Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Will be in on the ground floor on PC. Most people streaming this say it's fun to play but realize the gameplay isn't that great to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Seeing new Marvel games always renews my desire to have a Wilford Brimley as Captain America SA icon.

Far as gear, it will slightly alter your character's appearance but most of the skins in game you're able to earn via completing challenges. There are for sure going to be DLC ones but most are rewards SE said right out of the gate.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

Kamala is great. Happy with her in the game.

I think I had the most fun with her and Widow. The others I'm kinda eh on. Hopefully they get other characters out quickly because those two and Cap are the ones that I'll probably just end up using all the time.

Though it's kinda weird to see Kamala as a Carol Danvers fangirl but no sight of Carol at all. Probably should have had her on the team. Maybe the story will explain it.

The size on PS4 was 27GB or so.

Guaranteed she'll be one of the DLC characters down the line (which will be free).

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

JordanKai posted:

Some people have datamined the beta's server code and there are references to Kate Bishop (Hawkeye), War Machine, and She-Hulk in there.

Man, did they just hire the switch flipper from Gaz? :gaz:

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

ICR posted:

From the Marble Aggregators/Marsupial Aspergers/Martian Averagers/Mustafa Aligers Website:

Yay I'm more than the recommended!

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Glad I got the console version to play it already cause the PC version on Steam is apparently losing its mind.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Masonity posted:

Path of Exile is a GaaS which seems to be doing it right. It's also one of the least offensive freemium games out there. Playing pretty princess dress up is expensive, but all you need to play properly are a few tab upgrades which come to less than a new game anyway.

GaaS only work when the game is built around it. Destiny started as its own game and has taken a while to get it semi right, Anthem was thrust into it deep in dev like Avengers and it hurt both. Fall guys started out as a GaaS and it works way better with a much smaller budget.

That being said, I put this down to play Control and my God I love that game.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

We are in the worst timeline that this thing still gets content and the vastly more broken but better game is long dead.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

cvnvcnv posted:

There is specifically mention of him not being playable in the dialogue about AIM doing something to his physiology that if he changes size ever again, :rip:.

Yet Kamala changes sizes and I'm sure the intent was "We already got one person that shifts sizes, don't want to duplicate that. Now, add in the two Hawkeyes."

This game baffles me on so many levels, like you have a sure fire thing of making money and they just dump on it, with literally zero effort, but make it LOOK LIKE really good no effort. There's maybe five people working on this right now, and Square Enix will just turn around to say "Welp, we don't know the Western market, let's keep pumping out anime games."

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

God in Heaven, it's so bad.

One expansion in Heroes had more content than this game will have in the next year lol.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

So how bad is that new Guardians game? ICR really letting me down here...

I'm really enjoying it. May be the PTSD from Avengers, but the game is super smooth, the combat is satisfying and the banter is great between all the guardians. It is pretty much what this game should've been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

DLC Inc posted:

in a game starving for engagement, deciding to make your newest character "guy with guns" instead of the telephasing android, magic sorcerer, or cosmic woman is loving baffling.

Pretty sure these have all been done for months. I realistically just want different boss fights, not another person that mimics skills of another against the same tired fights