Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I just started the campaign and its... good? I mean not the greatest thing in the world but way, way better than I expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I enjoyed the campaign a lot too it's just that after you beat the campaign the game sorta falls apart and you're left wondering why there's a post game at all.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

My problem with the campaign was I jumped into multiplayer first and didn't start the campaign until I was level 30 with Ms Marvel, so it scaled to her level and then when I got to the boss fight with Hulk versus Abomination, it was still scaled for her but Hulk was level 1. Nothing like learning a character for the first time when you can't do damage and can be two shot, or sometimes even one shot.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Narcissus1916 posted:

I just started the campaign and its... good? I mean not the greatest thing in the world but way, way better than I expected.

Yeah if this had been a single player game it wouldn'thave tanked Guardians of the Galaxy

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Winter Soldier and Cloning Labs coming Nov 29th.

From what I heard, Bucky isn’t a full on clone like Jane, but does borrow a lot from Widow and Cap.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

in a game starving for engagement, deciding to make your newest character "guy with guns" instead of the telephasing android, magic sorcerer, or cosmic woman is loving baffling.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

DLC Inc posted:

in a game starving for engagement, deciding to make your newest character "guy with guns" instead of the telephasing android, magic sorcerer, or cosmic woman is loving baffling.

Pretty sure these have all been done for months. I realistically just want different boss fights, not another person that mimics skills of another against the same tired fights

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

We are getting a new MODOK boss fight this patch. He’ll hopefully be different than the final boss version.

I don’t get the huge desire for Scarlet Witch in this game, same for Dr Strange. The game hasn’t done too much magical stuff yet so I get why those two haven’t shown up yet, but where the hell is Captain Marvel? She’s been teased since before release.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Someone must be playing cause they are still putting stuff out instead of cutting and running.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Honestly, they get some respect for continuing from me. I certainly won't buy anything or play it and I only think about the game when this thread pops up in my bookmarks but hey, they didn't just gently caress off when the game didn't do gangbusters like any of the other companies that have tried and failed at the live service game thing.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Invalid Validation posted:

Someone must be playing cause they are still putting stuff out instead of cutting and running.

Thinking about would it be more depressing to be working on this or for the company still putting out Everquest expansions?

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

I'd consider the current roadmap loving off

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

Thinking about would it be more depressing to be working on this or for the company still putting out Everquest expansions?

hey they're pulling a paycheck so i guess that's a form of praxis

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

AccountSupervisor posted:

-Confirmed content for 2023 and beyond

Dead game!

https://twitter.com/PlayAvengers/status/1616563929555292161

lmao

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
On the one hand, come the end of March the last main update "will give all players access to all Marketplace cosmetics, including every Outfit, Takedown, and Nameplate that were previously purchasable with Credits. In addition, all cosmetic items previously earnable through Hero Challenge Cards and Shipments will also be made available to all players." On the other hand at the end of September "Marvel’s Avengers will no longer be available for purchase."

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Lol

lmao

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Lmao-kanda Forever

https://twitter.com/PlayAvengers/status/1616571170589114372?t=LyPy72OuuXWZGapF0wr4gw&s=19

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet
Hey, you guys can always go and play that new Suicide Squad game that's just as filled with bullshit as this one was.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
it's not to late to add one more character who is a regular person without any super powers

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

What I like in my superhero games are two characters who shoot a bow and one who uses guns and fists like every other game.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Ryaomon posted:

it's not to late to add one more character who is a regular person without any super powers
In fact, why not take away a leg just to show how badass he is?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Eh, they held out longer than expected and added more post release content than I woulda thought or was justified by sales. Multiplayer staying up and all the cosmetics being granted is more than most of these failed games as a service teams manage.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

RagnarokZ posted:

Hey, you guys can always go and play that new Suicide Squad game that's just as filled with bullshit as this one was.

And since that's Kevin Conroy's swan song they'll sell more copies purely out of interest as a result. (But it better not be a case of him basically being in it as a cameo. He deserved another full production with the advanced knowledge that it would be the end of his time as Batman, and obviously that couldn't happen, so whatever the make-do is, it better be worthy of his legacy.)

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Agent Escalus posted:

And since that's Kevin Conroy's swan song they'll sell more copies purely out of interest as a result. (But it better not be a case of him basically being in it as a cameo. He deserved another full production with the advanced knowledge that it would be the end of his time as Batman, and obviously that couldn't happen, so whatever the make-do is, it better be worthy of his legacy.)

if those SS leaks are true, sounds like it would've been better if it was just a cameo. fuckin yikes

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Mandrel posted:

if those SS leaks are true, sounds like it would've been better if it was just a cameo. fuckin yikes

What leaks?

Oh, found them. Haha. Yeah Avengers is gonna seem like a masterpiece if all this is true.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/10af11h/supposed_suicide_squad_kill_the_justice_league/

Codependent Poster fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jan 23, 2023

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
The source on that is a random 4chan post I seriously don’t know why everyone is taking it at its word.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Pirate Jet posted:

The source on that is a random 4chan post I seriously don’t know why everyone is taking it at its word.

if there's one thing I've learned over the past few years from the various leaks for a major thing from a random non-verified source that seemed too terrible to possibly be true, it's that the worse it sounds the more true it probably is and it's better to be wrong than in denial until the last second

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Yeah didn't that random leak on 4chan come with full-rear end screenshots

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Father Wendigo posted:

In fact, why not take away a leg just to show how badass he is?

Voiced by Jeremy Renner?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Suicide Squad is confirmed yet another Games as a Service title right? So it doesn't matter how good it is (it wont be good), I am not touching it.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

At least as far as I understand Suicide Squad is done by actual Rocksteady (Gotham Knights was the Arkham Origins team) so maybe the simple act of punching an enemy won't feel as weaksauce as it does in Avengers

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Voiced by Jeremy Renner?

:thejoke:

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
I just started playing this on game pass and enjoy it as a simple beat ‘em up game. My kids are young and into marvel so they like to watch me play it.

I’m almost done with the initial campaign. Are the other campaigns worth playing through or should I wrap it up with this dead game and bolt after I finish the main Act I story? I saw the announcement that it’s going on life support pretty much ….now.

Nash fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jan 30, 2023

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Idk what the game is like starting now vs then but id say if you and the fam are fans to enjoy the storylines or whatnot until it makes yall grind for any of it cause none of it is worth a grind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Nash posted:

I just started playing this on game pass and enjoy it as a simple beat ‘em up game. My kids are your and into marvel so the line to watch me play it.

I’m almost done with the initial campaign. Are the other campaigns worth playing through or should I wrap it up with this dead game and bolt after I finish the main Act I story? I saw the announcement that it’s going on life support pretty much ….now.

The Hawkeye ones are short. The Wakanda one is a little longer. I'd say if you like those characters than to go ahead and play the campaigns but you can stop after the main one if not.