Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
why are they still developing this game. it makes me so sad every time they post a chipper update

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
They did it!

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
the haptics on the a hulk smash better just pancake my fuckin controller

just kidding I'm not gonna play this

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

I have no idea what any of this means.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I’m Stochastic Screen-Space Reflections. A totally really real thing that exists and matters.

Orv
May 4, 2011

BGrifter posted:

I’m Stochastic Screen-Space Reflections. A totally really real thing that exists and matters.

It does exist and it does matter!

It will have absolutely no effect on the continued lifespan or death of this game in any way, shape or form.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

lmao none of those are even things for anything outside of ps5, a system that nobody can get

Orv
May 4, 2011
Don't worry there's also an upgrade for the Xbox X/S, systems nobody can figure out which is which or want!

https://twitter.com/blackninja504/status/1363994104783384576

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

BGrifter posted:

It is what ue4 has. It accurately models how roughness affects the reflection. A lot of games just do a mirror reflection then blur it afterwards instead because it's faster

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

BGrifter posted:

I'm the faster load times but not the significantly faster load times. Just the regular ol' insignificant load times.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
That's neat, did they fix the memory leak issue that made the game unplayable for me after 20 minutes lol?

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

I hope you enjoy hitting repetitive generic robots with next-gen graphics and faster loader times

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

lmao none of those are even things for anything outside of ps5, a system that nobody can get

I have been looking into it and its actually easier to find a PS5 than a video card right now, at least in Canada.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

I have been looking into it and its actually easier to find a PS5 than a video card right now, at least in Canada.

please send me one then

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

twistedmentat posted:

I have no idea what any of this means.

They announced they are rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic, with a nice picture.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

The lack of cross-platform play on the roadmap is a huge miss. The PC community has like 500 players a day and will 100% stay dead without console crossplay. I guess crossplay would be hard since Spiderman is PS5 exclusive which is also incredibly stupid. The release schedule is already weak and there will be an entire content cycle where PS5 players get some new story bits and a new character to play with while the other platforms get nothing.

strange feelings re Daisy fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Mar 3, 2021

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

The lack of cross-platform play on the roadmap is a huge miss. The PC community has like 500 players a day and will 100% stay dead without console crossplay. I guess crossplay would be hard since Spiderman is PS5 exclusive which is also incredibly stupid. The release schedule is already weak and there will be an entire content cycle where PS5 players get some new story bits and a new character to play with while the other platforms get nothing.

I still want to try this game on my ps5 but I'm not willing to pay more than 30€ for a dead game. Is the community at least somewhat alive on Playstation if I do end up getting it?

The whole "make spider-man Playstation exclusive" is the dumbest poo poo ever and I remember knowing it would sink the game when announced. It's ridiculous to ban two platforms from a full class! Even if the game was thriving, xbox and PC players were sure to leave en masse once the new character is released but unavailable for them. I didn't have a playstation when the game released and I stopped myself from buying it just because of it (so, thanks spidey!)

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
The lack of contact aware sharpening is why I'm still waiting for a big sale. Maybe I should jump on board now!

Edit: Spiderman is unironically the only reason I'm considering a used PS4 once the 5 is easily accessable and prices drop. Not for this game, but for the actual Spiderman game. I hate platform exclusives.

Masonity fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Mar 3, 2021

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Orv posted:

Don't worry there's also an upgrade for the Xbox X/S, systems nobody can figure out which is which or want!

https://twitter.com/blackninja504/status/1363994104783384576

It's like those ancient Atari advertisements about 128 bit or whatever nonsense, Blast PROCESSING!

Who the gently caress still tries to sell games using Technobabble these days?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Hugoon Chavez posted:

I still want to try this game on my ps5 but I'm not willing to pay more than 30€ for a dead game. Is the community at least somewhat alive on Playstation if I do end up getting it?

Everything about this game screams “future PS+ title”. If you wait a few months it seems highly likely to be one.

A couple more years and it’ll be a Humble Bundle staple.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Moola posted:

please send me one then

I saw a Best Buy had 5 one day a month ago then looked back an hour later and they were all gone. I have not seen a video card in stock anywhere in the country since new years.

Thanks buttcoiners.

You what would actually get people to come back to this game? Announcing a roadmap of character releases. Captain Marvel May, Black Panther August, Scarlet Witch November, Vision January 2022, Forbish Man April 2022.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I just managed to buy a PS5 so I believe you

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

cross play ultimately doesn't really matter when the end game content for this multiplayer game is single player only

I have no idea why they made mega hives single player, but its probably due to some kind of programming limitation or severe, severe idiocy

or both

also having their upcoming multiplayer "raid" content take upwards of a few hours to complete is loving moronic. crystal dynamics has no idea what people are looking for in a title like this, and their consistent lack of understanding what makes a coop loot game fun smothered this entire game in its fuckin cradle

like motherfucker, you already have an extremely, extremely low pop playerbase, adding a hardcore style teamwork raid with puzzles that require communication is exactly not what to do to try and get your metrics up.

the tachyon rift idea was moving it into a better direction, although since it requires 2+ players a lot of times you can't find a match for it in any sort of reasonable timeframe. I'm also not a fan of making missions harder by making them have a time limit (although they are pretty liberal with the time increases, especially if you have 3 or 4 people on your team). it's just a silly way of adding pressure on the player and the rewards don't warrant it being more "difficult" than any other activity

its like whoever is designing this poo poo played wow and thought "yes, this is exactly what people want in multiplayer" and completely skipped over all the other ARPGs in the last 10 years, including D3RoS which should have been the baseline they modeled their multiplayer activities over

also having tiers for each activity in the game (which segregates your limited playerbase even further) is completely loving dumb, just marry all difficulties together and base item drops 100% off of player power level. the war table is confusing and stupid, and there should just be a "hive/vault/villian/random" selection in the corner or something that throws you into a pool of players doing those activities.

goddamn there's so much wrong with the design of multiplayer, you can tell whoever is in charge didn't really play games like this or understand the common pitfalls mutliplayer ARPGs have fallen into and then solved

TheAgent fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Mar 3, 2021

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
At this point they’re just cranking out whatever content was already in the pipeline before launch before cutting support for the game. Doesn’t matter if it makes sense.

A few more characters, Spooder-Human to fulfill that contractual obligation, and they’re out the door.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

BGrifter posted:

At this point they’re just cranking out whatever content was already in the pipeline before launch before cutting support for the game. Doesn’t matter if it makes sense.

A few more characters, Spooder-Human to fulfill that contractual obligation, and they’re out the door.
its just sad because they could actually make this a better game with some longevity, it would just require time, money and thought and they seem to lack all fuckin three

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

RagnarokZ posted:

It's like those ancient Atari advertisements about 128 bit or whatever nonsense, Blast PROCESSING!

Who the gently caress still tries to sell games using Technobabble these days?

Chris Roberts? :downsrim:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Yeah, but where are they going to come up with stories and characters to interest players? It's not like Marvel has several decades of stories about people fighting bad guys that would easily transfer to the medium of video games.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I've had it with these goddamn Skrulls in my motherfucking video games.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Cloks posted:

Yeah, but where are they going to come up with stories and characters to interest players? It's not like Marvel has several decades of stories about people fighting bad guys that would easily transfer to the medium of video games.

As if Square Enix wants to pay the license fees for Marvel villains. Here, have some more generic robots and AIM mercs.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Cloks posted:

But that would require making assets that aren't labs, and all our artists are lab-centric.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
what really sucks is the moment to moment combat is mostly pretty awesome

shame its just in service of nothing

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Moola posted:

what really sucks is the moment to moment combat is mostly pretty awesome

Yeah once you get all the combos and powers unlocked the characters actually do feel pretty fun to play but as you say, it's all in service of nothing cause there's not enough enemy/environment/mission variety for this sorta game.

Related, in prime "the devs don't seem to understand what is good about their own game" news, they're apparently patching the game at some point in the future, presumably when Hawkeye the second gets added and the major change they're doing is making levelling.... slower after level 25. Apparently they're worried and have analytics or feedback that new players find "getting too many powers at once confusing" which probably means "we have to stretch out this content somehow"?

Personally I found it insanely loving irritating how slow it was and the idea they're making it slower is absolutely mad, I had everyone at max but haven't played since they added Kate so with that change they've made coming back and playing as new characters very unappealing and I was already not particularly disposed towards coming back at all. Too many good games to play ultimately.

As somebody else said, any changes they're making on that level feels like prime "rearranging chairs on the titanic" territory cause your problem isn't new players being confused by being given too many options. Seems to me the problem will be getting new players at all. With the fact that the first two characters you've added in the 7 months post release when you have access to every Marvel character are two archers who do seem fun but don't quite have the wow factor of say, Captain Marvel, Ghost Rider or Scarlet Witch or whoever.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Mar 4, 2021

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
We are in the worst timeline that this thing still gets content and the vastly more broken but better game is long dead.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Pigbottom posted:

Chris Roberts? :downsrim:

Yeah, but nobody outside his lunatic cult takes him serious anymore, well, haven't taken him serious since the Wing Commander movie.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1367505999595245579?s=20

jeez

Necrothatcher fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Mar 4, 2021

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

thebardyspoon posted:

Yeah once you get all the combos and powers unlocked the characters actually do feel pretty fun to play

lmao

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
lol

CD hire me for like $150k and I'll have your player numbers and metrics up 1,000% in less than a year

because I'll just flip the switch to bring the marvel heroes servers back online

oh my god this is just the best: "we are going to be giving you more cosmetic choices by removing cosmetic drops" is like wtf

quote:

Cosmetic Rework

We’ll be reworking how players obtain certain cosmetic items with the goal of providing more player agency and clarity about how to obtain them by removing randomness from the process. Currently, many of these items are only obtainable through a random chance in strongboxes or in Chastity’s store (cosmetic vendor). We want to make sure that when you earn a cosmetic item, it is something you have had a choice in working towards.

The first step of this is to temporarily disable the random cosmetic items drops in preparation for the change.
who the gently caress do you have running this poo poo CD lol

TheAgent fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Mar 4, 2021

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
jesus christ even fo76 turned things around

this feels like the devs actively trying to kill the game at this point in some kind of "The Producers" type scheme

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

From a game that has you equip hulk's ribcage nothing surprises or sounds too stupid to me anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
What the gently caress lmao