Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
hey marvel's avengers how's it going?

https://twitter.com/mmmmmmmmiller/status/1544436756321271808

...yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's basically an open secret that She-Hulk is coming so it's not too bad

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Bottom dude is a dev? Looks thrilled to be working on the game lol

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

had a go with lady thor and this game still feels like rear end

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Ruffian Price posted:

had a go with lady thor and this game still feels like rear end

that's its secret cap

it's always felt like rear end

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Finished watching Ms. Marvel on Disney+, and thinking about how sad it makes me that her one video game adaptation is this pitiful game. She is such an awesome character, and I want a video game with her in it and playable, but the options are.... this.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

To be fair, the story portion of the game is good and it mostly focuses on Kamala. It's just the added gaas that detracts from it.

But she's also in Ultimate Alliance 3! So uh... there's always mobile games.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Finished watching Ms. Marvel on Disney+, and thinking about how sad it makes me that her one video game adaptation is this pitiful game. She is such an awesome character, and I want a video game with her in it and playable, but the options are.... this.

I actually prefer the Kamala in this game, but the show wasn't bad either

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I just picked this up on sale because I was bored. It's pretty decent if you think about it like a 3D beat-'em-up button masher. I'm not a MCU fan, so the fact that they look like offbrand Avengers is more pro than a con for me. I've been playing the story campaign so far. The one thing I wish it wouldn't do is throw a new character at you in the middle of a mission and not tell you what their powers/combos. That part kind of sucks balls.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Bogus Adventure posted:

I just picked this up on sale because I was bored. It's pretty decent if you think about it like a 3D beat-'em-up button masher. I'm not a MCU fan, so the fact that they look like offbrand Avengers is more pro than a con for me. I've been playing the story campaign so far. The one thing I wish it wouldn't do is throw a new character at you in the middle of a mission and not tell you what their powers/combos. That part kind of sucks balls.

On sale is exactly the price to pay for this game

Some of the story is legit good, and I maintain that the Cap gameplay is rad

It's just a shame squeenix forced them to make it a loving gaas game

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah, imagine if this game was more like Guardians of the Galaxy. It could've been really good.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Gotta sell 10 million copies or have battlepasses, that's the rule.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Moola posted:

On sale is exactly the price to pay for this game

Some of the story is legit good, and I maintain that the Cap gameplay is rad

It's just a shame squeenix forced them to make it a loving gaas game

Yeah, once you get the mechanics down the fighting is really fun. I've only played the Reassemble campaign so far, but Black Widow and Hulk are a joy to play. Once I figured out that you can sprint with Hulk by "hopping" everything about that character just clicked.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Honestly to me every character is fun to play. I just started playing this about a month ago and I've played basically nothing else since. Something about his game has really clicked with me. I got one friend playing thats at the same level as I am, and another friend who is a bit more casual about playing it. I was hoping to eventually do some of the required 4 player stuff but from what I understand if you just play with randos they are often extremely overpowered to the point where you're just getting carried through. Ideally I'd like to do end up doing that stuff with a full group of first timers.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

It really is a lot more fun than I expected. I just finished the main campaign and am working on Kate Bishop's campaign. Her fighting style is very much my jam. I'm hoping that Clint Barton's fighting style is similar since I've resigned myself to the fact that this game is the closest I'll ever get to an Arrowverse Green Arrow game (outside of the Lego DLC that has Stephen Amell voicing it). I just want to run around, shoot trick arrows, and beat up fools.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Okay, I just got Clint's Medieval outfit and Kate's Undercover outfit, so I can finally play as Arrow and Speedy. Now I just play this game while singing the Arrow theme song and this game is loving HYPE.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I've put the game down for the moment because MultiVersus is insanely fun, and this weeks event is kinda terrible (why are the missions locked at level 120?). I'd be interested in doing stuff with people that genuinely enjoy the game. My steam is https://steamcommunity.com/id/solidsnakesbandana/.

Oh my god 347 hours. What the gently caress. I'm not even maxed or even that good.

edit: Right now I'm in that Science Table discord as it seems to be the only community on Planet Earth that actually bothered to learn stuff about the game. Unfortunately they are all super endgame focused stat crunching types, which is fine, but not the kind of person who would enjoy playing with someone as casual as myself. These folks are doin stuff like savescumming loot for 500 runs and poo poo, where I guess they complete an event and revert their cloud save if they didn't get the exact piece of perfect loot they were looking for (referred to as a unicorn)

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jul 28, 2022

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Man imagine spending that much effort on a dead game.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Invalid Validation posted:

Man imagine spending that much effort on a dead game.

i'm still playing city of heroes

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

lmao square added swimsuit variants to the store. we're in that gacha phase now, huh

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah, imagine if this game was more like Guardians of the Galaxy. It could've been really good.

Guardians was honestly great stuff and it's astounding it mostly flew under the radar because of the stink of Avengers

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Like a third of Captain America's outfits are just him shirtless. We've always been in that gacha phase.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2022/08/18/marvels-avengers-next-hero-is-bucky-barnes-the-winter-soldier-plus-cloning-labs-coming/

-Update 2.6 in September with new Villain Sector

-Update 2.7 by EOY with new hero Winter Soldier and Cloning Labs OLT

-Significant player base growth from Gamepass/PS+ and revenue from skins

-CD has been hiring and growing the development team for Avenegers

-Confirmed content for 2023 and beyond

Dead game!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Winter Soldier is the most boring choice imaginable--a guy who punches and uses guns, ffs put Vision or Dr. Strange in the game

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

Bogus Adventure posted:

It really is a lot more fun than I expected. I just finished the main campaign and am working on Kate Bishop's campaign. Her fighting style is very much my jam. I'm hoping that Clint Barton's fighting style is similar since I've resigned myself to the fact that this game is the closest I'll ever get to an Arrowverse Green Arrow game (outside of the Lego DLC that has Stephen Amell voicing it). I just want to run around, shoot trick arrows, and beat up fools.

What platform do you play on?

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Winter Soldier better be voiced by David Hayter again

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
He better voice him or I'll quit this game I don't play

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Funny how all the new characters are just tweaked clones of other characters in the game. Good on them for somehow making money, now they just gotta make it fun to play.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

AccountSupervisor posted:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2022/08/18/marvels-avengers-next-hero-is-bucky-barnes-the-winter-soldier-plus-cloning-labs-coming/

-Update 2.6 in September with new Villain Sector

-Update 2.7 by EOY with new hero Winter Soldier and Cloning Labs OLT

-Significant player base growth from Gamepass/PS+ and revenue from skins

-CD has been hiring and growing the development team for Avenegers

-Confirmed content for 2023 and beyond

Dead game!

So either there are insane player numbers on the consoles or the 500ish Steam players that regular play this, are 100% pure whales.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Anne Heche was technically alive until the plug was pulled too.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Fair play to them they've somehow lasted longer than a lot of the other live service games, the stuff they've added just isn't appealing to me whatsoever cause it all just looks like it takes place in very similar corridor like environments and against very similar enemies.

Also whenever they add a new character I remember I'd have to play them for some amount of time in the early levels where you barely have any abilities or the actual fun stuff in the surprisingly enjoyable combat system because they increased how long it took to level characters up.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Raged posted:

Anne Heche was technically alive until the plug was pulled too.

:drat:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
no matter what the game, regardless of quality, there will always be some random weirdo in Games™ doing free PR for it

Orv
May 4, 2011

Moola posted:

no matter what the game, regardless of quality, there will always be some random weirdo in Games™ doing free PR for it

The shame of it all is Avengers is a really solid - not incredible but just satisfyingly pretty nice - brawler stapled onto a terrible ARPGMMO. We don't get a ton of 3D brawlers so it's extra sad. It's like the Destiny problem; the worlds best shooting stapled onto the worlds worst MMO design philosophies. I don't think live service games are inherently a bad thing but some things that definitely don't need to get it crammed in there and it's a bummer. Like MOBAs and BRs there's only so much market space for a game you're expected to do weekly tasks in and I think we're probably already at saturation for that but we're going to get another three or five years of these games coming out and just not finding an audience, bad games or otherwise.

Orv fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Aug 19, 2022

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Orv posted:

The shame of it all is Avengers is a really solid - not incredible but just satisfyingly pretty nice - brawler stapled onto a terrible ARPGMMO. We don't get a ton of 3D brawlers so it's extra sad. It's like the Destiny problem; the worlds best shooting stapled onto the worlds worst MMO design philosophies. I don't think live service games are inherently a bad thing but some things that definitely don't need to get it crammed in there and it's a bummer. Like MOBAs and BRs there's only so much market space for a game you're expected to do weekly tasks in and I think we're probably already at saturation for that but we're going to get another three or five years of these games coming out and just not finding an audience, bad games or otherwise.

agree on all points, the foundation of the combat is really really fun! Also agree GaaS arent always bad, but putting it into this was the most boned headed move possible

sometimes I think about reinstalling but I remember it STILL runs like poo poo on PC unless I roll back to some ancient nvidia drivers from 2020

also I remember that the enemies and levels are all boring and its just the moment to moment gameplay that is sometimes good

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Yeah but they're bringing us the Cloning Labs so that we can fight MODOK and Abomination

again

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Deakul posted:

Yeah but they're bringing us the Cloning Labs so that we can fight MODOK and Abomination

again

dead game? :smug:

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

RagnarokZ posted:

So either there are insane player numbers on the consoles or the 500ish Steam players that regular play this, are 100% pure whales.

Its the former. The PC community for this game is the smallest playerbase by a large large margin and even then the majority of them are not playing on Steam and most likely Gamepass.

But Im just the weirdo giving the game free PR so I cannot be trusted, clearly.

Orv
May 4, 2011
E: Eh, lovely of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Deakul posted:

again

It will forever piss me off that this didn't come out in the PlayStation 2 era, so there's no cheat code to play as MODOK. It's like, the best incarnation of him ever, too.