Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Ugly In The Morning posted:

As someone who really enjoyed this game when it came out:

What?!?

So yeah, the full story is this. Shortly after the game came out, one particular data miner showed up, mmmmmmmiller. They saw that there were text files and incomplete work for a number of heroes. They were the one to leak a lot of info about Black Panther and Wakanda long before they were officially revealed. The heroes that we know are in the works because of them are She-Hulk, Winter Soldier, Captain Marvel, and War Machine. The other day, Miller tweeted out that Krizia Bajos would voice She-Hulk. She soon quote tweeted that with a green heart and then that tweet was deleted. Sandra Saad, Ms Marvel’s voice, also retweeted that and congratulated her before deleting it after an “oops”. VO is usually a late in development step, so she’s probably coming in the Spring sometime.

Now why She-Hulk? Besides her series coming presumably around the same time, I dunno. Game doesn’t really need more brawler-y street level guys. Since they’re going this route, I’d really like to see her being a grappler or wrestler type of character. Suplexes, drop kicks, flying elbows, power bombs. Something different from other punch/kick guys and especially different from Hulk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I mean that just kinda sounds like Widow with less ranged stuff.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Oh, yeah, probably…

I mean, they’ve done a good enough job so far of making everyone feel different enough. Hopefully they can do something interesting.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

One of her abilities should be her screaming objection like Phoenix Wright.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
they should add Daredevil, cause that seems like a really low effort amount of work tbh

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

AccountSupervisor posted:

Looking forward to the 2022 roadmap for this dead game

https://twitter.com/imranzomg/status/1511369928690966532

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Was Avengers ever... winding up?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Deakul posted:

They definitely tried to spin it like the Wakanda expansion was going to see the revival of the game and major development on it but uh, yeah.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Deakul posted:

oh it was a wind up alright

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Moola posted:

*in an extremely tired divorced dad voice* I'm spider-man...

I just started playing this game on the PS4 (*PRO* you poor rear end bitches) due to a 7yo begging to play as the Hulk and it costing $8 used… I can confirm… 😑

BUT I WILL 100% IT.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There were probably plans for 2022 - 2023 content, but it likely got canceled.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They ran outta GaaS so what can you do?

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

They announced She Thor the other week. Game is alive and well!

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

They also announced they will no longer be providing roadmaps, because long term planning isn't what they do, they prefer for their content to grow organically.

Which is why you only get heroes that are other heroes already in the game.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Spider-man. Spider-man. Does what already existing characters can

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Good Citizen posted:

Spider-man. Spider-man. Does what already existing characters can

he spins a web! Not very well... The controls kinda feel like total hell...

Watch out! It's (Disney's) Marvel's Avengers Spider-Man! (from Sony)

Moola fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Apr 29, 2022

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Zaodai posted:

They also announced they will no longer be providing roadmaps, because long term planning isn't what they do, they prefer for their content to grow organically.

Which is why you only get heroes that are other heroes already in the game.

Sounds like an excuse for when the plug gets pulled all of a sudden.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Junkenstein posted:

They announced She Thor the other week. Game is alive and well!

If that’s legit, I’ll finally play the stupid game I bought for $20.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
She Thor?

maybe she should take some painkillers

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Must be making at least some money from people. I can’t imagine bothering to implement anything else on a dead game.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Folks, at some point in the following year we're gonna have a skin that's not just a new texture. It's a whole new mesh!

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1521120075176157185

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUPcipgqagA

:rip:

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Hey at least THQ Nordic still has a pretty good roster of studios :shobon: Maybe Embracer will do right by the acquired franchises.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

I'm the Gourdians of the Galaxy

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

From what I understand if Disney/Marvel does not approve the transaction that probably means not just an ending of future development for the game but a straight up server shutdown.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Guadians won't be delisted anytime soon would it?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

RBX posted:

Guadians won't be delisted anytime soon would it?

Could be. They forced Capcom to delist MvC games and Activision to delist Ultimate Alliance. I think both are back now, but they’ve done it before and may do it again.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Is Ultimate Alliance back? Pretty sure that "remastered" collection from 5 or 6 years back also got delisted so they've been delisted twice.

For Guardians, honest answer is no one can say but it can happen very suddenly so if you really want it for sure, grab it now since I'm sure a physical copy can be gotten on sale somewhere. They probably would give a warning though.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

If anyone still cares about this game, the next hero is Jane Foster Thor (yay, another semi-clone), who comes out in a week.
https://twitter.com/playavengers/status/1539284610730717185?s=21&t=jhUg_GH8FZEXf-Z8OZ6EDQ

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Can't wait til we get red hulk as a standalone character

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

HebrewMagic posted:

Can't wait til we get red hulk as a standalone character

I'm excited for US Agent and Black Widow's sister who is ALSO called Black Widow

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

it would indeed rule if we got genderflip versions of everybody but black widow's alt was just another lady

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
I still can't believe they murdered marvel heroes for this.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Pigbottom posted:

I still can't believe they murdered marvel heroes for this.

They don't really have any connection with each other

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Welp. Guess I'm going to have to dust off that copy I bought for $20 and never played. Jane Foster Thor was my main in Marvel Heroes, so I'm going to have to jump on the opportunity to have her raise the hammer again.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Gameplay trailer for Mighty Thor. She looks to be the closest to an echo or clone character yet. Biggest differences seem to be the Intrinsic and Ult abilities. She looks to be a little more ranged focus than regular Thor. There was room to do something different with her, like have her ranged attacks be lightning bolts or ice shards, but I think this is pretty underwhelming.

https://twitter.com/playavengers/status/1541454743460909057?s=21&t=vbejUnUXADFqHhqmOIMtrg

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Who could possibly give a poo poo? They need to take it out back and put it out of its misery.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Marvel’s Avengers Game: I think this is pretty underwhelming.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
Janes alright, an echo character obviously but shes got a few quirks in her skill tree that are fun. I like her Heroic more than Thors. Havent gotten any exotics or built much with her yet though.

Devs seem way more positive and open about the future of the game since the acquisition. At least 2 more heroes before the end of year and theyve said theyre currently planning content into 2023. Update 2.6 coming soon will finally bring Cloning Labs and a new MODOK Villain Sector and OLT, so we have that next and probably She-Hulk after to tie in with the show(much like their past 3 heroes releases)

I still pop in to play occasionally now that theyve reworked leveling past 150 Power, dont seem to ever have trouble matchmaking and I see a lot of high leveled players with fancy mtx skins so Im still not thinking this games going to die anytime soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It’ll die when the cross section of ongoing income and expensive marvel rights intersect. Just like every other Disney game property.