinking about using his veto. But, other than a predetermined back door, has an HOH or someone closely aligned with the HOH, ever used their veto because they changed targets mid-week?

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Thanks for the answers. Also, thanks for bringing back the memories of Caleb and Amber.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Now Frankie is flooding back.

I am also remembering the fallout of what happened with Christine that season.

e: Just found this article where Christine discusses how they wrote her diary room sessions for her, apparently: https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/big-brother-christine-varner-diary-room-sessions-completely-production-written.html/

quote:

In a tweet, the 29-year-old claimed production members began completely writing her diary room sessions around the fifth week. She also stated they nicknamed her “Crabby Christine” because she grew agitated with them for “making me say stuff I didn’t believe in” or things that never happened.

In another tweet, she clarified producers made her “say sentences verbatim” and would make her start over if she missed a word. Varner claims she got annoyed because this caused her diary room sessions to last for “hours.”

The Arizona-native responded to another fan asking for clarification, and explained that producers don’t write everyone’s sessions, only those who “don’t fit their narrative.”

My DR sessions were 100% production written by around week 5, I was getting so frustrated with them making me say stuff I didn’t believe in, or NOT how it happened, that production ended up calling me crabby christine

— Christine Varner (@MeanyChristiney) July 29, 2020

Twin Cinema fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Aug 27, 2020

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I started watching again with 14, and I pretty much stopped watching sometime during 15. Since, I have toughed out even the worst seasons.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

There is something really funny about Tyler and Cody get indignant about this whole thing when it felt like Tyler was just using David as a number.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

What was Dani’s message?

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I really don’t understand that scorched Earth mindset.

Kaysar already advancing has given me faint hope for the upcoming week.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Yeah, I hate the scared gameplay where no one wants to go against the obvious big threats only because they themselves feel safe. It almost never works out, and then you have a case like with in BB20 where Faysal/Hayleight/Scottie/others just never get on the same page.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

They are really dragging out this competition.

I feel like it’s going to be Enzo. I’m happy to be wrong, but he mentioned how he’s never won an HOH.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

But I’m not happy to be right.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

The signs of a healthy BB game are 30 minute HOHs and then a couple of comedy comedy/character segments before noms.

Yeah, especially when the actual competition probably took less than half of that time.

This hinky vote thing is dumb
- why would Dani lie to Cody?
- I literally don’t understand David’s game. It’s just constant fumble after fumble.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Sometimes I don’t know if it’s just something I’m missing because I don’t watch the feeds. Glad to see everyone is in agreement.

This week is a foregone conclusion, so I guess we are getting friendship and comedy segments. It was nice that they put on the Day and Kaysar conversation, even though they didn’t realize how relevant it was, sadly.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

If I have it correctly, there's currently two big alliances in the house. While there's some overlap between the two, it seems that the ones who do not overlap do not know about the other alliance. My guess this is why Enzo didn't make a big move, because Cody is directing him down one path. Unless I have this wrong -- the current dynamics of the house are confusing.

Also, I am still in awe of how badly David has played. His stammering over a simple question was just the latest.

This season has been frustrating so far. But, at least no one has been racist.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Thanks for all that info. I am surprised that Tyler also isn't someone at the center of the house. I am also surprised that Ian has any sort of alliance, because he's really seen to be on his lonesome watching the episodes.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Haha, that's great.

I thought the show aired everything that had actually happened during the week.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Can’t wait for, like, David to go up after all this discussion about Dani as a possibility.

E: oh, of course.

Twin Cinema fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Sep 3, 2020

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I hope they allow Kaysar to go home. Give him that peace.

I’d love to see people’s reactions after the game when they realize that Kaysar was right.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

This is frustrating, but better late than never, I guess.

The problem, however, is that too many people think they’re the core. I’m not sure if Memphis and David could swing to the other side.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Haha, Cody is so mad.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

And Dani, my god.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

This is great and all, but I really hope it doesn’t just lead to another Cody HOH.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Dani was really on the outside of the circle there. Nicole also reluctantly hugged him.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

“I don’t want to back in, please!”

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Christmas seems reasonable, but I don’t think she goes against her alliance.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Truth is with Kaysar gone I feel the weight of caring lifted. This time tomorrow Kaysar will be tucking his son into bed while Janelle sends him all the King Kaysar memes showing ehe's the star of the season. I'm at peace with the rest of this nonsense happening how it happens.

Do feed watchers also hate this season? Is that the general sentiment?

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I do love getting an episode of the trio being really mad.

It's too bad it took people an extra few weeks to realize what was happening in the house, and it's also too bad it's a Christmas HOH, but maybe this will lead to...something?

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I am unsure why Dani is lying, but I also didn't understand why she lied to Cody about throwing the hinky vote, or why she is mixing up her alliances.

I really hope one of Kaysar or Janelle win America's favourite. They have to be well out in front by this point, right?

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

That's true. We have short memories, and in another month, the memories of Kaysar may be forgotten.

Does Dani think she's playing a better game than she actually is? It seems like everyone knows what she is doing, but she just continues playing dumb -- even to herself.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Thats true -- maybe everyone has taken the word "All-Star" and let it to go their heads.

Also, does Tyler continually play the victim in every single situation?

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

That was my issue with Tyler in his season. He played like a villain but presented himself as a good guy. Even in his final speech, he never owned up to it. It’s frustrating.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Love it when the two people on the block lose first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

What the hell is even going on??