Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

(double posting from the Avengers discussion in the Anthem thread since I didn't see this thread first).

I got the game to play with friends and jumped straight into multi. I mained Kamala because she's adorable and my friends were already maining Hulk, Thor and Cap. Then I learned Kamala has a costume that requires beating the campaign so I went back. I went back when I was, like, power level 122.

Got to Hulk's part. First section ain't so bad, everyone's level 6 and Hulk is level 8 or so. Then it switches to Kamala again and she's fighting enemies scaled to her.

Then it takes me to Hulk versus Abomination. Abomination is scaled to (multiplayer) Kamala. He kills Hulk in one shot with any attack and takes no damage. I cannot swap out to Kamala to fight him.

This happened pre patch. Post patch that released today? Still die to one hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

My friend who mained Cap updated the game and it CTD'd four times without letting him join single player or multi.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Game is trash, but it's fun trash, the game equivalent of a bucket of popcorn at the movies, shared with friends.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Did they fix the bug where if you joined your friends for "end game" multiplayer stuff right out of the gate you could end up permanently missing a skill point with Ms. Marvel?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Invalid Validation posted:

I haven’t played in a while but as of the Kate Bishop patch it would still crash a lot and it ran like poo poo. Might be better now but I haven’t played in a while. There’s just no incentive to grind after the story. What’s the end game?

Number go up. How far can that carry you?

I got more than I expected out of playing Ms. Marvel and kicking people with a cartoonishly big foot in multiplayer. Going giant mode and spinning to win as bad guys are flung around helplessly was hilarious, and being able to be the literally big drat hero when my friends were in trouble was a blast. But we'd already done all that the game could offer inside of one play session together, and even entertaining my grindiest friend couldn't sustain interest until the Kate Bishop drop.

Give Ms. Marvel more and better games, imo.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

This looks like it's pronounced like "Clow" from Card Captor Sakura.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

My problem with the campaign was I jumped into multiplayer first and didn't start the campaign until I was level 30 with Ms Marvel, so it scaled to her level and then when I got to the boss fight with Hulk versus Abomination, it was still scaled for her but Hulk was level 1. Nothing like learning a character for the first time when you can't do damage and can be two shot, or sometimes even one shot.