Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Jusupov posted:

I got a beta key I won't be able to use, anyone want to try this trainwreck?
What system?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
Sure, I'd be interested.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Zaodai posted:

Yeah, I think they went a little overboard with how often Kamala fangirls out, but I figured I had just gotten too old and cynical to "get" it. It probably appeals to kids who aren't so jaded yet.
The game's depiction is actually leaning more on Kamala-as-fangirl (and fanfic writer) than where she was in the comics when she first got her powers... although it's hardly the first adaptation to exaggerate these traits/roles.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

ZeeBoi posted:

Traditionally single player developers not knowing how to make a live service game? Shocking!
Insert 'they stuck an Avengers GaaS onto my perfectly good Kamala Khan/Ms. Marvel single-player story game' cliché here. Speaking of whom:
https://twitter.com/PlayAvengers/status/1367532942847660034At least this one was actually in the comics, even if only one issue (Ms. Marvel (2015) #12.)

P.S. Is it weird if I kind of still want to see what they were going to do with Black Panther and a Wakanda raid?

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Twibbit posted:

The Inventor would be amazing to me personally because he was Kamala's first major villain, and he is the DNA fusion of Thomas Edison and a parakeet. Lots of robots which again the game uses already, but they had a unique aesthetic as he made them out of recycled trash. He died after his first arc though and his silly appearance both mean he is unlikely to show up. Also a villain that is basically all rear end in a top hat boomer stereotypes might not be appreciated for a AAA game to alienate people.
Without spoiling things, I'll say that her Teenage Wasteland arc (collected in a trade paperback volume of that name) had an interesting-to-me twist on this.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

ErrEff posted:

- Story campaign is thoroughly 'okay'. There's a big gap in quality between the 'crafted singleplayer' portions and the rest of the game (which is War Zone 'multiplayer' content repurposed as story missions).
Pretty much why a recurring opinion of this game is that it might have started as a SP Ms. Marvel game only to get the Avengers GaaS stuff grafted on. (I may or may not have mentioned that one of the concept artworks showed Kamala's bedroom in particular being far less 'floor to ceiling Avengers merchandising showcase', along with the mentioned-only Nakia appearing in-person.)

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

AccountSupervisor posted:

It blows its an exclusive, I still hope that if the game moves past 2022 content theyd drop the exclusivity.
Doesn't Sony's death-grip on the Spider-Man license mean that all Crystal Dynamics devs can do is try to convince Sony to relent for a one-off?

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Good Citizen posted:

Well that sure does appear to meet the minimum contractual obligations
Doesn't that essentially make Sony the arbiter of 'good enough' here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
On the one hand, come the end of March the last main update "will give all players access to all Marketplace cosmetics, including every Outfit, Takedown, and Nameplate that were previously purchasable with Credits. In addition, all cosmetic items previously earnable through Hero Challenge Cards and Shipments will also be made available to all players." On the other hand at the end of September "Marvel’s Avengers will no longer be available for purchase."