Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
I had fun with the beta on PC, but yeah definitely don't buy on launch cause this is buggy as balls.

Generally I like how the mission structures work, in that it's quick and you can choose what you want super easy. As long as there's a quickjoin on a full release this could be great for drop-in/out sort of stuff.

Aside from all the GaaS poo poo, the big problem I have is with how the combat shakes out. I feel like the core for most characters is trying towards an Arkham sort of brawler, where a skilled player can effectively come out of most fights unscathed. This can and will happen with smaller solo encounters, and when it does it feels fantastic. There issue here is that four-player gets super noisy, so that sort of precision goes out the window whenever a group fight is involved. Maybe if you have a team of people you know playing who all have tactics in mind smooth combat could work, but in pubs a lot of time combat is going to be a shitshow.

This isn't helped by the short dodge distance the characters have, and the short reaction times that players have to counter coming attacks. There are a lot of unblockable hits coming your way in this one, and maybe it's my muscle memory screwing me, but that combined with the small windows really hosed my ability to counter in ways that I've never experienced before in other games.

Also, there are far too many turrets and flying drones to deal with, which gets really annoying really quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
Jesus christ Tony shut the gently caress up

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
e:
From 16 attempted multiplayer games:

2 worked all the way through
2 started and then had players disconnect
4 soft locks after the game has loaded, just staring at the characters and being unable to move
8 infinite loading screens

Bushmaori fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Aug 23, 2020

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

jabro posted:

And yet you keep trying.

Because alt tabbing is not hard

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

infraboy posted:

I mean none of the gameplay seems particularly fun so i'm not sure how the loot is interesting, Destiny at least had some interesting guns to play with and interesting raid bosses to over come.

This is just one of those games where I hope i'm wrong and it'll be amazing.

Imo chances of a garbage launch are high, but is has potential to at least be pretty solid eventually if they don't Anthem it.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
I'm still excited to play this game after a few months of patches and price drops

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Soonmot posted:

awwww yeah, can run in the hubs now!

Says something that you couldn't do this at first. I don't know what that something is, but it probably isn't good.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
So what's the bet on this game, eventual F2P once they have enough cosmetics and junk to make it viable?

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

jabro posted:

After this and Outriders I hope Square Enix takes a hard long look at their looter shooter strategy or just abandon them entirely.

They just announced a FF7 battle royale, they ain't don't chasing trends yet.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

jabro posted:

Action-packed Multiplayer 🤔

Action-packed! Multiplayer?

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

HebrewMagic posted:

Dog you are taking this poo poo weirdly personal

TBF I've seen the amount of dogpiling them in this thread as loving weird as well.

Bushmaori fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Nov 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Nah they only got dogpiled when they started to get all defensive and call everyone childish for saying mean things about the game.

Nah it was the same insufferable hot goon takes talking down to them for liking something.
Let people like things.